C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

LT5 (OE 2650) Blower pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 09:14 PM
lt1z350
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 99vetteran
You really should have considered our 2650R Magnuson Heartbreaker, at least that's what I call it. Take a look at the one Vengeance Racing just finished. Wicked Z06.
there is a major issue with the maggie you can not put port injection on it so if plan on pushing it to 19-22 psi your going to be out of fuel even with a cam lobe. the magnuson is going to be limited on the power you can reach. I stay in touch with a guy that has a new magnuson 2650 on his camaro ss with a cam and all the lt4 fuel upgrades he is all over the fuel limit on ethanol and car is only running about .4ths and 3 mph faster then my jokerz ported stock 1.7 right now and he is 400 lbs or more lighter then my zl1. If you got the money the lt5 blower is the much better setup to be using. The lt5 even has better cooling then both edelbrock and magnuson just no comparing the 3 when comes to having the ability to make the most hp possible on a setup. Im tuning a procharger setup now with the holley on it and thats a sweet setup when comes to working along with the stock ecm. 1050whp zl1 on 16 psi and drives like stock due to the majority of the fueling being on the port. That Crafrord stuff is the way to go for sure. He did a great job on this holley harness and ecm with a base tune and sure the lt5 is just as good and will be as easy to tune. Cant wait to see some numbers and more so track time if you will drag race it and make a few passes. The mph made by the lt5 powered cars is insane compared to any other setup so far other then turbos. For a supercharger its the best of both worlds with instant boost and great peak hp with no fall off.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:19 AM
99vetteran
Melting Slicks

Received 386 Likes on 308 Posts

I haven't had any issues with mine, I run a 1000 cc meth/water in the elbow and have the options to add the other line when I need it. I've been 9.41@146 1.35 60ft with my 16 Camaro on 14-15 lbs of boost and weight was 3900 w/driver. I ran that at the LS Fest in Bowling Green in not so good weather conditions. (mid 80's and DA 2500) I have my meth/water on a low setting right now as I don't need it like I did on my 2300 Maggie. I am close on my injectors but not there yet because I run VP MS109 and not E. Very low IAT's at launch and thru the traps when logging my runs. Also running stock A8 tranny/converter, stock diff.
In full disclosure I do work and drag race for Magnuson Superchargers.

Last edited by 99vetteran; 09-20-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:35 PM
0Competition.Carbon
Former Vendor

Received 345 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1z350
there is a major issue with the maggie you can not put port injection on it so if plan on pushing it to 19-22 psi your going to be out of fuel even with a cam lobe. the magnuson is going to be limited on the power you can reach. I stay in touch with a guy that has a new magnuson 2650 on his camaro ss with a cam and all the lt4 fuel upgrades he is all over the fuel limit on ethanol and car is only running about .4ths and 3 mph faster then my jokerz ported stock 1.7 right now and he is 400 lbs or more lighter then my zl1. If you got the money the lt5 blower is the much better setup to be using. The lt5 even has better cooling then both edelbrock and magnuson just no comparing the 3 when comes to having the ability to make the most hp possible on a setup. Im tuning a procharger setup now with the holley on it and thats a sweet setup when comes to working along with the stock ecm. 1050whp zl1 on 16 psi and drives like stock due to the majority of the fueling being on the port. That Crafrord stuff is the way to go for sure. He did a great job on this holley harness and ecm with a base tune and sure the lt5 is just as good and will be as easy to tune. Cant wait to see some numbers and more so track time if you will drag race it and make a few passes. The mph made by the lt5 powered cars is insane compared to any other setup so far other then turbos. For a supercharger its the best of both worlds with instant boost and great peak hp with no fall off.
Port Injection kit from Crawford is great and cheap too!

Best thing about the LT5 2650 is the secondary electronic throttle body, that acts as a bypass valve. It allows for variable boost by gear and rpm setup. Very important if you are making 1000+ tq at very low rpm. This is also the reason why 1100 whp C7ZR are putting the power down so well to get in the mid 8s consistently.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:23 PM
usrodeo4
Drifting

Received 701 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Thanks for your opinion as well! We know the reason it is packaging! Exactly why GM used the 1.7 on the Z06 it fit under the hood! Lt4 needed less blower than the ls9 because it has the 10-1 vs 9-1 . GM had to remake the front to use the 2.65 on the Corvette ZR1.

