C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z vs Mustang GT350 - Road Course Encounter

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 09:55 AM
boomerangj
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
Well hell, I feel like a fool and was got good. Two "friends" of mine thought they had strung me along far enough and finally let me in on their little scheme/plot today.

I got punked. The Mustang "driver" who approached me was not the driver of the Mustang or anyway associated with it. He was an out-of-town friend of my so called friends attending the track day as an observer. They put him up to approaching me and asking that I stay out of his way. I feel like an *** but will fall back on the old adage, fool me once....

Sons-of-bitches.

Rick
You are a great guy to post that! I love pranks and when I read this one I LOL!!!! When I get punked-the punkers know the payback will be coming-they just won't know when!
Old 05-12-2018, 11:49 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by boomerangj
You are a great guy to post that! I love pranks and when I read this one I LOL!!!! When I get punked-the punkers know the payback will be coming-they just won't know when!
In spades...

The one redeeming factor is I didn't take the bait put in front of me when they encouraged me to go "have a talk" with the poor guy driving the Mustang after coming off track. Better yet they tried to get me to go "visit with him" throughout the day.

If I had the Mustang driver would have thought I was a damn nut as he'd have no idea what the hell I was talking about. Who knows how it would have played out but I imagine not well.

My "friends" will truly,truly appreciate the old saying "revenge is a dish best served cold". And I do believe they know it...

Rick
Old 05-14-2018, 11:04 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Might even be a better story now
Old 05-15-2018, 07:55 AM
Rdubfalco
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dar02081961
Good info Bill;

The GT 350 is a fine automobile.
Ford will make it right.
Cool Story
Old 05-15-2018, 11:59 AM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey Rick,

I think I passed that guy on track some time back as well. He didn't put up much of a fight though.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:40 AM
RedC6
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

While the GT350R may not be as fast as the Z, I don't think it could be lapped as easily on most tracks with equal level drivers. The R is a beast, but just like all cars, it needs a driver to push it correctly.

Great story though, I thought something was fishy because I couldn't imagine any driver saying that to another at the track.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:08 AM
Stripeknight
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Quick Reply: C7 Z vs Mustang GT350 - Road Course Encounter