C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Heads Up Display Fading

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 03:19 PM
Hydra01
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C7 Heads Up Display Fading

The Heads Up Display on my 2019 Z06 seems to be fading, however it isn't a total system failure. I can adjust the brightness just like when the car was brand new but occasionally it will fade out to almost nothing. I have an extended GM warranty but I hate to let them take the dash apart or remove the windshield. Has anyone experienced this or a similar issue? What was the fix?
Thanks, Glen
Old 11-10-2023, 06:52 PM
Devereaux
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

ONLY when wearing polarizine sun glasses. The polarization seems to mske the HUD hard to see. Take them off, and you're back to normal.
The following users liked this post:
RonC7 (11-10-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 05:23 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Devereaux
ONLY when wearing polarizine sun glasses. The polarization seems to mske the HUD hard to see. Take them off, and you're back to normal.

True dat.......

Ask me how I know........
Devereaux (11-12-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 03:26 AM
Carnac
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 70 Posts

Polarized sun glasses also affect HUDs to different amounts as you tilt you head left and right - hence the fading that some have seen.

If you HUD is actually intermittently fading, I think the only way to get it fixed it to take to the dealer.

Jim
Old 11-13-2023, 09:55 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydra01
The Heads Up Display on my 2019 Z06 seems to be fading, however it isn't a total system failure. I can adjust the brightness just like when the car was brand new but occasionally it will fade out to almost nothing. I have an extended GM warranty but I hate to let them take the dash apart or remove the windshield. Has anyone experienced this or a similar issue? What was the fix?
Thanks, Glen
This is certainly not what we like to hear, Hydra01. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2019 Corvette Z06's HUD fading out. To do so, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: Hydra01/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com
flyboyslc1 (11-14-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 07:50 PM
Hydra01
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kudos to Devereaux!!! I recently had Cataract Surgery and was told by my Ophthalmologist to be sure and wear Polarized and UV protective sunglasses!! I hadn't driven the Corvette at night since my surgery (because the glare from LED lights is terrible) so I didn't have any experience driving without sunglasses. Took the Fancy sunglasses off and magically my Heads-Up display returned! I suppose I'd have probably figured it out sooner or later but that's really good information to have!
Thanks a Million!
Devereaux (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 08:45 PM
Devereaux
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I remember when I first had your experience. I, too, thought something was wrong with my HUD. Then I noted I could change the intensity. Next time I drove I had a different pair of sunglasses and the HUD was normal. Then I remembered the ones I wore were polarized. I then tried one and the other. HUD faded with the polarized one and not the other. QED.

Enjoy your car!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Heads Up Display Fading

Quick Reply: C7 Heads Up Display Fading