C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Does GM Corvette have an ethical or moral compass?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 10:20 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 404 Posts

Default Does GM Corvette have an ethical or moral compass?

Last month I purchased a used 2017 C7 Z06/Z07 3 LZ M7 with 9800 miles. Immediately before and immediately after the purchase, I followed GM Website advice and logged into the “My Chevrolet” website and the My Chevrolet App to verify how much warranty was remaining on the vehicle. (Please see the three screen captures below). On both logins, the website confirmed the expected amount of warranties remaining on each warranty, which was all based on the original owner purchase date and the known mileage.

At that time I simply couldn’t have been happier. The car was everything I expected and more. A few days later I drove it to the local Chevrolet dealer to have the $350 MRSC Update accomplished. As the Service Rep typed into his computer, he turned to me and asked, “Are you aware that your car has no warranty coverage at all?” After I recovered from feinting, he explained that GM had placed a full warranty “block” on the car.

I immediately called GM/Chevrolet Customer Service and the lady said that the car had been used as a training vehicle in a racing school. After I once again awakened from feinting, I asked about the completely contradictory warranty information on the Chevrolet website and app and why none of this warranty blocking info was properly disclosed when I inquired about remaining warranties as instructed by the GM main website.

She replied that “GM is under no legal, ethical, or moral obligation to disclose warranty blocking information on their websites and that it is their policy to never disclose such warranty block information. This has been going for three weeks now. GM keeps promising that my case has been properly referred to the GM California Warranty Office Team and that they will be in touch within 48 hours. Although I have called the main GM Customer Service number five additional times, I have still yet to hear from this “California” Team. But each time I call the main number, the story changes.

Now they claim that the car wasn’t used as a race school car, but was “tracked” by the 1st owner. My position is that I followed their website remaining warranty verification instructions and received assurance that the car was under a normal group of warranties as explained in the Owners Warranty Manual. Bottom line, I never would have purchased the car if this “warranty block” had been properly disclosed.

Now, GM claims that they can’t remove the warranty block because the block was mandated by the California DMV and the DMV will not allow GM to restore the warranty. I called the Calif DMV headquarters problem resolution center in Sacramento and they say GM is not being truthful and that DMV could care less whether or not GM decides to cancel the warranty block and restore the normal warranties.

Any thoughts or similar experience tales would be appreciated. Thanks...

The

Last edited by B747VET; 10-26-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Popular Reply

10-27-2019, 09:08 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

And now for some tough love. You bought a very expensive toy and did zero homework.

1) Bought from a foreign car dealer. 1st mistake. There's a reason why this vehicle was NOT at a GM certified dealer.

2) FCD (foreign car dealer) - No ability to confirm warranty? 1 phone call to any GM dealer for warranty check. Most do it at the auction. YOU should've done the same.

3) GM website has tons of disclaimers of what the website shares. I suggest you read it, you have zero recourse versus GM.

4) Blame yourself as well. You did zero homework on your car purchase and trusted a used car dealer to be honest. Seriously? How long have you been doing this?

5) At the very least bring ANY used car to the car make's dealer for an inspection.

6) You're falling for some BS from the FCD? C'mon man, really?

7) Before your lawyer up versus the selling dealer (not GM because you have absolutely zero recourse there), selling dealer should've disclosed the warranty block. Better double, in this case triple check your paperwork, you may have inadvertently signed a discloser that was described as "standard paperwork" that was actually a disclosure telling you you have no warranty.

It's too late to save you a headache, all that could've been done in advance had you done your homework. You allowed yourself to be taken advantage of....expensive lesson. Now you're trying to mitigate loss and severely diminished value as these cars regularly sell for $10K under book. Good luck.

P.S. Might want to change the title to:

1) BUYER DOES ZERO HOMEWORK ON USED CAR PURCHASE AND TRIES TO BLAME GM.

2) I'M TOTALLY IGNORANT ON HOW TO BUY A USED CAR - PLEASE HELP!!!!

P.P.S. Tell me again how you think you're going to sue GM? "or call 1-800 to confirm." You called, GM confirmed you have zero warranty. Again, had you done this in advance, aka - done your homework, you wouldn't be in this pickle. Also not sure what you paid, but 2017 driving school car should be well bought at $50K-ish. The 3/36 is gone in 5 months anyway and doubtful you'll need the drivetrain warranty. I've not heard many, in fact any motor failures on stock vehicles. So really your issue continues to be with the FCD who may have not disclosed this blocked warranty. Unless of course you signed something.

