C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Not impressed with BC forged wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 11:25 AM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

Taiwan and China are nowhere near the same. That pc you're typing on uses chips made in Taiwan and are trusted to be your computers, your microcontrollers making your engine and electronics work etc.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:42 AM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by SladeX
Taiwan and China are nowhere near the same. That pc you're typing on uses chips made in Taiwan and are trusted to be your computers, your microcontrollers making your engine and electronics work etc.
It's significantly cut the cost down, same ****

that same country your living in doesnt even recognize Taiwan as a country

If the chips that I'm typing on was in the USA, it would probably work better but significantly drive up the price

Taiwan is and alway will be part of China

Let me guess you own a signature/bc forged wheels and trying to justify China/Taiwan steel is > than US Steel ?
Old 11-19-2022, 11:48 AM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Meh believe whatever you want. This is a Z06 forum and I'm here for the cars.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:55 AM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Originally Posted by SladeX
Meh believe whatever you want, your money. Enjoy trolling. Not bothering anymore with people looking to do political ****.
Believe what I want?

It's not a belief man, I'm simply stating facts. You said not the same? When even the country you live in doesn't recognize Taiwan as a country and is part of China. Politics aside that is a simple facts

Trolling nope not at all, signature bc forge is a Chinese wheel plain and simple

Last edited by Revolver ZSTi; 11-19-2022 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:23 PM
d16dcoe45
Pro

Received 326 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Bschwingy
The fact that they bent instead of cracked says it all
Actually, it doesn't say anything. OP said 3 out of 4 wheels on his car with OEM wheels were bent. Those are cast wheels.

Just because "forged" is in the name, does not AUTOMATICALLY make it better than any and every cast wheel.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:23 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 939 Likes on 603 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Revolver ZSTi.....................You are nothing more than RACIST and IGNORANT with your Taiwan/China Quality Comments

And Yes I have Wheels from Taiwan and Housefull of Everything mfg in Taiwan or China
How do you feel about Samsung, LG, Hyandia, KIA Products made in South Korea
TCL TV's made in China get very high ratings on ALL the Review Sites
Old 11-19-2022, 08:02 PM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Racist? Wtf? Im Asian, what the fk is racist about what I said? I simply stated country of orgin where yout wheels are made?

yea everyone knows that Chinese product are inferior quality. Things are produce in China because of not for quality but to simply cut cost significantly. That is why your multipiece wheels is so much cheaper than the US made wheels

what does South Korean product have to do with this topic? Look at your being the ones that racist, bringing up other country that's completely irrelevant to this topic

Even my friends who are Chinese believe chinese products are cheaper in quality
Originally Posted by CamarosRus
Revolver ZSTi.....................You are nothing more than RACIST and IGNORANT with your Taiwan/China Quality Comments

And Yes I have Wheels from Taiwan and Housefull of Everything mfg in Taiwan or China
How do you feel about Samsung, LG, Hyandia, KIA Products made in South Korea
TCL TV's made in China get very high ratings on ALL the Review Sites
The following users liked this post:
KnightmareLS1 (12-28-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 12:07 PM
danapier
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I Just Joined the Cracked Wheel Club

Unfortunately it does not seem to be very exclusive. So many members! Obviously a forged wheel is better, but are we just looking at the result of so much HP going to a part? The Photo clearly shows the cracked wheel. No trauma, pothole or anything bigger than a Botts Dot traffic marker ever hit the wheel. Mileage of the 2019 Z06 is only 20K. Not my only car, so not a daily driver. How come there is only 18 people in the class action? Or where do I sign up?

Z06 C7 Rear Right wheel. Not pothole or curb damage.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:37 PM
Torque Obsessed
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MJC611
I agree, the run flat tires are probably the biggest contributor to bent wheels
I've been thinking the same thing. Never had a cracked wheel before my C7Z, and never heard of it being a problem on other cars. Everyone blamed the wheels but now we see the same damage showing up on forged wheels too.

This thread saved me a lot of money. Instead of buying forged wheels I'll just run different tires.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:24 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

That's incorrect; they are manufactured in Taiwan and shipped to the US. I recently had a horrible experience with the product. Ordered instead of monoblock forged for my Bentley. I didn't get 10 minutes from the shop, and bent a front wheel. These things are soft, which is probably why they're so cheap to begin with. I have many other cars outfitted with Vorsteiner's, Vossen and ADV1. I never had a bent wheel like this on any of those other ones. I hit a pothole, which I've done before with my other cars, that very same pothole, with absolutely no issue whatsoever. Odd that it was enough to completely bend the rim, yet nothing happened to the tire. And this ain't my first rodeo with bent wheels.

BC forged decided they were going to charge me more for a replacement for a single wheel then what it would have cost to buy that wheel if it was part of a set of four, despite the fact that it happened the day that they got mounted. No goodwill on their part, nothing at all.

I was able to get the wheel repaired without damaging the finish, fortunately, but it'll be the last set of BC forged wheels I ever buy or recommend to anyone at any price. The wheels are an anodized finish and very difficult to recreate that finish through a wheel repair, but I was lucky.

Originally Posted by TJay74
BC Forged doesnt offer a rotary forged wheel, they are either Monoblock or Modular forged. They make their wheels in house from start to finish. One plant takes the raw materials to make the wheel, then they are sent across the street to the other plant to be finished and then shipped out to the customer.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:34 AM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Your average bentley weighs significantly more than a vette and will fare even worse with potholes despite forged wheels if you try to run low profile tires/runflats combined with that weight. Using a bentley as an example of bc forged wheels bend against is not exactly a great example to work with.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:33 PM
Slider-01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is an old thread but thought I would post anyway.
I bought BC Forged wheels two years ago and I now have 3 bent wheels. Haven't tracked the car, haven't hit anything that I can even think of other than the normal interstate driving between Missouri and Daytona.
Ya know, when I had my 2013 Grand Sport we ran all over the country including terrible roads in Michigan, all through the western states, and on a terrible road going into downtown Boston, 40k miles and never a bent wheel.
So, I keep wondering if the answer is going to 18 and 19 set up on the C7.
Kinda crazy. Would be interested in if anyone put 18 and 19s on their car. I know, I know, "use the search."

Quick Reply: Not impressed with BC forged wheels