C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Magnuson's 2650 tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 05:53 PM
robbieroflcopter
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Magnuson's 2650 tune

Greetings,

I was about to pull the trigger on the 2650 because I can do the install at the house and it includes the tune so I wouldn't need access to a dyno/tuner (which I don't have here locally). I spoke with Magnuson and they informed me that their canned tune is locked and can't be modified. This makes it a no-go for me because I need to modify a couple of things to make it work for my car... Anyhow, does anyone have that tune in an unlocked version? Not sure how a person might have such a thing but figured it was worth the ask.

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:57 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,514 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Default Z06

Originally Posted by robbieroflcopter
Greetings,

I was about to pull the trigger on the 2650 because I can do the install at the house and it includes the tune so I wouldn't need access to a dyno/tuner (which I don't have here locally). I spoke with Magnuson and they informed me that their canned tune is locked and can't be modified. This makes it a no-go for me because I need to modify a couple of things to make it work for my car... Anyhow, does anyone have that tune in an unlocked version? Not sure how a person might have such a thing but figured it was worth the ask.

Thanks.
I know that there are some tuners out there that can/will tune remotely. It might work the best for your situation.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:33 PM
allgonoshow2
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 70 Posts

How were you planning to install a modified tune??
Do the changes you need require a dyno or street drive to monitor or just a setting change.
Do you have a tuning program.
Try HPTuners forums.
Ask Magnuson to modify your canned tune.
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
ringram
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red flag. Locked means it cant even be read. Aka, no quality control allowed, no verification of sane settings allowed. = FAIL.
Get an unlocked third party one IMO. Sure use the locked one to get you going, but you will want to replace it asap IMO.
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
robbieroflcopter
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just a couple of settings that I would need to modify related to exhaust and check engine lights. I'm sure they won't do it for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Magnuson's 2650 tune

Quick Reply: Magnuson's 2650 tune