Old 10-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Did you purchase from a dealer or the owner direct? Not that it matters I suppose, because either one should have disclosed that information. The dealer having deeper pockets if you were to take the litigation path.

Last edited by Aerovette; 10-26-2019 at 10:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ZERRY 316 (10-28-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 10:33 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Did you by the car from a dealership that represented the car as having a warranty ?
Old 10-26-2019, 10:46 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

THANKS...

I purchased from a high end foreign car dealership and they have no ability to discover such warranty blocks. Only a GM dealership can access such databases. At this point, that dealership is being completely standup. I have zero problem with them. They are being completely supportive. I have offered to allow GM to have the local Chevrolet dealership completely inspect the car and then decide whether to restore the warranties committed to on their websites. GM has done this in the past through Chevrolet dealerships. It is GM who pledged that the warranties were good and it is GM who falsely blamed the warranty block on California DMV.

At this point, I feel that neither the selling dealership nor I should be required to suffer any financial penalties because of GMs unethical business practices.

Last edited by B747VET; 10-26-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:51 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by B747VET
THANKS...

I purchased from a high end foreign car dealership and they have no ability to discover such warranty blocks. Only a GM dealership can access such databases. At this point, that dealership is being completely standup. I have zero problem with them. They are being completely supportive. I have offered to allow GM to have the local Chevrolet dealership completely inspect the car and then decide whether to restore the warranties committed to on their websites. GM has done this in the past through Chevrolet dealerships. It is GM who pledged that the warranties were good and it is GM who falsely blamed the warranty block on California DMV.

I know from experience that the screenshots are of zero value. I've had enough experience to know that businesses simply sidestep website issues with a simple "Well, yeah, that was a mistake" or some other BS. I would not be so quick to let the seller off the hook, ESPECIALLY if the warranty was a specific selling point, but that's your call. They have the same ability to discover it as you do.

Last edited by Aerovette; 10-26-2019 at 10:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Aerovette:
NortonCO (10-27-2019), Road machine (10-29-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 11:25 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, I agree... no one is getting off the hook on this one but I would prefer that GM man up. Not holding my breath. The websites still show full warranties in effect after three weeks and my attorney has certified copies. May or may not help. Possibly Depends on what a jury thinks. After the C7 Z06 A8 known heating issues and known wheel bending and cracking isssues, I guess that nothing that Tadge and Mary do should be a surprise. But it does leave me wondering about what’s hidden and wrong on the C8.

.... and love the Doc Holliday AVATAR

Last edited by B747VET; 10-26-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Aerovette (10-26-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 02:06 AM
NortonCO
Drifting

Received 1,519 Likes on 745 Posts

She replied that “GM is under no legal, ethical, or moral obligation to disclose warranty blocking information on their websites and that it is their policy to never disclose such warranty block information. This has been going for three weeks now. GM keeps promising that my case has been properly referred to the GM California Warranty Office Team and that they will be in touch within 48 hours. Although I have called the main GM Customer Service number five additional times, I have still yet to hear from this “California” Team. But each time I call the main number, the story changes.

Now they claim that the car wasn’t used as a race school car, but was “tracked” by the 1st owner. My position is that I followed their website remaining warranty verification instructions and received assurance that the car was under a normal group of warranties as explained in the Owners Warranty Manual. Bottom line, I never would have purchased the car if this “warranty block” had been properly disclosed.

Now, GM claims that they can’t remove the warranty block because the block was mandated by the California DMV and the DMV will not allow GM to restore the warranty. I called the Calif DMV headquarters problem resolution center in Sacramento and they say GM is not being truthful and that DMV could care less whether or not GM decides to cancel the warranty block and restore the normal warranties.
All three stories seem like complete BS - may not be illegal, but definitely unethical! I have no advice to offer, but wish you the best of luck in your fight!

Last edited by NortonCO; 10-27-2019 at 11:32 AM.
B747VET (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 03:21 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by SilverGhost:
B747VET (10-27-2019), DTOM (10-27-2019), Monkey D. Luffy (10-28-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 03:51 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,972 Likes on 5,354 Posts

Last month I purchased a used 2017 C7 Z06/Z07 3 LZ M7 with 9800 miles. Immediately before and immediately after the purchase, I followed GM Website advice and logged into the “My Chevrolet” website and the My Chevrolet App to verify how much warranty was remaining on the vehicle. (Please see the three screen captures below). On both logins, the website confirmed the expected amount of warranties remaining on each warranty, which was all based on the original owner purchase date and the known mileage.

