C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Hertz Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 06:01 PM
JJoeG
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes1966
Even if the were driven hard what could they possibly damage beyond the tires / brakes / clutch all fixable items.I don't know if there were any sticks?
All were A8's.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:10 PM
JJoeG
Instructor

Originally Posted by thebishman
Joe,

With an MSRP of $106K, was your car a Z07, (FE7) option? Or just a very expensive loaded Z06, (FE6) optioned car?

TIA
Non-Z07. A very well optioned FE6 car. I'm not sure what options it didn't have. I was looking for a non Z07 car.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (04-18-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 06:16 PM
JJoeG
Instructor

Originally Posted by quick Ag
My Hertz Z06 is 29 of 100 and the engine was built by Debi Lewis.
My Hertz Z06 is 22/100. Engine was built by Angie Carothers.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:42 PM
cal45
Drifting

Received 485 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by JJoeG
I bought a Hertz Z in February. #22/100. Fully optioned 3LZ. I checked it out closely. No rock chips or body marks anywhere. 9500 miles. Sure, I know they were very hard miles. But that’s what these cars are made for. Drive them hard. It still has 1 1/2 years on the bumper-to-bumper warranty. Had brand new tires and even still smelled new. It had none of the aero stuff installed but they had it all in the warehouse. They shipped it all to me still in the factory boxes, along with a lot of extra parts. I think they just sent me everything they had that was corvette related🤣🤣

In our case we were looking for a yellow Z06 so this fit us perfectly. I had found a few yellow ones online. For around 60k I found 2017-2018’s. We found a few of the Hertz ax’s on mine. 4 were within 100 miles of us so we went to check them out. I wasn’t a fan of the twin stripes but they’ve grown on me. We ended up paying 62k. That’s less than I paid for my 2014 Z51 3LT in 2013. They offered what I wanted for my 14 in trade as well. I ended up selling it to a friend instead. I drove that one hard too.

I got a copy of the window sticker from NCM and verified everything was there. The Stage 2 carbon flash splitter/spoiler/skirt package alone was a 3k option. The sticker price was 106k.

I figure this Z will do me just fine. If something breaks that’s what the warranty is for.
I know many people that routinely buy their “normal” cars from Hertz. This one is just a bit more special.
So I guess my advice would be check it out. If you like it buy it. I have no regrets. None. Hertz was great to deal with.

Another unexpected thing was OnStar and XM treated it like a new purchase so I got the 6 month free package when I registered with them. So I thought, hey, maybe Spring Mountain will treat it that way too! But unfortunately no. It was passed the one year date. Then the quarantine happened.

Joe
Even though I had posted that I wouldn't consider one, your post does have great merits. As I am looking to get into a '19 Z06 (ZR1 is just not in my budget) eventually when things open up. I wouldn't totally exclude one if I came across a low mileage one (under 10k, like yours) for a price in the 50's - right now they are priced in the same range as other privately owned '19 Z06's (60's - 70's) are today and yellow isn't a top color choice for me.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:05 PM
tascar7
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Can anyone tell if this is a Hertz edition?
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/certif...979626e52d.htm

with the mileage and accident report, it seems to be priced a little high to me.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:10 PM
JJoeG
Instructor

Originally Posted by tascar7
Can anyone tell if this is a Hertz edition?
https://www.hertzcarsales.com/certif...979626e52d.htm

with the mileage and accident report, it seems to be priced a little high to me.
Yes it is a Hertz Edition. I didn't see an accident report on the ad. Where did you find that? There are several available, some with much fewer miles. Florida has a couple. I bought mine in Stockton, CA. Be sure the dealer installed accessories are available, regardless of where you find one. Those are the splitter, side skirts, etc. Hertz did not install them on the cars, but most places kept them.
I bought mine in Stockton, but they sent the parts from Southern California.

Joe

Last edited by JJoeG; 04-18-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 04-18-2020, 05:23 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
This would be like dating a hooker, and wondering if she’s been around the block. It’s one thing to get someone else’s sloppy seconds, but not half the football team. Seriously, plenty of used Z06’s out there And I guarantee these have been beat on with a bare minimum of Maintanence.
let’s take that analogy further for any used car, even one bought on a classified forum here.

If you’re dating some girl because you thought she was marriage material and was less ”used” than the hooker, too bad when you found out later that though there were no outward signs, she’s been with several professional sports teams... You rationalized she was a good girl because somebody you met on an Internet forum marketing similar tastes as yours recommended her to you? At least the so called hooker is upfront with you about her history and hey you obviously liked her and the price was right...

While records, accident history, and inspections help, I argue that no one buying a used car, even here, has a completely rock solid understanding of the history of a car. Obviously, if the car has red flags, eg, beat up with road rash and bent wheels and you know for sure it didn’t get any oil changes and it’s been lemon lawed, then by all means conclude it’s bad.

Otherwise all we have is the mileage, the publicly available history, and our inspection. Someone said they wouldn’t buy one of these at a “retarded price” (what better than the comparable other vehicles available)... that in my view, is retarded if one likes the car (which I don’t because of double stripes and being an A8 auto). There’re things to mitigate the theoretical maintenance risk like warranties.

