C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Who is trading their Z06 for the new C8

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 08:16 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

My c7 is here! I love it. Miss the 15, don't know why, but I love the 19. I put 400 miles on it over the last 4 days and it's doing great so far. There are several improvements over my 15 but the 15 was a great car. I'm sure the c8's will put these cars to shame but I can't have any more fun, with a car, than I'm having with this one.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:24 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

Right now very happy with my 2019 M7 Convertible Z06 when the C8 Z06 version is introduced I will definitely give it serious thought.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Nope...keeping the c7z til Powertrain warranty expires, then sell, then wait for a c8z about a year or two old.
Z0HS1CK (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 09:23 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by SUB VETTE
Ditto here. My 19 Z06/Z07 M7 will be produced even after yours during the week of September 16th, and I'll pick it up at the Corvette Museum thereafter. Truly one of the last FE M7 Z's. Looking forward to the experience. I'm not a track person but decided the last of the generation is the best because it has all the improvements of the previous 5 years of C7's and mine will truly be one of the last to come down the line with every such improvement before C7 production line stops. Three or four years hence I'll decide whether I want a C8Z after others have had the opportunity to experience early problems, if any, and build an experience history that will tell the rest of us whether the C8 and C8Z is what everybody hopes it will be. In the meantime my C7Z will find a home next to my C6 Z51 and be enjoyed just as much, if not more.
Congrats, you will love it. The '19 brochures don't even mention all of the '19 only improvements to our '19s, but they are substantial. If you don't have the brochures, you might want to order them from the Museum, beautifully done. Added to all of the other improvements starting in '17, the '19 Z's will be the best of the FE Z06s and last of the manuals. I have an M7 2LZ '19 which has been great, including two track events, one on a 90 degree day. Only problem I had was I was one of the many unlucky recipients of GM's spotty QC on their lowest bidder Mexican wheels. A set of Forgeline VX1R's fixed that and knocked off 31 lbs (with Ti lugs) of unsprung rotating mass. If you can spring for it, you might want to consider an Akra Evo - sounds are freaking incredible, another 30 lbs off, plus about 18 additional wheel h/p. Five lbs per h/p and torque is insane! Other than a BMS filter and Mamo PTB, some ACS mud guards, "Z06" Monogrammed higher quality center console, wraps mine up - still under full warrant. A real rush diving a 680 h/p 3460 lb guided missile.

I didn't get the Z07 because its not practical to drive even in Northern Fla on nearly treadless Pilot cups - the rains come too suddenly and too hard sometimes! I do have the Stage 2 Aero on the back and Stage 3 on the front, although in my correspondence with Jim Mero, he told me to "even it up" for the higher speed track events.

Congratulations on making a great decision - you will enjoy the hell out of it. Maybe sometime you might consider doing an HDPE or the Fellows school - it will only deepen your appreciation about owning a car that puts a helluva lot of so-called "supercars" both FE and ME, on the trailer...
Old 08-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,256 Likes on 2,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
Nope...keeping the c7z til Powertrain warranty expires, then sell, then wait for a c8z about a year or two old.
Wise man!!

My powertrain is over in summer 2021. And there are "rumors" stating the incredible C8Z will be out late 2021? I guess as a 2022 model? So i'll be out of warranty for about 6 months, driving it carefully so it doesn't break lol, before i get to trade it in on the next beast.

I couldn't wait on a 2nd year C8Z run though. I know i said it in the past that i'd wait but screw that, that's what a warranty is for lol.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:44 PM
ritroman
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked over the frame cutaway at Carlisle. I am not a engineer but I felt disappointed. It appears to me that the frame utilizes a lot more screws, rivets and adhesives than welded structure. Take a good look at the frame. Cross braces are not welded. Center tunnel extrusions are mostly bolts and rivets holding it together. The C7 cutaway frame at Carlisle that was there two years ago appeared to be build stronger (a lot of welds of various types) . I would think that higher power C8s to come will be built with more sold construction like the predecessor C7 chassis. Someone tell me I am wrong about the C8 base chassis. I was looking forward to buying a C8 Z06 in 2021 or 22.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:28 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by TJC333
No manual trans no chrome wheels no C8 for me. I will keep my 2019 Z06/Z07. Yes it has chrome wheels and a manual trans. I do think by year three or four the C8 will have both a manual trans and chrome wheels. By then they will need them to support sales.
Hahaha chrome is sooooo dead styling wise. Good for Chevy.
Z0HS1CK (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...win-turbo-v-8/

GAME.............................OVER!!! !

hahaha I can't wait!! Deposit is ready for this monster. I been saying it all these months, the C8 will be the greatest corvette ever. No one believed me

But soon you will lol
Big Lebowski (08-26-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 12:00 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,775 Likes on 3,184 Posts

Such a silly thing to say. Game over is right. The FE is done and will go down as the last of the best corvettes ever. The C8 is already aging (to me) it's a generic ME design that is trying to do too much for too little. The mechanicals are where the money was spent. And that's good.