At that time I simply couldn’t have been happier. The car was everything I expected and more. A few days later I drove it to the local Chevrolet dealer to have the $350 MRSC Update accomplished. As the Service Rep typed into his computer, he turned to me and asked, “Are you aware that your car has no warranty coverage at all?” After I recovered from feinting, he explained that GM had placed a full warranty “block” on the car.

I immediately called GM/Chevrolet Customer Service and the lady said that the car had been used as a training vehicle in a racing school. After I once again awakened from feinting, I asked about the completely contradictory warranty information on the Chevrolet website and app and why none of this warranty blocking info was properly disclosed when I inquired about remaining warranties as instructed by the GM main website.

Any thoughts or similar experience tales would be appreciated. Thanks...
First, GM doesn't block warranties because the car has been tracked by the owner. There are plenty of us on the forum that openly track our cars and GM does warranty work on them including fixing power train issues that show up on the track.

Second, GM doesn't block a complete warranty. If your car was a driving school car then the power train portion of the warranty would be blocked not the complete B2B warranty.

Third, I suspect they are confusing Performance Driving Schools with Racing Schools. The car was probably owned by the Ron Fellows Driving School at Spring Mountain and used to teach high performance driving techniques on a track. In other words the first owner was the school. Look up the Ron Fellows Corvette Owner School information that is available for first owners of new Corvettes https://www.springmountainmotorsport...-owners-school. I think the terminology changed but they meant the same thing. The car was used in a driving school. I don't know of any racing schools that use stock Corvettes. SM cars are all sold with a block on the power train portion of the warranty. Here is a CF link to a discussion about the school cars several years ago: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590005425

As for the stuff about the California DMV being involved in any GM warranty issue is just pure BS by somebody who didn't want to talk to you and thought that would have you chasing a ghost through a large organization and not bothering them. I am not sure but I have a suspicion the GM Customer Service people that are on the other end of the line when you call don't really work for GM. They probably work for a subcontractor and have the authority to resolve simple issues while referring major issues to GM. Ask them a difficult question and you will get a lot of wrong answers. They know the power train portion of the warranty has been blocked and can't just say it is blocked. If the car was a Ron Fellows School car then there is no way the complete warranty is good. As for GM's practice (I suspect it is a practice Vs a policy) of not showing warranty blocks on their web site I suspect their lawyers said it wasn't a good idea to mention that fact. As always remember Caveat Emptor.

Have you run a Car Fax to see the ownership path of this vehicle? Like maybe Spring Mountain to DC Motors (the dealership that moves SMs used cars), to some private owner, to the dealer you purchased the car from. If it went through SM I would expect the selling dealer needs to buy the car back or provide a refund for the decreased value of the car because it doesn't have the remainder of the factory warranty.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 10-27-2019 at 03:53 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bill Dearborn:
BuLion (11-06-2019), jps197 (11-12-2019), Kyflyer (11-09-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 07:12 AM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

THANKS...

At this point, I feel that neither the selling dealership nor I should be required to suffer any financial penalties because of GMs unethical business practices.
Gm can be unethical - there is no doubt about that — run a car fax on your car. See the past ownership history.

in my opinion the rotten fish smell starts with the dealership you bought the car from. That’s the one throat to choke . It’s going to be easier to get your hands around that little local neck then the big fat elephant neck of gm to try and choke. Turn your lawyer loose on the dealership first then the dealership with more resources then you can go after Gm.

here are the questions I would be asking myself if I were in your shoes.

does this high end foreign car dealership sell new foreign cars and represent manufacturers like bmw, Mercedes, Porsche and Ferrari? Or do they just deal in used foreign cars as their primary business. If it’s just “high end used foreign cars” that would cause my radar to go up. If they aren’t able to discover issues like this then they shouldn’t be selling a chevy z06.

is the owner of this dealership or salesperson you were working with is a friend or personal acquaintance and you feel bad about turning against them?

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 10-27-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:51 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,193 Posts

That foreign car dealer... how did they come into possession of it?

Auction? Go back to auction house and back harge seller..

Trade in? Back charge owner as in sure they filled out the liability portion of sales agreement (not totalled significant damage etc) has to cover warranty block?

