Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

No stealth mode under 50 degrees

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 08:10 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Received 891 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidC84B
That's unfortunate... a big "pro" of my eRay consideration is winter daily driving/commuting. My Z06 shakes the house and it'd be nice to crawl out in silence in the early AM. It's below 50 in the morning much of the year.
It's still an LT2 at heart. And comes with NPP exhaust standard, iirc.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:27 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,209 Likes on 6,017 Posts

What’s the point of your comment? The LT2 is still loud at start.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:32 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Not as loud as the LT6. But I'm happy to be proven wrong, if someone has a decibel-meter for a side-by-side test.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:17 PM
Jwalker3rd
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 213 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 23/C8Z
Good god. EVs are. Such a fail so far.

How does Tesla do it? And every other EV?
EVs will never make it in the USA. And this article proves my point and dislikes on EVs. You CANT take them on road trips..
And according to what happened a few days ago, you can't drive them in cold weather either.. Not to mention the backups at car charging stations, and people waiting for hours to charge a car...LMAO @ All Tesla Owners!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...o/72252874007/

Last edited by Jwalker3rd; 01-20-2024 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:07 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Sounds like the same reasons why commuter rail hasn't caught on in the USA; the distances are far greater than in Europe.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:17 PM
/Bear/
Drifting

Received 1,530 Likes on 757 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

Originally Posted by Garret
So let me get this straight...stealth mode does not work when it's under 50 degrees F? True? I hear it's even in the manual...but did not look.

Originally Posted by JerryU
...plenty of heat coming from the large, long, non-insulated pipes with engine coolant at ~150 to 200F. These sit right above the batteries. So run the LS2 for a short time and they will be warm enough
There's been a lot of speculation, but now that I have my ERay, I set up the perfect test to answer this question once and for all, and I posted the results of my "50-degree Eray test" on YouTube.

Not what I expected!

Old 03-29-2024, 12:18 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 996 Likes on 468 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by /Bear/
There's been a lot of speculation, but now that I have my ERay, I set up the perfect test to answer this question once and for all, and I posted the results of my "50-degree Eray test" on YouTube.

Not what I expected!
And the answer is?
Old 03-29-2024, 08:35 AM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Garret
And the answer is?
The answer is

"Corvette community is now beholden to likes and clicks (from those who have the means to be early adopters), so expect teasers and links...but no substantive data on the actual forums." And given the potential revenue from force-feeding everyone via this method--it will likely get worse, as this is seen as a venue for funding future purchases as well.

And this isn't limited to any one particular person.
The following users liked this post:
Exponent (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 09:19 AM
/Bear/
Drifting

Originally Posted by 3LZR21U
The answer is

"Corvette community is now beholden to likes and clicks (from those who have the means to be early adopters), so expect teasers and links...but no substantive data on the actual forums." And given the potential revenue from force-feeding everyone via this method--it will likely get worse, as this is seen as a venue for funding future purchases as well.

And this isn't limited to any one particular person.
I realize your comment isn't directed only at me, but I'm involved here, so I'll respond.

I do not make any money from my website (no ads or products), nor from YouTube. That's not my goal, and I expect to never see a dime. I do what I do for the love of Corvettes, as a creative outlet, and in hopes of being of service to the Corvette community. Also, I have recently posted helpful information and photos on this forum, so I'll say that at least in my case, providing "no substantive data on the actual forums" is not true.

In this instance, I've gone to the trouble to make a YouTube video, and I'd rather continue producing more educational ERay content for my channels — which I'm doing now and most days — rather than answering individual questions on forums. People may also discover my recent Public Service Announcement video and article that's important for all ERay owners and hasn't been discussed here yet at all, even though it has on the other Corvette forum and in a CorvetteBlogger article, as well.
The following 3 users liked this post by /Bear/:
ERay2024 (03-31-2024), G8R-Vette (03-29-2024), Redc8z06 (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 10:51 AM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

I realize your comment isn't directed only at me, but I'm involved here, so I'll respond.

I do not make any money from my website (no ads or products), nor from YouTube. That's not my goal, and I expect to never see a dime. I do what I do for the love of Corvettes, as a creative outlet, and in hopes of being of service to the Corvette community. Also, I have recently posted helpful information and photos on this forum, so I'll say that at least in my case, providing "no substantive data on the actual forums" is not true.