Dodge nor Ford have a comparable sports cars to the Corvette. If I had a Demon or Stang! I would take the 2650 over the 2300 all day.
More room under the hood.

It is the package and the additional requirements of the 2650 that make the 2300 a great choice for the Z06.

Big goals 2650 lots of cash! Want still great power but not needing as much as the 2650 less cash out lay easy install 2300 all day.

The 2650 is a better choice if your shooting for over 825 rwhp and more understand the additional 1000's for the low side and hood change or cutting the hood.
Then at that level how about a clutch and the endless chain of stock parts no longer adequate. Chasing HP dreams! The 2300 is easy 675- 800 rwhp range a lot of power for less cash outlay!
Well said...
The following 2 users liked this post by usrodeo4:
23/C8Z (09-20-2019), SpeedyVette (09-21-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 07:38 PM
BruZe06
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com

Yes we have been working on this swap for a while now. We have recently gotten over the largest hurdle with the electronic bypass valve, and will be able to release everything soon.
Full electronic boost control with closed loop wideband port injection and flex fuel capabilities. All bolt on and plug and play.
Please post dyno graph, especially when on E85.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:49 PM
0Competition.Carbon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BruZe06
Please post dyno graph, especially when on E85.
less than 2 weeks for my numbers
Old 09-20-2019, 11:23 PM
2014stingrayjoe
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How difficult to get the OEM 2650 to work on 15 z06 m7 car?
Old 09-21-2019, 05:09 PM
0Competition.Carbon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2014stingrayjoe
How difficult to get the OEM 2650 to work on 15 z06 m7 car?
Easy. Crawford Racing has the full bolt on kit including PI fuel.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:23 PM
lt1z350
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 99vetteran
I haven't had any issues with mine, I run a 1000 cc meth/water in the elbow and have the options to add the other line when I need it. I've been 9.41@146 1.35 60ft with my 16 Camaro on 14-15 lbs of boost and weight was 3900 w/driver. I ran that at the LS Fest in Bowling Green in not so good weather conditions. (mid 80's and DA 2500) I have my meth/water on a low setting right now as I don't need it like I did on my 2300 Maggie. I am close on my injectors but not there yet because I run VP MS109 and not E. Very low IAT's at launch and thru the traps when logging my runs. Also running stock A8 tranny/converter, stock diff.
In full disclosure I do work and drag race for Magnuson Superchargers.
Good info thanks. Not many share a lot of data. What’s your manifold temps seeing at the end of the pass? I have a direct port setup on my lt4 blower and see 150 on a typical 88-90 degree day. I’m only spraying 20 gph or so in a total of 8 nozzles of 100 percent methanol as I’m using e70 and it keeps my high side up.
I was afraid of no port ability not being able to push the magnuson into its upper limits as fuel system limits obviously. My last time out on a 93 degree day in sgmp I ran 9.90@141 on a terrible 1.51 60 foot. I’m only on 14.5 psi on the 1.7 blower and think had I made a good 1.35 or so 60 foot would have ran 9.70s@143 mph minimum. Not too far off that 2650 setup and I am on stock heads and stock cam I don’t know your full setup to conspire it completely. But I do see some stock tuned zr1 stuff now making really good mph on minimal mods. So still looks like the lt5 is the superior supercharger to all others yet you pay for it vrs magnuson and edelbrock. I am weighing some options though as getting ready to pull the trigger on a larger blower as I am at the limits of this 1.7 and what else I can do with it with out doing cam and heads to make more power. I might already be following you on Instagram as seen one with a 2650 posting info.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:25 PM
bc928
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1z350
Is this problem not now solved by the +65% LT4 injectors and larger HPFP (and cam) + Low side updates? Obviously expensive, no question there - but it does seem possible to not have such a complex dual system. Remember - Chevy does this with one ECU on the ZR. We would need 2.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:46 PM
sr71bb
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

We all have seen countless posts about the potential of using BIGGER blowers to make more power. In reality though a bigger blower doesnt necessarily mean you are going to go faster even though a DYNO may show a bigger HP number.

