C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyflyer
I guess there are advantages to being an O. F., they take a look at your bona fides (credit worthiness, net worth, or whatever they can glean about you finances and toss you the fob. It also helps if you drive up in another C7 I suppose. You should be able to pick up one of the 16s for a bargain price if they suit you although there are supposed to be some improvements in the 17. We are taking in the Z tomorrow for its 500 mile oil change and service inspection and I am excited if the weather holds out as I want to punch it at least once before putting it back into the toy shed! Good luck, and be glad you look young! Happy Thanksgiving
I'm likely ordering a 17, there are specific packages I want that aren't available anymore. Since it's my dream car, I want to make sure I get it exactly the way I want
Old 11-24-2016, 11:30 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

I wanted a specific car as well, but I caved on the one I bought when I saw it in the detail area and bought it anyway and saved about 5K. The only thing that I wanted on it that wasn't on it was the carbon fiber dash. It mesmerized me and I couldn't help myself, like a moth into the bug zapper! I am not sorry that I did it the way that I did. Have you used internet search to see if any dealers have one that is close enough to what you want on the lot?
Old 11-24-2016, 12:34 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

We are taking in the Z tomorrow for its 500 mile oil change and service inspection and I am excited if the weather holds out as I want to punch it at least once before putting it back into the toy shed! Happy Thanksgiving
Gee ........ Your weather isn't that bad. Some rain mid week. Still fairly sunny and warm for this time of the year up your way.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:17 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Yes, but after a fall that was really extended summer and we went from 80+ to below freezing at night in a few days, it sure feels frigid. Wet and chilly today, but sunny tomorrow for the initial speed run, albeit a short one. We just want to hear it roar. Weather permitting it will be in a couple of Christmas parades. Then an extended stay in the toy shed.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Larry M
Drifting

I wanted a specific car as well, but I caved on the one I bought when I saw it in the detail area and bought it anyway and saved about 5K. The only thing that I wanted on it that wasn't on it was the carbon fiber dash. It mesmerized me and I couldn't help myself, like a moth into the bug zapper! I am not sorry that I did it the way that I did. Have you used internet search to see if any dealers have one that is close enough to what you want on the lot?
lol I hear ya
The cars are definitely mesmerizing. I spoke to GM customer service, nothing left in the country. When GM published their production stats, it made sense as AW and Jet Suede interior was 1 of 35 tack on A8, CF roof and hood with comp seats and they probably haven't made one

Even though your car didn't have CF dash, you could always buy from someone like Apsis or Caravaggio and get it exactly as you want

Last edited by Larry M; 11-24-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Yes, that is not a stock order combo for sure! I had to search to find a 3LZ and the other options that I wanted. We have it pretty good here with the plant and museum so close, there are quite a few large dealerships around with a lot of inventory, but most of it is non specked out models, moslty 1LZs & 2s. For this kind of money get what you want. With the suede interior trim in mine I really didn't need the CF dash. I had it in the stingray, but it was a medium gray interior and it needed some pop. This was doesn't suffer from that and the WGG exterior really works with a more subdued interior. Good luck, and if you order it by the time you get it vette season will almost be here!
Old 11-24-2016, 06:45 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

Yes, but after a fall that was really extended summer and we went from 80+ to below freezing at night in a few days, it sure feels frigid. Wet and chilly today, but sunny tomorrow for the initial speed run, albeit a short one. We just want to hear it roar. Weather permitting it will be in a couple of Christmas parades. Then an extended stay in the toy shed.
Couldn't live like that. It would drive me crazy.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Couldn't live like that. It would drive me crazy.
I assume you live in Southern Texas somewhere. We have family in Houston, but most of us are still here in KY. It must be a genetic flaw of some sort our family has been here since 1770. Pretty place 8 months of the year, and we travel a lot in the winter so it works out OK. And, there are other toys to play with in the winter as well.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:44 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

North central TX. South of Dallas. Just far enough south that we did not have any ice last year.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
North central TX. South of Dallas. Just far enough south that we did not have any ice last year.
Warm is good!
Old 11-25-2016, 11:19 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

So true. Especially at my age. Along with Meloxicam 7.5 ! Sure makes getting into and out of the Z a whole lot easier .........
Old 11-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

All is good today, we took the vette in for its 500 mile oil change and on the way home took a short bit of the Interstate as it really is the shortest. Whew, this car is fast, I kicked it on a stretch with little traffic and it went from 70 to 105 in a heartbeat and it was a fast heartbeat for sure. The mini is quick, the stingray is fast, the Z06 is amazingly fast. A short thrill and we put it away, temperature is dropping now and in the low 40's. Clean up day tomorrow for the fleet. I spoke with the service manager while we were at the dealership about the heated seats not turning on when we used the remote start. I advised I thought there was a service bulletin about, now I need to research it to be sure. He also advised me that they would provide two oil changes at no charge after the 500 mile one.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Larry M
Drifting

Went to the dealership tonight
Sat in a 2017 and tried the seat warmers for about 3 minutes, didn't really feel it coming on, just a little
We were indoors so I couldn't let the car run forever

Made a decision tonight, not doing the exposed carbon fiber hood. Saw it on a white Z and it didn't do much for me. I think it looks good on black and other color cars. Saves me $2k

I'm on the fence about CF skirts and splitter...will likely do it just to match the roof and interior
Old 11-25-2016, 06:58 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry M
Went to the dealership tonight
Sat in a 2017 and tried the seat warmers for about 3 minutes, didn't really feel it coming on, just a little
We were indoors so I couldn't let the car run forever

