C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Question...how does the black stinger stripe match up with the exposed CF roof panel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:22 PM
jordanC6Z06
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Question...how does the black stinger stripe match up with the exposed CF roof panel?

I have a 17 Z on order, it hasnt started production yet so i can still change some things. I have the exposed carbon fibre roof panel ordered, and I went with the black stinger stripe on the hood, as I figure it would match up nice with the hood vent, and all the other carbon flash pieces on the car, including the carbon flash side skirts, chin spoiler, aero etc. I'm just curious of how it will match up with the exposed carbon fibre roof panel? Is it somewhat the same shade? Is the exposed roof panel still pretty dark in comparison? Just curious if I should go with the exposed carbon on the hood as well. Somewhat torn. I know there are many pictures out there but I haven't seen the two in real life, and figured I would get some actual input. Any pictures showing the two will be appreciated though! Jordan

Last edited by jordanC6Z06; 01-29-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:17 AM
HighBeta
Amat Victoria Curam
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanC6Z06
I have a 17 Z on order, it hasnt started production yet so i can still change some things. I have the exposed carbon fibre roof panel ordered, and I went with the black stinger stripe on the hood, as I figure it would match up nice with the hood vent, and all the other carbon flash pieces on the car, including the carbon flash side skirts, chin spoiler, aero etc. I'm just curious of how it will match up with the exposed carbon fibre roof panel? Is it somewhat the same shade? Is the exposed roof panel still pretty dark in comparison? Just curious if I should go with the exposed carbon on the hood as well. Somewhat torn. I know there are many pictures out there but I haven't seen the two in real life, and figured I would get some actual input. Any pictures showing the two will be appreciated though! Jordan
The hood stripe is a simple decal so it "presents" a bit differently than the multi hued CF roof panel. Might want to spring for the CF hood to match them up?
Old 01-30-2017, 09:23 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Do all those items in visible carbon fiber (ie splitter, side skirts, spoiler, hood, roof).
Mixing not so good, should be the same for a great overall effect!
Old 01-30-2017, 05:54 PM
jordanC6Z06
Racer

Yeah the only thing is some parts are still black. Like the hood vents, side rear upper and brake sucks, the front fender insert, so that's why I'm going with all black ground effects package. I'm just not sure the best way to match everything lol

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Do all those items in visible carbon fiber (ie splitter, side skirts, spoiler, hood, roof).
Mixing not so good, should be the same for a great overall effect!
Old 01-30-2017, 06:41 PM
tpapablo
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have that arrangement. It looks good, IMO. Matches well.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:50 PM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,433 Likes on 1,603 Posts

From a distance you cannot tell, but up close, and especially in bright sunlight, you can definitely notice a difference. Nonetheless, it is certainly not bad looking... and still flows well.

Last edited by sTz; 01-30-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:58 PM
jordanC6Z06
Racer

Thanks for fellas! I'll probably stick which just the black stinger stripe. Come to think of it it must look pretty good considering that's all they offered for all of 2015...

Get notified of new replies

To Question...how does the black stinger stripe match up with the exposed CF roof panel?

Quick Reply: Question...how does the black stinger stripe match up with the exposed CF roof panel?