Didn't you get the "covered by remainder of factory warranty" paperwork from foreign car dealer wh . You bought it?

They should be doing all of this work for you.. not you.

Your move should have been Internet bed reviews Yelp everything for that dealership until they give you the money back or make it right it's their responsibility not yours why would you let them off the hook? You think they're losing sleep over this

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 10-27-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:08 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

And now for some tough love. You bought a very expensive toy and did zero homework.

1) Bought from a foreign car dealer. 1st mistake. There's a reason why this vehicle was NOT at a GM certified dealer.

2) FCD (foreign car dealer) - No ability to confirm warranty? 1 phone call to any GM dealer for warranty check. Most do it at the auction. YOU should've done the same.

3) GM website has tons of disclaimers of what the website shares. I suggest you read it, you have zero recourse versus GM.

4) Blame yourself as well. You did zero homework on your car purchase and trusted a used car dealer to be honest. Seriously? How long have you been doing this?

5) At the very least bring ANY used car to the car make's dealer for an inspection.

7) Before your lawyer up versus the selling dealer (not GM because you have absolutely zero recourse there), selling dealer should've disclosed the warranty block. Better double, in this case triple check your paperwork, you may have inadvertently signed a discloser that was described as "standard paperwork" that was actually a disclosure telling you you have no warranty.

It's too late to save you a headache, all that could've been done in advance had you done your homework. You allowed yourself to be taken advantage of....expensive lesson. Now you're trying to mitigate loss and severely diminished value as these cars regularly sell for $10K under book. Good luck.

P.P.S. Tell me again how you think you're going to sue GM? "or call 1-800 to confirm." You called, GM confirmed you have zero warranty. Again, had you done this in advance, aka - done your homework, you wouldn't be in this pickle. Also not sure what you paid, but 2017 driving school car should be well bought at $50K-ish. The 3/36 is gone in 5 months anyway and doubtful you'll need the drivetrain warranty. I've not heard many, in fact any motor failures on stock vehicles. So really your issue continues to be with the FCD who may have not disclosed this blocked warranty. Unless of course you signed something.

Last edited by cvp33; 10-27-2019 at 10:00 AM.
The following 10 users liked this post by cvp33:
candipogo (10-28-2019), ctmccloskey (10-29-2019), LilNutSac (10-28-2019), Mr. Gizmo (10-27-2019), Paul Clifton Jr. (10-29-2019), r00t61 (11-11-2019), revilingfool (11-01-2019), Road machine (10-29-2019), Vegas1500 (10-27-2019), ZR1Bob (10-30-2019) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-27-2019, 09:28 AM
ukester
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 93 Posts

In my experience with buying a brand new Z06 from a Chevrolet dealership a Warranty is a piece of paper that can be seen through many different eyes on how it should be applied or in many ways not applied. I have went through all the hoops you are going thru except a lawyer and my advise do everything you can with out spending any money except your time. Keep the car and drive it and enjoy it or trade it in only 2 ways of going thru this deal. This will continue until GM sells less cars and with the c8 that will not happen in the near future.

Best of luck
Mark
Old 10-27-2019, 12:58 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cvp33

Well, thanks I guess? I like the way you ramble on and on about a situation of which you know absolutely nothing and try to make yourself look brilliant while demeaning me and everyone else involved through broad incorrect assumptions and innuendo.

If you bothered to actually read what I tried to convey, it was GM who lied and said the car was a “racing school car”. They finally admitted that it was NOT a racing school car. The car had two previous private owners and the first owner was the one who tracked the car. They now have jumped to their third position that that owner removed the Z07 brake system, installed an after market brake system for track use, and then had all OEM equipment reinstalled prior to selling the car.

As as far as the selling dealer, I have said that I have zero problem with them or their behavior and that includes behaviors both before and after the sale. They are one of the highest volume and most respected dealers in the western US. Their position is that they will do ANYTHING to make me a happy customer. The specific details of that relationship are absolutely none of your business, but all the bases are covered to my complete satisfaction. They are an extremely high quality operation that moves over 450 new very high end vehicles per month in an extremely exclusive market. In fact, they called yesterday to check on my progress with GM and to again assure me that they will do whatever I request. I will disclose no other details to you to sooth your ego needs.

GM loves people like you who believe that caveat emptor is to be expected as an acceptable business model and that any potential purchaser is to blame if they likewise fail to base all decisions on that completely unacceptable and immoral philosophy.

