C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Paint protection / XPEL / 3M ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 07:36 PM
blakvette
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Paint protection / XPEL / 3M ???

I'm interested on adding some paint protection for the front bumper/lights and quarter panels.. looking for a precut kit or someone one in the Miami area. Any suggestions ? Anyone done it them self ?
Old 01-03-2017, 08:40 PM
jpbls
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I dont suggest doing it yourself.Get someone highly recommended
Old 01-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Babaron
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Old 01-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Nick 02 Z06
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Both are great but I prefer XPEL and have it done by a professional!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:07 PM
two-piece
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Suntek has the best quality film out there. Had my whole car done and it's the best thing ever.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:23 AM
blakvette
Drifting

Originally Posted by two-piece
Suntek has the best quality film out there. Had my whole car done and it's the best thing ever.
I was just told the same from a local shop.

anyone in south Florida that can recommend a shop????
Old 01-04-2017, 08:29 AM
snow
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 220 Likes on 171 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '17-'18-'19

Subscribed... looking as well
Old 01-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Oleman
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I used XPEL on my C6Z and switched to Suntek due to the XPEL getting discolored, I have the XPEL on my new C7 and very pleased with it so far.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:49 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Xpel and a Pro
Old 01-04-2017, 10:02 AM
blakvette
Drifting

I got a quote for full quarter panels and partial rocker panel for $300 with Suntek film. what do you guys think ?
Old 01-04-2017, 01:19 PM
2fastnow
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

If you have a white car as I do you won't like yellowing after time. I only know what I have and it's 3M paint protection/vinyl. Plus my 3M tint hasn't changed color in 10 years.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:00 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:
- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.

When you do find an installer:

- Be sure to ask for wrapped edges where possible (meaning that the film will wrap over the edge of the panel)
- Visit their shop and look at some of their installations they've completed, as certain installers may do things differently
- Exam the installation to see if the visible seams are close the edge of the body panel
- You can ask them if they've wrapped your vehicle before, some installers may have wrapped a few, some may have wrapped a hundred...it's best to find an installer you feel comfortable leaving your pride and joy with.

Please visit our installer locator to find an installer nearest you: XPEL Installer
Old 01-04-2017, 03:01 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 2fastnow
If you have a white car as I do you won't like yellowing after time. I only know what I have and it's 3M paint protection/vinyl. Plus my 3M tint hasn't changed color in 10 years.
With new technology and film designs, yellowing shouldn't happen. With XPEL ULTIMATE, it's warrantied for 10-years against yellowing. If it does, we'll fix/replace it, labor included.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Oleman
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I have used the XPEL warranty, they do stand behind their products. I have the Ultimate on my C7Z and very satisfied.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:54 PM
Vyper340
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:
- Where you live
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.

- Be sure to ask for wrapped edges where possible (meaning that the film will wrap over the edge of the panel)
- Visit their shop and look at some of their installations they've completed, as certain installers may do things differently
- Exam the installation to see if the visible seams are close the edge of the body panel
- You can ask them if they've wrapped your vehicle before, some installers may have wrapped a few, some may have wrapped a hundred...it's best to find an installer you feel comfortable leaving your pride and joy with.

Please visit our installer locator to find an installer nearest you: XPEL Installer
Having Xpel Ultimate installed as I type. I'm concerned about the stinger figment. The stinger portion went over the actual carbon fiber inlay factory option by 1/4-1/2". Whole hood is being done also so how will this look??? Was expecting the stinger to be an exact fit and whole hood piece to match up to the stinger for a virtually seemless appearance.

Last edited by Vyper340; 01-14-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Vyper340
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
- Where you live
- Size of your vehicle

My XPEL installer said he doesn't like t do edge wraps because they don't stay in some cases. I wanted it for my hood edges for the obvious reasons but am confused now because it's recommended but installer saying different.

Last edited by Vyper340; 01-15-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:25 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 739 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Vyper340
My XPEL installer said he doesn't like t do edge wraps because they don't stay in some cases. I wanted it for my hood edges foe the obvious reasons but am confused now because it's recommended but installed saying different.
You need to find a more experienced installer who takes pride in their work.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:04 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

My XPEL installer said he doesn't like t do edge wraps because they don't stay in some cases. I wanted it for my hood edges for the obvious reasons but am confused now because it's recommended but installer saying different.
The installers have the option to wrap edges, some don't. If you want to have the film wrapped, ask your installer again, or you may want to find an installer that will accommodate. Edges wrapped (where possible) is the best solution for a seamless installation.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:11 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Having XPEL ULTIMATE installed as I type. I'm concerned about the stinger figment. The stinger portion went over the actual carbon fiber inlay factory option by 1/4-1/2". Whole hood is being done also so how will this look??? Was expecting the stinger to be an exact fit and whole hood piece to match up to the stinger for a virtually seemless appearance.
Sorry for the delayed response, we're out at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale all week.

I'm a little confused with your setup/question. The inlay is similar the picture below? If so, you had the coverage stop at before the carbon fiber? We'd suggest asking your installer. You can cover the entire hood, including the vinyl skull (if the vinyl is there). It'd be more beneficial to have the whole hood covered. I'd recommend contacting the installer, as they should have covered your coverage options.

Last edited by XPEL; 01-16-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint protection / XPEL / 3M ???

Quick Reply: Paint protection / XPEL / 3M ???