C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2019 ZO6 lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 03:15 PM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Let me know if you figure it out, I am on my 4th C7 Z and have not seen that feature.....have no use for it but...

Last edited by fasthwks; 08-26-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 03:53 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

The car doesn't come with that feature. Not sure what you saw. Maybe a person in the car with the pedal lightly pressed so the foot movement made the lights flicker as the car shook?
Old 08-27-2018, 02:57 AM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Unionlaborer984
we saw it with or naked eye. Just can’t figure out how we got it to do it
That's what happens when you forget to take your meds. Or perhaps you need to go visit your eye doctor.

Considering the Z06 has been out for years everyone would know about it by now if it was an actual feature. Why in the hell would GM put some lame feature like that on a high performance sports car like a Z06? I think you bought the wrong car. If you want lights that dance to a beat perhaps you should have bought a Kia Soul,

The following users liked this post:
Edwardz (06-23-2023)
Old 08-27-2018, 09:43 AM
Edwardz
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by oneslackr
that's what happens when you forget to take your meds. Or perhaps you need to go visit your eye doctor.

Considering the z06 has been out for years everyone would know about it by now if it was an actual feature. Why in the hell would gm put some lame feature like that on a high performance sports car like a z06? I think you bought the wrong car. If you want lights that dance to a beat perhaps you should have bought a kia soul, https://youtu.be/zjmghqvket8
lol
Old 08-27-2018, 11:07 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

I agree with those who say it is not an available feature, and what you see is the flickering of the LEDs. This is just my opinion but I don't think such a thing would be kosher with the feds.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:23 PM
ZeeOh6Nut
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by khoeysr
I agree with those who say it is not an available feature, and what you see is the flickering of the LEDs. This is just my opinion but I don't think such a thing would be kosher with the feds.
Last night at dusk I saw the effect on ours for the first time while standing at an angle to the rear after getting out of the car while tranny was in park. Had the car since April of 15 and hadn't seen it until last eve. The dusk lighting I suspect making it noticeable as in the vids.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:20 PM
breakskeet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

For you smartasses I don’t need your rude *** comments! When we first bought the car and started it we saw the lights strobe with the naked eye! Now we can’t figure out how we did it.. so to the guy who said “ even if it was possible, why? “ mind your own.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:32 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,102 Likes on 753 Posts

For you smartasses I don’t need your rude *** comments! When we first bought the car and started it we saw the lights strobe with the naked eye! Now we can’t figure out how we did it.. so to the guy who said “ even if it was possible, why? “ mind your own.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:14 AM
silver74vette
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Strobing lights are not currently legal in the US.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...-let-you-have/

Some people are able to see "faster" than others. I used to have to adjust the refresh rate on a CRT computer monitor or the flickering would drive me crazy.

By the way welcome to the Forum!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:50 AM
VetterFlyer
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 49 Posts

Note; that at Spring Mountain Training all of their cars have Flashing Brake lights. Several times I have asked this form if anyone could tell me where to buy the mod. In 3 years I still haven’t read or heard of how to do this. Yes it’s not an approved legal mod so I guess it’s not available? If anyone knows how or where to get this mod, I believe it’s a good Safety feature since the braking is so much better than those rental cars on my butt.

Z06/7 Jim
Old 09-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,258 Likes on 2,186 Posts

I hate to say it now but i think OP might be on to something.

I was out cruising today and i came across a honda accord, the newer ones. Maybe 17 or 18? And it was modified because it was lowered with some nice wheels, dark tints etc. And when he would brake, the LED's in this tail lights flickered about 5 times rapid fire before having a steady light. I know that was probably modified as well but that goes to show that these things are out there. I doubt GM integrated this feature in the '19s but hey never know. Maybe there was a batch that had them.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:58 PM
usctroj836
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Flickering lights

Originally Posted by Edwardz

lol
Definitely right about checking the thin skin at the door. Some of the great humor on this forum is simply fantastic. My theory has always been in order to drive a corvette you need $ so you must have brains to make $ hence the quick and ruthless humor. I love it!
Old 09-01-2018, 11:13 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
I hate to say it now but i think OP might be on to something.

