C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Car running bad after CAI install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 06:07 AM
Johnabbott
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car running bad after CAI install?

I recently put a AFE intake on my corvette c7 z06 and had a reduced power pop up while driving and whenever I would step on it my car would feel sluggish and overall slow. Do I need a tune for the air ratio or what can be wrong with the vehicle?

these are the codes it gave me plus a reduced power making my car feel sluggish. MAF sensor seemed to be good but did not clean it.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:30 AM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,287 Likes on 847 Posts

You've left something unplugged or not tightened properly. It looks like either you have air entering the system post MAF or the MAF itself was damaged.
The following users liked this post:
NortonCO (04-09-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 09:38 AM
cdq85
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 72 Posts

Uninstall it all and start over reading the instructions carefully. Likely user error.
Old 04-14-2024, 12:45 AM
jglassmaker
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

These cars throw codes anytime you unplug something, but @Internets_Ninja is probably correct about something being unplugged still. I have an AFE and you need the MAF plugged in near the filter end and an oil vapor line plugged in by the intake end, but also make sure your fully on the throttle body. I have a hard time with making sure mine is fully on all the way around the throttle body.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:50 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,506 Likes on 1,027 Posts

I had this issue the last time I cleaned my K&N filter in my Z06. I didn't get the MAF sensor plugged in far enough. It would barely run at all. I unplugged it and re-entered it into position and all was fine. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Car running bad after CAI install?

Quick Reply: Car running bad after CAI install?