Made a decision tonight, not doing the exposed carbon fiber hood. Saw it on a white Z and it didn't do much for me. I think it looks good on black and other color cars. Saves me $2k
I'm on the fence about CF skirts and splitter...will likely do it just to match the roof and interior
I like them(side skirts) although it is something of an egress pain until you figure it all out. I sit down in the seat with my legs on the ground and the door wide open (It has to be open for my feet to clear the door panel when I swing them into the car.) and behold I am in or out easily enough. It is worth it as I understand the need for the down force at speed, they look cool, but I had to alter my motor skills memory in order not to whack the door usually around the speaker with my feet. I fell in love with this car when I first saw it and other than the minor inconveniences it has not disappointed me. I am really looking forward to spring and summer and those priceless winter days that are dry, sunny, and warm. I am retired and most likely will be able to take full advantage of them. Don't drive one until you are ready to buy, the Zs siren song is overwhelming. While at the dealership we looked for our stingray, but they sold it 5 days after we traded it. A local guy bought and the dealer is our club sponsor and told him about the club, most likely I will see it on a regular basis. I miss it like most of my now departed toys, but new toys more than compensate for the loss. I apologize for the ramble, I am still wound too tight after the first thrill ride. VROOOOOOM!
Old 11-25-2016, 09:32 PM
Larry M
Drifting

I like them(side skirts) although it is something of an egress pain until you figure it all out. I sit down in the seat with my legs on the ground and the door wide open (It has to be open for my feet to clear the door panel when I swing them into the car.) and behold I am in or out easily enough. It is worth it as I understand the need for the down force at speed, they look cool, but I had to alter my motor skills memory in order not to whack the door usually around the speaker with my feet. I fell in love with this car when I first saw it and other than the minor inconveniences it has not disappointed me. I am really looking forward to spring and summer and those priceless winter days that are dry, sunny, and warm. I am retired and most likely will be able to take full advantage of them. Don't drive one until you are ready to buy, the Zs siren song is overwhelming. While at the dealership we looked for our stingray, but they sold it 5 days after we traded it. A local guy bought and the dealer is our club sponsor and told him about the club, most likely I will see it on a regular basis. I miss it like most of my now departed toys, but new toys more than compensate for the loss. I apologize for the ramble, I am still wound too tight after the first thrill ride. VROOOOOOM!
I've never driven a vette before, I'm kinda "holding out for the right one". Funny you mention the exhaust, when I started a Z over the fall it was in standard mode and as you know it's pretty quiet. I pretty much figured I'd need a Borla X pipe to start.

Started the Z tonight, it was in race mode this time and holy cow
Sounded awesome
Old 11-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

If you get the Z06 be sure to start out in touring or one of other less responsive modes. Sport and track make it very easy to get bitten, particularly in cooler weather due to poor traction. Caution is the word of the Z, they are fantastic performers.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:26 PM
Larry M
Drifting

If you get the Z06 be sure to start out in touring or one of other less responsive modes. Sport and track make it very easy to get bitten, particularly in cooler weather due to poor traction. Caution is the word of the Z, they are fantastic performers.
Thanks KY
I have a 2002 Trans Am with about 450hp and a 3800 stall converter. She's pretty quick, but everyone makes fun of me because I drive like a grandma

It's going to be a long winter

Get notified of new replies

To Heated Seats

Old 11-26-2016, 07:19 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

OK, here is the last ort of information concerning the heated seats. There is a technical service bulletin about the remote start and the heated seats not coming on even though they are supposed to.

2016 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Heated and Ventilated Front Seats Inoperative with Remote Start

GM Bulletin No.: 37030
Date: April 2016
SUBJECT: Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats Inoperative with Remote Start
Expires with Base Warranty
MODELS: 2016 Chevrolet Corvette
Equipped with Automatic Transmission (RPO M5U) and Heated and Ventilated Front Seats (RPO KQV)
PURPOSE
This bulletin provides a service procedure to reprogram the body control module on certain 2016 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission (RPO M5U) and heated and ventilated front seats (RPO KQV). While the engine is running during a remote start, and the remote start heated and ventilated seat feature is turned on in the vehicle personalization menu, the heated and ventilated seats may not activate.
This service procedure should be completed as soon as possible on involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealer for any type of service during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period.
VEHICLES INVOLVED
All involved vehicles are identified by VIN in the Global Warranty Management System – Investigate Vehicle History Application. Dealership technicians should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
Additionally, a list of involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory can be found in GlobalConnect, under Departments, Service, Field Action Inventory Reports (US) or attached to the GlobalConnect message (Canada) used to release this bulletin. Customer vehicles that return for service, for any reason, and are still covered under the vehicle’s base warranty should also be checked for vehicle eligibility.
PART INFORMATION
No parts are required for this repair.

Last edited by Kyflyer; 11-26-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:18 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

Had that done this past month as soon as it was announced. Made a world of difference.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wndotintman
Wow, are the heated seats really that bad? I have a 09Z now and they work great. I am looking for a C7Z and thought I wanted a 2LZ for the heated seats. Would I be better off to just get the 1LZ since they are that bad?
I drove over 100 miles with them on high and Luke warm at best. My other cars and 5 min on high and my butts burning. You will always hear one person say his works great but 99.9% of us all agree, they suck.
The following users liked this post:
BOBSZ06 (11-26-2016)

Quick Reply: Heated Seats