Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

EV Coevette announced?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 06:04 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by Majestic94
Your Model X Plaid does not qualify for the tax credit as it's over $80k. Try again. No need to try again - business use - no $80k cap. In fact I get bonus depreciation. Your batteries (or components of them) come from China. Not so sure. The X batteries are made by Tesla with partnerships with Panasonic - Japan and LG - Korea. It's likely even your solar panels are from China . No, have LG and Hanwa panels - Korea
If your power company actually wanted your solar power to "balance the system" they wouldn't need a state mandate to buy it. You're just hearing what you want to from the guy who sold you the panels.
Well I installed my panels myself so I wasn't listening to any sales pitch. However, it would not surprise me for you to be correct. When is any corporate monopoly going to do something that may reduce their profit?

Wars existed long before oil was discovered so good luck in that pursuit. True, But the ONLY reason Russia could afford to invade Ukraine is because of their profit from oil. And all the recent wars in the Middle East are financed by sale of oil.

I don't actually care what your carbon footprint is, but if you're going to pretend you're actually worried about sustainability, then you should be taking the bus and living in an apartment. Oh yes. The if you are not living in a cave your should not talk argument. Otherwise if you just want GM to produce a neutered sports car just because you want to feel better, then don't expect me to agree. If you really thought full EVs were the performance future you would have two Teslas....
​​​​​​​
Once GM produces their BEV Corvette, no one is going to refer to it as a neutered sports car.
Old 12-26-2023, 11:06 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,896 Likes on 4,284 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by msm859
Once GM produces their BEV Corvette, no one is going to refer to it as a neutered sports car.
GM doesn't seem to be doing to well in their EV push lately. Reducing/pausing the production of the Silverado, 1/2 of all Buick dealers opting out of their franchise agreements because they don't want to incur the costs to sell EVs and now they've stopped the sale of the Blazer EV due to software issues & asked current customers to bring their vehicles to dealers for updates.

If/when they introduce an EV Corvette that thing will likely have more issues and glitches than Corvette owners will put up with.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:00 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 255 Posts

That is the concern buying any other EVs that is not Tesla. Software, charging infrastructure, etc..
Tesla can get most all updates done at 2AM at your residence when you are not using your vehicle. No need to visit the dealerships.

Quick Reply: EV Coevette announced?