C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Exposed Carbon Fiber Stage1 splitter and side skirts installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Hydrocarbon
The customer wanted side skirts to match the front splitter, that is why we dipped them even thought they are real carbon underneath.

As far as cheap looking hydrodipped is concerned, our OEM carbon match hydrocarbon looks better and does not turn brown/yellow like some of the real carbon fiber parts out there.

Why don't you go play somewhere else and leave this guy alone he is very happy with the results!
Can you explain your process? Sounds like he got real carbon fibre underneath but not EXPOSED carbon fibre, is that correct? Carbon fibre material that's been hydrocoated with a carbon fibre pattern?

Do you offer exposed carbon weave at any price, or is that just not something you offer at this time?

Is his front splitter exposed CF or hydrocoated CF?

Customer appears to have been expecting "real carbon fiber with the carbon fiber film layer applied" and that's what it looks like he received, so far as I can tell.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by davepl; 05-01-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Blue02ws6
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Hydrocarbon
The customer wanted side skirts to match the front splitter, that is why we dipped them even thought they are real carbon underneath.

As far as cheap looking hydrodipped is concerned, our OEM carbon match hydrocarbon looks better and does not turn brown/yellow like some of the real carbon fiber parts out there.

Why don't you go play somewhere else and leave this guy alone he is very happy with the results!

No, hydrocarbon print doesn't look as good as real exposed carbon fiber, no matter how much you tell yourself it does. If people like it more power to them but he was stating to everyone that this was carbon fiber overlay, which it is NOT. I just wanted to point that out to others that have no idea the process and the final product before they get disappointed. If he would have said, "hey check out my hydrodipped skirts and splitter!" I would have never said anything.

Quick Reply: Exposed Carbon Fiber Stage1 splitter and side skirts installed