Once they redesign the exterior (for C9) I will consider it. I was around them a bunch at Carlisle and saw it initially at kerbeck. I'm telling you that this car does nothing for me.. the most plain CMG and silver friends wheel no Z51 looked 100x better than every other one there... tells me the car has too much going on from every direction.

It was a lot to ask the team to compromise in so many ways.. they did a great job. But in no way does this C8 detract from the best Corvette generation since C2... no way.. and we won't even bring up that abortion of a ski slope and tablet which can't be used or even viewed from the passenger seat. Someone thought that would be an improvement?
Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Yup. They listened to all the talk. The black wheel vs chrome debate. Black wheels won.

The auto vs manual debate. Auto won and they didnt use the trashy gm 8 speed slushbox.

They saved the best for last with the mid engine. A car enthusiasts wet dream. The only way for gm to build a supercar was to be mentored by the exotics lol. That's why it looks like a McLaren or whatever exotic you think it looks like.

They got the powerplant right in going pushrodless. They got the trans right with the dct. They got the power right, we think. And they definitely got the looks down right.

The perfect formula to finally capture and embrace EVERY car person out there. People that hated corvettes now say they want one. Even got the approval from Porsche guys which is an honor because they know about having a prestigious vehicle.

I'm almost mad that the c8 wasnt a flop. I was hoping. So I can move up to the zr1 since its the perfect c7. But damn gm did it again with another grand slam.

So exciting!

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 08-27-2019 at 06:40 AM.
cvp33 (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Inspiration for black wheels - the movie white lightning with gator
Old 08-27-2019, 02:01 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,775 Likes on 3,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Yup. They listened to all the talk. The black wheel vs chrome debate. Black wheels won.

The auto vs manual debate. Auto won and they didnt use the trashy gm 8 speed slushbox.

They saved the best for last with the mid engine. A car enthusiasts wet dream. The only way for gm to build a supercar was to be mentored by the exotics lol. That's why it looks like a McLaren or whatever exotic you think it looks like.

They got the powerplant right in going pushrodless. They got the trans right with the dct. They got the power right, we think. And they definitely got the looks down right.

The perfect formula to finally capture and embrace EVERY car person out there. People that hated corvettes now say they want one. Even got the approval from Porsche guys which is an honor because they know about having a prestigious vehicle.

I'm almost mad that the c8 wasnt a flop. I was hoping. So I can move up to the zr1 since its the perfect c7. But damn gm did it again with another grand slam.

So exciting!
So you changed your screen name from Robgz06 or whatever to that?

Why are you in here stirring the pot again?

What happened to this guy?

so innocent... couldn't even figure out what color your car was? Not very hard to do at all actually....

Went from that a few years ago.. to telling all of us how one car is better than the other..... and why.... not cool buddy. You have been a self proclaimed hater of the C7 Z06 for a long time.

You wanted the hellcat because it was better in every way and as fast if i recall? Which it isn't anywhere near a C7 Z06 even with video posted to dispell that on several occasions you fought and fought...

Now it's the C8 or C8 Z06.. get over it. They're two different worlds. We will live over here.. and you can live where you're happy why cant that be a thing?

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 08-27-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:21 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Inspiration for black wheels - the movie white lightning with gator

I think of it this way. Black wheels = menacing or aggressive. When you see "performance cars" as a trim, like an R version of a model, it usually means "fast" or the performance oriented version. Did the c7 zr1 come with chrome wheels? I know the c6 zr1 did.

But gm, even though they're not perfect are learning fast. They know what we want now. No more pushrod, no more shitty torque converter trans. A real high performance supercar.

They've done it. The c8z will be a game changer.

That's why I'm not waiting on a 2nd or 3rd year. As soon as they go on sale it's mine.

I'm telling you guys. Its game over. Gm succeeded. They did what we been asking for for decades. Lol
Old 08-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

I think of it this way. Black wheels = menacing or aggressive. When you see "performance cars" as a trim, like an R version of a model, it usually means "fast" or the performance oriented version. Did the c7 zr1 come with chrome wheels? I know the c6 zr1 did.

But gm, even though they're not perfect are learning fast. They know what we want now. No more pushrod, no more shitty torque converter trans. A real high performance supercar.

That's why I'm not waiting on a 2nd or 3rd year. As soon as they go on sale it's mine.

I'm telling you guys. Its game over. Gm succeeded. They did what we been asking for for decades. Lol
Ok- if you say so. C8 looks pretty good so far.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 764 Likes on 357 Posts

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...win-turbo-v-8/

GAME.............................OVER!!! !

hahaha I can't wait!! Deposit is ready for this monster. I been saying it all these months, the C8 will be the greatest corvette ever. No one believed me

But soon you will lol
Game over? How is a rendering and rumor = GAME OVER?