Last edited by Parcival; 04-18-2020 at 05:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JJoeG (04-18-2020)
Old 04-19-2020, 11:46 AM
tascar7
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JJoeG
Yes it is a Hertz Edition. I didn't see an accident report on the ad. Where did you find that? There are several available, some with much fewer miles. Florida has a couple. I bought mine in Stockton, CA. Be sure the dealer installed accessories are available, regardless of where you find one. Those are the splitter, side skirts, etc. Hertz did not install them on the cars, but most places kept them.
I bought mine in Stockton, but they sent the parts from Southern California.

Joe
The accident is listed on the vehicle report- front end collision with another vehicle with no airbag deployment so very minor.
Are all Hertz editions 3lz and Z07 equipped?
Old 04-19-2020, 11:54 AM
AlanC.
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

The accident is listed on the vehicle report- front end collision with another vehicle with no airbag deployment so very minor.
All are 3LZ, automatic but not Z07.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:58 PM
JJoeG
Instructor

All are A8 3LZ. None are Z07.

Joe
Old 04-19-2020, 09:52 PM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

My buddy told me that a "friend " of his rented one at San Francisco Airport and when he was returning it it was a hair low on gas so he pulled over and poured his big gulp into the gas tank. Anyone considering one should get their heads examined
Old 04-20-2020, 02:12 PM
quick Ag
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kutlow
My buddy told me that a "friend " of his rented one at San Francisco Airport and when he was returning it it was a hair low on gas so he pulled over and poured his big gulp into the gas tank. Anyone considering one should get their heads examined
God only knows if that story is true but if it is, the guy who poured the big gulp into the Z06'S gas tank should get his head examined.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:27 PM
AlanC.
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Doesn’t seem like that would be enough to move the gas gauge at all.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:37 PM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,108 Posts

That story can’t be true. I mean if it is my opinion of some people has hit a new low What kind of person would do that just for kicks?
Old 04-21-2020, 08:44 PM
kutlow
Drifting

Originally Posted by Savoy2001
That story can’t be true. I mean if it is my opinion of some people has hit a new low What kind of person would do that just for kicks?
oh trust me it is true. The gas gauge was a tweener meaning he was worried he might have to pay the 6 dollar gallon price so in went the big gulp.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:54 AM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

oh trust me it is true. The gas gauge was a tweener meaning he was worried he might have to pay the 6 dollar gallon price so in went the big gulp.
He’s a pos. Pure and simple.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:18 AM
quick Ag
Advanced

I doubt this story is true story as well but lets say that it is. Depending on the quantity of soda poured into the gas tank, I seriously doubt that car would have made it to market. Hopefully Hertz would have been able to pickup on what happened and achieved the proper legal action against this individual. You obviously have your opinion about buying a rental sports car and you're entitled to that, all I know is that my Z06 is in excellent condition and after 2k miles of spirited driving if something was amiss I would have found out by now. The point is always do your homework and a thorough assessment of any vehicle before you buy it and you never know you find a hell of a deal like I did.

Get notified of new replies

To Hertz Z06

Old 04-22-2020, 08:28 AM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by quick Ag
I doubt this story is true story as well but lets say that it is. Depending on the quantity of soda poured into the gas tank, I seriously doubt that car would have made it to market. Hopefully Hertz would have been able to pickup on what happened and achieved the proper legal action against this individual. You obviously have your opinion about buying a rental sports car and you're entitled to that, all I know is that my Z06 is in excellent condition and after 2k miles of spirited driving if something was amiss I would have found out by now. The point is always do your homework and a thorough assessment of any vehicle before you buy it and you never know you find a hell of a deal like I did.

Thus is all true abs I wish you the best with that car. That said rentals are cheaper to buy for a reason. They have all been listed in this thread. They are less desirable in general as such they are cheaper than their non rental counter parts usually and they should be. Also to be honest if there’sa decent amount of gas in the tank and some schmuck decided to do that to anyone’s z06 you or I would probably never know. So there’s always the unknown element when buying any car used rental or not. The rental aspect of it just adds more to the potential list and that’s why they are cheaper.

In ny when we sell a used car that was a fleet rental vehicle from enterprise or who ever it has to be clearly stated on the bill of sale. “ car was previously used as a rental vehicle”. There’s a reason for that.

Last edited by Savoy2001; 04-22-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:11 AM
quick Ag
Advanced

Originally Posted by Savoy2001
Thus is all true abs I wish you the best with that car. That said rentals are cheaper to buy for a reason. They have all been listed in this thread. They are less desirable in general as such they are cheaper than their non rental counter parts usually and they should be. Also to be honest if there’sa decent amount of gas in the tank and some schmuck decided to do that to anyone’s z06 you or I would probably never know. So there’s always the unknown element when buying any car used rental or not. The rental aspect of it just adds more to the potential list and that’s why they are cheaper.

In ny when we sell a used car that was a fleet rental vehicle from enterprise or who ever it has to be clearly stated on the bill of sale. “ car was previously used as a rental vehicle”. There’s a reason for that.
Your point is well taken and at the end of the day, "Caveat Emptor". I appreciate your well wishes and the true redeeming value of my Z06 is the enjoyment I get out of the performance of this depreciating asset, because in reality that's all any car like this is new or used.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:29 PM
kutlow
Drifting

I rent cars on a monthly basis and I can tell you I floor it getting on an interstate ramp and when it comes to slowing down I do that aggressively also. Not like if it were my car. Let's face it it is a rental and the price is factored in. Plus I like not having to wash it on return. They never get waxed. Every rental also has filthy floor mats and Carpet. Yes you can have them cleaned but know you are buying a car that was rode hard and put up wet.

Quick Reply: Hertz Z06