C8 ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

ERAY deposits mega merge Deposit down on an eRay!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 09:15 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 150 Posts

Default ERAY deposits mega merge Deposit down on an eRay!

Well, I visited my dealership related to my C8 Stingray’s transmission issues.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1604541234

While waiting for my wife to pick me, I decided to see if they had a list for the elusive eRay.. “Yes”, she said. Are you at MRSP? To which she again stated “yes”. So, I laid down my GM credit card for a totally refundable deposit. Number seven on the list! Hurray!
The following 4 users liked this post by mazurekd:
CDNZR (01-05-2022), Hemi Dave (01-05-2022), JerriVette (01-17-2022), larryfdx (01-05-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 11:32 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 245 Posts

What dealer?
Old 01-05-2022, 01:48 AM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,022 Likes on 567 Posts

Default Eray deposit

Can anyone tell me what dealer is taking deposits or places in line for the E-RAY.
thanks in advacce
Hopefully at msrp, I realize it’s very early in the game.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:39 AM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ammo
What dealer?

Holz in Hales Corners (Milwaukee).
Old 01-05-2022, 10:28 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,919 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by mazurekd

While waiting for my wife to pick me, I decided to see if they had a list for the elusive eRay.. “Yes”, she said. Are you at MRSP? To which she again stated “yes”. So, I laid down my GM credit card for a totally refundable deposit. Number seven on the list! Hurray!
Regarding MSRP and dealer fees, get it in writing (even if its just an email), otherwise their verbal word is worthless (see countless threads here).
The following users liked this post:
ChevyChad (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 10:41 AM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Regarding MSRP and dealer fees, get it in writing (even if its just an email), otherwise their verbal word is worthless (see countless threads here).
Even in writing is no assurance. My original order for a 2021, then a 2022 was in writing, Wisconsin sales contract, MSRP all filed in, signed by both parties, everything was done as should have been. After 18 months, dealer sent back deposit. I’m sure he had a very small allocation, and wanted those for customers who were willing to ante up with a large ADM. What was I to do? Hire lawyers? Where would that go? Instead went to,MacMulkin.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:51 AM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 253 Likes on 164 Posts

Macmulkin is not taking deposit but it has a list, however the position on the list is meaningless at this point.
I am in West Palm Beach Fl and Autonation has a deposit of $500 and at MSRP. I am number 9.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:26 AM
C7Me
Burning Brakes

Received 512 Likes on 273 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

I have a $1000 deposit on one at MSRP at Bill Stasek Chevy in Wheeling, IL. I am #9 on the list.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:31 AM
onebadcad
Race Director

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts

Dead on!!
Know a dood who purchased his C7 Z51, was on list in 2014, at AutoNation PPines at MSRP, all went as promised.
Went on list for C8 at same stealership, was told MSRP, when he went in to complete order was told $5K or $10K ADM, raised hell, was given later allocation at MSRP, he now has car but will not deal with them again; he purchased many cars other than Corvette from them in past 20 years.
Based on numerous posts here, there are very few 100% assurances on pricing at MSRP.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:29 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Even in writing is no assurance. My original order for a 2021, then a 2022 was in writing, Wisconsin sales contract, MSRP all filed in, signed by both parties, everything was done as should have been. After 18 months, dealer sent back deposit. I’m sure he had a very small allocation, and wanted those for customers who were willing to ante up with a large ADM. What was I to do? Hire lawyers? Where would that go? Instead went to,MacMulkin.
Let me tell you a personal anecdote. While not bulletproof, it gives you a lot more leverage. After initially agreeing to MSRP and no dealer fees, I got a call from the dealership after the Z06 reveal telling me they will charge an ADM. I was polite/professional but very stern, and let them know that I have an email from them committing to MSRP, and that if they walk back on their commitment, I'll use ever tool at my disposal- Google/Yelp reviews, media, and my attorney. Got a call back a day later from the sales guy, who spoke to the General Manager, and specifically said that because they wrote that commitment in email, they want to practice as a dealership with integrity and will honor that commitment. All the other guys on the list who were promised MSRP probably just took it on the chin.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:58 PM
BeastBoy
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 54 Posts

I totally hope everything works out for you on your deal. Another concern in these scenarios is that the dealership would drop you to the bottom of the list @ MSRP, while technically still having you in line for an allocation. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:41 PM
snork
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Wait, what, theres an ERay Sure, why not offer msrp on this imaginary automobile,
The following users liked this post:
dvilin (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 01:58 PM
SharkDiverZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 3,756 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Let me tell you a personal anecdote. While not bulletproof, it gives you a lot more leverage. After initially agreeing to MSRP and no dealer fees, I got a call from the dealership after the Z06 reveal telling me they will charge an ADM. I was polite/professional but very stern, and let them know that I have an email from them committing to MSRP, and that if they walk back on their commitment, I'll use ever tool at my disposal- Google/Yelp reviews, media, and my attorney. Got a call back a day later from the sales guy, who spoke to the General Manager, and specifically said that because they wrote that commitment in email, they want to practice as a dealership with integrity and will honor that commitment. All the other guys on the list who were promised MSRP probably just took it on the chin.
You did the right thing, and I hope you get your car at MSRP, but we all know that the dealership that was going to screw you yesterday can't really be trusted today. Lot's of gray area where they can overcharge you for PPF, coatings and tint and still call it MSRP.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

If you put actual money down I would insist on some documentation of what that means, including the price. It only makes sense when we are talking about something that will most likely cost you more than $100K.

Salesmen leave. Even management and ownership changes. Markets change. A handshake just isn't enough today and if the dealership is sincere, they should have no issues in providing it.

Good luck in your purchase! Really hope it comes through for you.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:15 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BeastBoy
I totally hope everything works out for you on your deal. Another concern in these scenarios is that the dealership would drop you to the bottom of the list @ MSRP, while technically still having you in line for an allocation. Let us know how it goes.
Exactly. That why I did not pursue any actions when they returned my deposit. More than likely I would still be waiting while they “honor” the deal. Might as well bang my head on the wall waiting for my car from this dealer.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:32 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by SharkDiverZ06
You did the right thing, and I hope you get your car at MSRP, but we all know that the dealership that was going to screw you yesterday can't really be trusted today. Lot's of gray area where they can overcharge you for PPF, coatings and tint and still call it MSRP.
I made sure to get all their dealer fees in writing upfront too.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:33 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by BeastBoy
Pretty sure you can track this via GM's public order/sales systems.

Get notified of new replies

To ERAY deposits mega merge Deposit down on an eRay!

Old 01-05-2022, 03:56 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

LOL! I sincerely do admire your the-glass- is- half-full outlook even while having a tranny issue
imo judging by the current GM/dealership C8 "system", when they start production
you'll probably be #1100 and that they thought you knew they were just kidding about MSRP. Never lose positive attitude-refreshing.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:09 PM
DTOM
Drifting

Received 744 Likes on 408 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Holz is a small dealer with a decent rep.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:10 PM
DTOM
Drifting

Received 744 Likes on 408 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Looks like Stingray has a list

Quick Reply: ERAY deposits mega merge Deposit down on an eRay!