You're such a magazine racer in this thread

Produce actual lap times of either the base C8 or this car before you declare victory.
23/C8Z (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 06:42 PM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

Because GM has NEVER had any issues with first year cars

The C8 will be perfect in every way and the new DCT/ME/Flat plane crank TT will all be perfectly flawless right out of the gate.
23/C8Z (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 07:11 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by 94Lt1Vette
Game over? How is a rendering and rumor = GAME OVER?

You're such a magazine racer in this thread

Produce actual lap times of either the base C8 or this car before you declare victory.
We saw the renderings before the C8 reveal. Look at it now lol

Obviously the C8Z will only look better. Is your C7Z better looking than a C7 stingray?? LOL

Has nothing to do with a magazine racer. No one here are professional racers, whether we take our corvettes to the track or not. You have the same car i have LOL

I don't need to produce anything. I am showing enthusiasm on the greatest corvette ever made. So if it's a flop, rub it in my face when that time comes. But i highly doubt you'll get that chance. Becuase it will be the greatest.

So you can be sure i'll be around to , when those lap times come, and when the C8Z is introduced with the power figures, the looks, the pricing, and then more of me, when i finally get one

Get notified of new replies

To Who is trading their Z06 for the new C8

Old 08-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Ok- if you say so. C8 looks pretty good so far.
For a base model, it has had more hype than the C7ZR, the new GT500, the new supra, combined!!

Everyone wants one. They know what's up. Get on board bro. We're waiting for you!!!
Old 08-27-2019, 07:17 PM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

We saw the renderings before the C8 reveal. Look at it now lol

Obviously the C8Z will only look better. Is your C7Z better looking than a C7 stingray?? LOL

Has nothing to do with a magazine racer. No one here are professional racers, whether we take our corvettes to the track or not. You have the same car i have LOL

I don't need to produce anything. I am showing enthusiasm on the greatest corvette ever made. So if it's a flop, rub it in my face when that time comes. But i highly doubt you'll get that chance. Becuase it will be the greatest.

So you can be sure i'll be around to , when those lap times come, and when the C8Z is introduced with the power figures, the looks, the pricing, and then more of me, when i finally get one
You call it the "Greatest corvette ever made" with zero to back it up but a few renderings.

Do I really have the same car you have?

You're all in on the hype, but there's no data out yet. The C8 could be the greatest car ever made, or it could have massive issues that dooms the brand. Way too early for a victory dance.

I'm pro-C8, but your posts are ridiculous in their absolute certainty.
23/C8Z (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 07:56 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by 94Lt1Vette
You call it the "Greatest corvette ever made" with zero to back it up but a few renderings.

Do I really have the same car you have?

You're all in on the hype, but there's no data out yet. The C8 could be the greatest car ever made, or it could have massive issues that dooms the brand. Way too early for a victory dance.

I'm pro-C8, but your posts are ridiculous in their absolute certainty.
You own a C7 do you not? A z06 or a zr1?

If you have a zr1, i understand why you're being defensive lol. But i said it that the zr1 is the best FE corvette there is, go search for that in this thread. I even said i hope the C8 would be a flop so i can UPGRADE to a zr1.

z06 guys were defensive as the zr1 made it's debut. Because they realized they no longer have the top of the line corvette. In poured in all the excuses on why they won't buy one, why it's not worth it and why the difference between a z06 and a zr1 is minimal, that there was no reason for anyone to make the purchase if they already owned a z06. Go ahead and look up those posts lol.

Your guess is as good as mine on how the C8 will be.

But here's the difference.

When in corvette history has the next generation not being superior to the previous?

I'm not as old as you guys lol, but i sure remember when the C5 came out. It was a lot better than the C4. When the C6 came out, it was a lot better than the C5. When the C7 came out, it was a lot better than the C6.

You think GM falls short with the C8? Why? Because we all own C7's and you can't grasp the reality that our cars are soon going to be inferior to the one coming out? It's not a big deal dude. Just upgrade. I don't get why everyone is being childish. Yes i sound ridiculous with all this C8 talk but i'm excited. I can't see how anyone else is not. We're talking about corvettes. We're not talking about another brand like porsche (or should i start with that too? )

So let's say there's major faults with the first year stingray, or hell let's talk about the C8Z. Let's say there's faults. Idk, you predict some for this discussion.

Now what? GM scrapes the whole project and the C8 is discontinued because there's problems?? LOL No. They're going to keep on, and make it better and better each year, just as they did with every year of every generation going back. 2015 z06's has had their issues, but most are still doing fine. Hell there are even some buyers NOW, getting 2015's. What's the big deal?

I just said i won't want to wait for 2nd or 3rd year, because life is too short. The hell i wanna wait middle run of a generation. Then by the time i get one, the next gen is coming.

I'm gonna get the 1st year, whether it has issues or not. You guys are gonna keep waiting while others are enjoying the latest and greatest.

Accept it.

Quick Reply: Who is trading their Z06 for the new C8