Case in point, AMP with the STOCK 1.7 blower on their C7 Z06 lowered the stock blower record recently by over HALF a second with a 8.72 at 156 MPH with 1.24 60 foot time. The currentl C7 ZR1 (LT5) world record which is also held by AMP is 8.57 at 160 MPH.

Now one would think that that the little 1.7 blower WOULD NOT be that close to the LT5. After all from a DYNO standpoint the AMP Z06 makes a little over 900 HP and the AMP ZR1 LT5 makes a little over 1200 HP.

So what else is going on here??? It shows air flow through the blower is only ONE factor. There are some proprietary things that are going on that result in LOWER IAT's. Things like custom built intercoolers, and charge pipes. The torque curve on BOTH these cars is VERY flat basically meaning the car is still in its power band even BETWEEN gear shifts. Tuning attributes greatly here also.

Lastly, the way a car is set up ultimately will determine how fast you can get down the track. A bigger blower certainly can help but by itself there are other things that are just as important.

Last edited by sr71bb; 11-13-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:52 PM
bc928
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by sr71bb
We all have seen countless posts about the potential of using BIGGER blowers to make more power. In reality though a bigger blower doesnt necessarily mean you are going to go faster even though a DYNO may show a bigger HP number.

Case in point, AMP with the STOCK 1.7 blower on their C7 Z06 lowered the stock blower record recently by over HALF a second with a 8.72 at 156 MPH with 1.24 60 foot time. The currentl C7 ZR1 (LT5) world record which is also held by AMP is 8.57 at 160 MPH.

Now one would think that that the little 1.7 blower WOULD NOT be that close to the LT5. After all from a DYNO standpoint the AMP Z06 makes a little over 900 HP and the AMP ZR1 LT5 makes a little over 1200 HP.

So what else is going on here??? It shows air flow through the blower is only ONE factor. There are some proprietary things that are going on that result in LOWER IAT's. Things like custom built intercoolers, and charge pipes. The torque curve on BOTH these cars is VERY flat basically meaning the car is still in its power band even BETWEEN gear shifts. Tuning attributes greatly here also.

Lastly, the way a car is set up ultimately will determine how fast you can get down the track. A bigger blower certainly can help but by itself there are other things that are just as important.

Coming from a certain german platform that is nearly forgotten where a tiny blower is spun to within an inch of its life and people spend the cost of the car on meth and other cooling bandaids, I think it is important to understand the ability to lower the charge heat delta is the main issue past 1/4 mile. Most road race cars are turbo or NA, so if someone can make the SC not "work as hard" this is one leg of the stool.

Old 11-14-2019, 05:47 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

It’s not just a case of blower speed or IATs it’s the whole thing, is how efficient is the blower at the required volume and pressures you want to make the desired power. I recommend watching Gale banks recent duramax supercharger project for a Monster truck. What you are looking for overall efficiency of the system.

Now people more more in the know than me have said the 1740 was pushed hard in stock form and the 2650 is a much better sized blower for LT4/5 engine.

Re people going super fast in Z06s and not ZR1s that’s probably more to do with less people wanting to get the most out of the ZR1 (read risk blowing it up) than are with the Z06!
Old 12-14-2019, 01:22 PM
slowblack00
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sr71bb

How about know EVERYTHING before making a post. How many port injection 1.7L th400
c7zs do you see. Just one. There’s not another 1.7 lt4 c7 coming near that record for a while. Most anyone else will have moved onto a different blower. Like you said, the record was taking from dedicated motorsports by over half a second.

And yes they hold the zr1 record too. That’s stock a8 with full aero. Now. Take that lt5 blower and put it on the th400 car with no aero and see what it does vs the 1.7. The results will be clear. Both blowers are in compete different playing fields.

Last edited by slowblack00; 12-14-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Quick Reply: LT5 (OE 2650) Blower pricing?