C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Brakes for on the Track

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 01:01 PM
BME_DDS
2nd Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes for on the Track

Hello, does anyone have any recommendation for brakes for if I wanted to track my Z06? I'm a little at a loss for knowing the differences between the different brands and the dealer hasn't been helpful on this topic either. I plan on switching the brakes out just for when I'm on the track and going back to the regular dustless ceramic pads I have for when I'm not on the track. Powersport? Brembo? I'd appreciate any help on what you've found. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2021, 01:20 PM
PSU_Vette
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

I run CarboTech XP10s (front) and XP8s (rear) for track day use on my C7 and also used them on my C6. I run on MPSS tires and I'm a mediocre track driver, so they're more than good enough for my use. They're a little bit too noisy and dusty for my daily use, but that's just my preference.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:23 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Default Z06

Originally Posted by BME_DDS
Hello, does anyone have any recommendation for brakes for if I wanted to track my Z06? I'm a little at a loss for knowing the differences between the different brands and the dealer hasn't been helpful on this topic either. I plan on switching the brakes out just for when I'm on the track and going back to the regular dustless ceramic pads I have for when I'm not on the track. Powersport? Brembo? I'd appreciate any help on what you've found. Thanks!

Don't forget to change the brake fluid to a hi temp brand. I expect Adam@amp'dautosport.com to respond to your thread as he offers some great choices. There is quite a lot of info on this subject if your use the search option.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:41 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

Recommend the ferodo brake pads ds 1.11 or ds uno or even the ds 3.12.

They make the stock pads and make swapping to more agressive much easier than a whole reburnishing process for changing to different pads. The 3.12 are rated to handle 12 to 14 hours of track time.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:06 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I would recommend using the Carbotech XP10 front pads with the XP8 rear pads This is proven track set up that works very well with street tires and can be safley driven on the street to and from the track some people leave them on but you will have some noise on the street.

Carbotech brake pads are 100% made in the USA and contain NRS Technology Here is a link to explain further what NRS technology is exactly: http://www.nrsbrakes.com

Carbotech brake pads can be ordered by calling me at 216-780-8825 Or order direct Here Ampd Autosport | One of the Largest Internet Retailer of Carbotech Per – Amp'd Autosport Use promo code z28 at check out for your forum discount.

Part numbers:

Front: CT1405 XP10 $349 Less 5%.

Rear: CT1718 XP8 $196.00 Less 5%

CARBOTECH™ XP10™

When Carbotech™ unleashed the XP10™ to the general public it immediately gathered multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. The XP10™ has a very strong initial bite with a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1475°F (801°C). XP10™ still maintains the highly praised release, excellent modulation and rotor friendliness that have made all Carbotech™ compounds so successful. Carbotech™ XP10™ is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

CARBOTECH™ XP8™

A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range of 200°F-1250°F+ (93°C to 676°C+). Carbotech™ XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Good initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance and very rotor friendly. Perfect for track day use with any tire and can still be driven safely to and from the track. Carbotech™ does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. Carbotech™ XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.Adam Adelstein
Amp’D Autosport.com
Internet's largest retailer of Carbotech Performance Brake Pads.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Get notified of new replies

To Brakes for on the Track

Quick Reply: Brakes for on the Track