Yes, I have the complete CARFAX documentation and warranty. The simple fact is that GM purposely hid the status of this cars warranty from the selling dealer and from me and even from CARFAX. Unlike you, I neither condone nor accept such egregious and immoral business behaviors. I will pursue GM on this issue because I’m certainly not the only one they have done this to and two Chevrolet dealerships with high Corvette sales volumes have said that this can likely be resolved within the GM dealer network to my satisfaction.

If if that turns out to not be possible, I am completely protected from any related financial loss on this transaction because I do not deal with immoral business people in any aspect of my life. I have caused one CEO to be put in prison and cost another his business because they both engaged in fraudulent business practices with the general public.

The only fraudulent and immoral conduct here is on the part of GM which doesn’t seem to bother you in the least because you, again, seem to believe that Caveat Emptor is normal. Sorry, but it is not normal. However, it can be successful so long as people like you accept such practices and blame or ridicule the victims for naïveté.

Last edited by B747VET; 10-27-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

How were they (GM) able to hide the warranty block from your seller, but not from you?
Old 10-27-2019, 01:10 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

1) Yes, I believe in doing proper homework before you buy a used vehicle.

2) I know exactly what happened based on the facts that you've presented. Unless you've also been dishonest like your foreign car dealer that sold you a used vehicle with no warranty. Something GM had nothing to do with, but somehow you'd like to hold them accountable.

3) Caveat emptor works for you and your foreign car dealer. You believed that you were getting a good deal. The FCD allowed you to believe that, you called GM after purchase instead of before and now will pay the consequences.

4) I'm not letting GM off the hook, they already are off the hook as they did not sell you this vehicle and you used a website to confirm coverage that clearly states to "call the 1-800" number to confirm. Something again, you didn't do until after buying the vehicle.

5) GM does not support or condone CarFax, they are a stand alone service. GM does not "hide" warranty information, it's frankly a 1-800 call away or a call to any dealer with the VIN. Had they refused to disclose this information you may have a case.....but GM didn't and so you don't.

6) "My FCD will do ANYTHING to make me happy." Great, make them take the vehicle back. Let's test your theory on their willingness to take care of you properly since they sold you a warranty-block vehicle. If the FCD says they didn't know......they're lying.

The only immoral behavior I can see here is you siding with a FCD who didn't disclose the car's history properly and now you threatening to sue GM and defame them. I'd say that not taking responsibility for your actions and your selling dealer's is pretty immoral behavior. But you go boy. Good luck.........you're going to need it.

I apologize for the tough love, I had a felling you wouldn't be able to handle it. I also apologize if my "rambling" was hard to follow. I tried to follow your chain of events from blindly believing your FCD, not doing your homework to giving you good counsel on not retaining a lawyer as you have no case against GM. $350 per hour for legal representation is an expensive way to learn what you should've done in the first place......call GM or ANY GM dealer with your VIN and DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

I hope this helps others that would try to buy a used vehicle without first checking the VIN using GM's 1-800 line or ANY GM Dealer.

Last edited by cvp33; 10-27-2019 at 01:24 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by cvp33:
23/C8Z (10-27-2019), HighBeta (10-27-2019), Olnavy (10-29-2019), r00t61 (11-11-2019), Road machine (10-29-2019), Vegas1500 (10-27-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-27-2019, 01:11 PM
The HACK
Burning Brakes

Received 686 Likes on 338 Posts

Was this DC Motors in Anaheim/Orange County?

Get notified of new replies

To Does GM Corvette have an ethical or moral compass?

Old 10-27-2019, 01:14 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

They are an extremely high quality operation that moves over 450 new very high end vehicles per month in an extremely exclusive market. In fact, they called yesterday to check on my progress with GM and to again assure me that they will do whatever I request.
sounds like your problem is solved. The dealer will do what ever you request. Request a full refund and drop the car back to the dealership and catch an Uber home.