In this instance, I've gone to the trouble to make a YouTube video, and I'd rather continue producing more educational ERay content for my channels — which I'm doing now and most days — rather than answering individual questions on forums. People may also discover my recent Public Service Announcement video and article that's important for all ERay owners and hasn't been discussed here yet at all, even though it has on the other Corvette forum and in a CorvetteBlogger article, as well.
And where is this YouTube video?
/Bear/ (04-02-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 11:37 AM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Great. So hotlink it in this thread. YT may be great for hosting. I see no reason not to also hotlink so it is available for members on forums you post in.

if you'd done a video on the topic--and never posted on it--that'd be one thing. But making a video, telling people you made the video, and then failing to provide the gist of said video (or at least hotlinking it)--just makes it seem like you are wanting to drive traffic & force people to go about doing things the hard way.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3LZR21U:
/Bear/ (04-02-2024), Exponent (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 12:58 PM
Bob MacLean
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

Not what I expected!
Bear I gave up searching for the youtube test.. maybe a link? Thanks! Bob
/Bear/ (04-02-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 01:03 PM
Exponent
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked your "public service announcement" video - it had useful information that could only be conveyed via video. Ideally, there would be post about the issue, describing the situation in text on the forum, and then embedding a video about the problem and showing visually the fix & how to properly screw on/off the cap.

However, on this "No 'Stealth Mode' below 50°F" issue...
...there's no text discussion of the issue on the forum,
... just a description that you have a video about it,
...no link or embedding of the video,
...I had to use someone else's link to go to your domain,
...I had to go to the "public service announcement" article,
...and scroll down to where the video was embedded THERE,
...start playing the video,
...click on the "YouTube" link in the embedded player,
...to take me to the YouTube page for your video,
...click on the link on that page for your channel,
...look for the video about stealth mode in the list of your channel's videos,
...and watch until the VERY END of your video to find out
...what you could have said with about 4-5 words back at the forum!

I appreciate people giving information, and making videos, but the above process was ridiculous!
/Bear/ (04-02-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 01:48 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,574 Likes on 863 Posts

Here:

The following 3 users liked this post by Redc8z06:
/Bear/ (04-02-2024), Bob MacLean (03-31-2024), Garret (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 04:02 PM
neoattilahun
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Nothing wrong with making money

I see nothing wrong with making money, especially doing something you love. As far as making money not being a goal, I think that perhaps your goals have changed, because back in August (6) 2023 it did seem to be a goal (but not the only goal):

"This is one of the ways I could justify buying an ERay. It will be a stretch for me financially, but if I can make a few dollars while entertaining people with my ERay, maybe that will help me offset the cost a bit. I know the chances of me making much money (or any at all) on YouTube is slim, but this could be the first "job" I've ever had in my life that I like, so I'd never forgive myself if I didn't at least try!"

That said, I am all for it, and I know that others are too. JB at MECF specifically encouraged you to do so, I think before you even mentioned the idea. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of social media people with Corvette related sites, and probably all of them are hoping to make a little money from the endeavor. There is nothing wrong with their doing so, and nothing wrong with your doing so. I hope that yours is a great success! This reminds me a little of critics of musicians and bands for "selling out" in the sense of making music that people actually want to buy. I digress.

The following 3 users liked this post by neoattilahun:
/Bear/ (04-02-2024), 123sugey (03-29-2024), 3LZR21U (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 04:57 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 996 Likes on 468 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Thanks for the link, I could not find it either. Well there you go.... was even driven around to warm things up and it does not work. Not that I doubted it in the first place, but I still find that sucky considering they say this as all wheel drive made for the winter...but I guess not for stealth mode in the winter or even below 50, which IMO is not cold. After getting my Z and not waiting for the E-Ray, I'm glad I went with the Z so far. Love both of them looks wise.
/Bear/ (04-02-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 10:32 AM
/Bear/
Drifting

Originally Posted by 3LZR21U
Great. So hotlink it in this thread. YT may be great for hosting. I see no reason not to also hotlink so it is available for members on forums you post in.

if you'd done a video on the topic--and never posted on it--that'd be one thing. But making a video, telling people you made the video, and then failing to provide the gist of said video (or at least hotlinking it)--just makes it seem like you are wanting to drive traffic & force people to go about doing things the hard way.
I see your point, of course, and I'd like to post links... except that the one time I posted a couple links to my ERay website, they were removed by a mod, and I received an infraction. I know it seems like I've been acting weird about all this, but I'm just trying not to get banned!

I don't want it to be hard for people to find the ERay information I'm putting out. Some of it's quite important — like the Public Service Announcement — and I think all of it is useful, but if you click on my name "/Bear/" to the left of any of my posts, the third link down in the popup menu says, "Visit /Bear/'s homepage!" That will take you directly there. A few of the newest articles are linked on my homepage (bottom, right), and the search function works well too.

A link to my YouTube channel is in the footer of every webpage, and many of the videos are embedded in my articles. People could also get there through the video above that @Redc8z06 was kind enough to post.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: No stealth mode under 50 degrees