I was out cruising today and i came across a honda accord, the newer ones. Maybe 17 or 18? And it was modified because it was lowered with some nice wheels, dark tints etc. And when he would brake, the LED's in this tail lights flickered about 5 times rapid fire before having a steady light. I know that was probably modified as well but that goes to show that these things are out there. I doubt GM integrated this feature in the '19s but hey never know. Maybe there was a batch that had them.
Below is the first post from the OP. It doesn't sound remotely similar to what you describe seeing on the Honda.

I have a 2019 zo6 and I was told that the tail lights would strobe to the vibration of the exhaust.. can someone tell me how to make it do this?
Old 09-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,258 Likes on 2,186 Posts

Originally Posted by usctroj836

Definitely right about checking the thin skin at the door. Some of the great humor on this forum is simply fantastic. My theory has always been in order to drive a corvette you need $ so you must have brains to make $ hence the quick and ruthless humor. I love it!
lol i agree.

I mean i know the forum has a lot of "older members" but jeez lighten up people. In the end technically we're all family because we all love and own the same type of car. maybe not always the same model but in this section we do, so everyone needs to relax lol. If you can't take humor from time to time, just scroll right past or put that annoying person on your block list. That simple.

It did sound funny at first when OP was explaining it. But idk, i saw something similar to an accord yesterday so i won't totally rule it out. Maybe someone, or some dealer did a test fit on some flickering tail lights lol. Never know. I saw something like that yesterday so now i'm not doubting it totally.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:14 PM
Edwardz
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Strobe

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround
With a response like that, you won't get support around here, ********...
Go pound sand.
I thought that the response about the video was insightful and should be very helpful. It’s unfortunate that someone would get insulted when provided a very reasonable answer. Maybe they were just a little embarrassed. Sometimes insightful people say there are no stupid questions. I have had people come out of a fast food restaurant because they thought the lights strobed after watching it on the video monitor.
Old 06-23-2023, 08:10 PM
JPWEraser
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Some cars flicker the brake lights briefly if a high amount of brake force is being applied. The intent isn’t to have an EDM show on your back bumper but rather alert drivers behind you that you’re stopping fast so they may follow suit and not run into your rear end. BMW calls it brake force display.
Old 06-25-2023, 09:07 AM
GS583
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 202 Posts

I used to ride motorcycles and there was an attachment you could put inline with the power wire to the brake lamp. It would flash the brake light 4/5 times quickly and then go steady. Very good safety feature on a bike but don't think it would work well on an automobile. Maybe if you bought two of them and wired in individually.... Old guy that no longer recalls the name of the device.
The following users liked this post:
spoolin98 (06-28-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 09:30 AM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

There are a few ways you can perceive a strobe effect on a car LED lights. One is through a video as the sync of the fps of the camera will not line up with the true strobe rate of the car. Second is a bit more technical in that the strobe effect is governed by the "clock rate" of the car's power system. Since the power system is from the alternator, the system is tied to the rpm of the car. There's a set of internal systems made of voltage regulators, and diodes which are all a part of ensuring a consistent clock rate, but if any of the components are slow or out of sync for a moment, then the final power clock rate can go low enough for the strobe rate to be perceived. Add to this our peripheral vision is quite sensitive to movement and it perceives a flash of on/off as movement and you can have a moment where you saw the strobing.

Old 06-28-2023, 02:17 PM
spoolin98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by GS583
I used to ride motorcycles and there was an attachment you could put inline with the power wire to the brake lamp. It would flash the brake light 4/5 times quickly and then go steady. Very good safety feature on a bike but don't think it would work well on an automobile. Maybe if you bought two of them and wired in individually.... Old guy that no longer recalls the name of the device.
This right here. I have it on my third brake light, it flashes really fast 3-5 times and then goes solid to catch the persons attention behind you to let them know you are braking. It has to be wired into the brake light and they are adjustable for how many blinks and how fast you want it to blink each time you press the brake. I did it while my back bumper was off in hopes that it may save me from a rear end collision one day in stop and go.

Quick Reply: 2019 ZO6 lights