C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Stupid oil question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 01:45 PM
Klaus-96
2019 Z06 2LZ A8 Coupe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Speedway Shipping

Question for those who have ordered from Speedway. How was the order packed? Did the oil come in 6 bottle cases? Separate boxes? How was the oil filter packaged?

Reason I ask is that I made the mistake of ordering from a well known racing vendor, and the package was damaged in shipment. The package never actually made it to me (UPS said customer refused and sent back to vendor), but the tracking appeared to show 1 50lb box for 4 cases of oil (24 quarts) and 2 oil filters. Thinking of how they potentially put all that in 1 box makes it easy to see how it could have been damaged in transit.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:42 PM
Vette E Boop
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 76 Posts

Hey, fellow OkieDude!
Oil is oil, as long as you are using correct viscosity, etc. Personally, I believe brand doesn’t really matter. I am using Royal Purple 5W30, Dexos 2nd generation, in my Z, Mobil 1 in Old Viper Pilot’s ‘17 Tundra, and Castrol in his airport car, our late son’s ‘09 MINI Cooper Clubman S. Do what you want. It’s your Hot Body!

V.E.B.

Last edited by Vette E Boop; 04-30-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:40 PM
okiedude
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette E Boop
Hey, fellow OkieDude!
Oil is oil, as long as you are using correct viscosity, etc. Personally, I believe brand doesn’t really matter. I am using Royal Purple 5W30, Dexos 2nd generation, in my Z, Mobil 1 in Old Viper Pilot’s ‘17 Tundra, and Castrol in his airport car, our late son’s ‘09 MINI Cooper Clubman S. Do what you want. It’s your Hot Body!

V.E.B.
I use many different types of oil in my many different cars. But when I'm only 1500 miles into ownership of this new hot rod, I kinda want avoid any warranty problems.
Hopefully it will be my cool body. Just installed my cool shirt setup from the race car in the C7. I used to put it the the C6 when I tracked that. This fit almost the same way.

The following users liked this post:
Vette E Boop (04-30-2020)

Quick Reply: Stupid oil question