I see and understand all the semantics and detail argument you make on who said this and Gm said this and that. In the end I would want to get out of this with the least hassle effort wise and financially as possible. So if the dealership will do whatever you want if it were me I would take them up on the offer. if you are still hell bent on getting a c7z. Find one at a chevy dealership new or certified used.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 10-27-2019 at 01:21 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Mr. Gizmo:
23/C8Z (10-27-2019), Aerovette (10-27-2019), BearZ06 (10-27-2019), Harbgrogan (10-28-2019), Olnavy (10-29-2019), Pacembellum (11-05-2019), Road machine (10-29-2019) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-27-2019, 01:32 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,972 Likes on 5,354 Posts

Yes, I have the complete CARFAX documentation and warranty. The simple fact is that GM purposely hid the status of this cars warranty from the selling dealer and from me and even from CAFAX. Unlike you, I neither condone nor accept such egregious and immoral business behaviors. I will pursue GM on this issue because I’m certainly not the only one they have done this to and two Chevrolet dealerships with high Corvette sales volumes have said that this can likely be resolved within the GM dealer network to my satisfaction.

If if that turns out to not be possible, I am completely protected from any related financial loss on this transaction because I do not deal with immoral business people in any aspect of my life. I have caused one CEO to be put in prison and cost another his business because they both engaged in fraudulent business practices with the general public.
So what does the CarFax say about the previous owners of the vehicle and where was it registered and licensed initially? What dealer performed the pre delivery inspection and where was that? How many previous owners? Don't get hung up on various people saying racing school versus tracked or driving school. The vast majority of people think high performance driving schools are racing schools, just as the vast majority of people incorrectly assume an HPDE is a race.

How do you know that GM refused to tell the selling dealer the warranty was blocked? When did they approach GM about the warranty? How did they do that? Calling a Chevy dealer and talking to a Service Writer that won't tell them anything isn't talking to GM. The dealer is a separate business from GM and the service writer may have been instructed by dealership management not to provide any information to anybody but an actual owner standing in front of them. Just like the one that advised you the warranty was blocked. There are privacy issues involved that can get people sued by owners.

Saying GM was dishonest isn't a logical deduction from what you have relayed in your posts. I understand you are angry but I don't see how you blame GM. The warranty was blocked right from the beginning and it was known as soon as the service writer entered the VIN into the computer. The block is only a partial block so the web site isn't incorrect either with what is listed on it. Maybe they could have listed there was a partial block on the warranty but there could be an infinite number of versions of partial blocks which would be very difficult to demonstrate through a web site. Information web sites in general are incorrect most of the time since it is so hard to keep data up to date and companies don't spend the money to update them when people can call/visit the company to get the latest info.

Bill
The following 3 users liked this post by Bill Dearborn:
BuLion (11-06-2019), Harbgrogan (10-28-2019), Road machine (10-29-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 01:47 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
So what does the CarFax say about the previous owners of the vehicle and where was it registered and licensed initially? What dealer performed the pre delivery inspection and where was that? How many previous owners? Don't get hung up on various people saying racing school versus tracked or driving school. The vast majority of people think high performance driving schools are racing schools, just as the vast majority of people incorrectly assume an HPDE is a race.

How do you know that GM refused to tell the selling dealer the warranty was blocked? When did they approach GM about the warranty? How did they do that? Calling a Chevy dealer and talking to a Service Writer that won't tell them anything isn't talking to GM. The dealer is a separate business from GM and the service writer may have been instructed by dealership management not to provide any information to anybody but an actual owner standing in front of them. Just like the one that advised you the warranty was blocked. There are privacy issues involved that can get people sued by owners.

Saying GM was dishonest isn't a logical deduction from what you have relayed in your posts. I understand you are angry but I don't see how you blame GM. The warranty was blocked right from the beginning and it was known as soon as the service writer entered the VIN into the computer. The block is only a partial block so the web site isn't incorrect either with what is listed on it. Maybe they could have listed there was a partial block on the warranty but there could be an infinite number of versions of partial blocks which would be very difficult to demonstrate through a web site. Information web sites in general are incorrect most of the time since it is so hard to keep data up to date and companies don't spend the money to update them when people can call/visit the company to get the latest info.

Bill
exactly. Working with a service writer from a dealership that didnt sell you the car is not going to get you very far. And it’s keeping all the painstaking detail up to date across systems that are not integrated. In the end it is buyer beware and the one throat you choke is the place that sold you the car

we all know about cracked wheels and track overheating and a too puny supercharger. Bringing this up in your case had nothing to do with your situation. I am sure the high end used foreign car dealership made you feel all warm and fuzzy saying you have the brand manufacturer warranty behind you. Use that as your case for them to refund you some money or to by back the car.

do not take this as We are picking on you. We are trying to help you in your situation. This is the same advice we probably would all give a close family member.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 10-27-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Aerovette (10-27-2019)

Quick Reply: Does GM Corvette have an ethical or moral compass?