C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Noticeable hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 08:09 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by andreas g.
Really, you need to brush up on your manual transmission skills. My 16 Z m7 doesn’t bog at all. Hummm ??
I'm trying to understand why you would quote a post from 4.5 years ago just to talk trash about somebody's driving skills, rather than add some helpful advice to an honest question asked by a new owner.
Are you really that big of a tool?

Old 04-06-2021, 08:12 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by andreas g.
Really, you need to brush up on your manual transmission skills. My 16 Z m7 doesn’t bog at all. Hummm ??
Oh, and I just saw this shot, above. The 2016 Z06 M7 had the stumbling problem...it was a very well known, ugly problem, which GM refused to fix...probably because a retune of the engine would have been necessary, which would have caused a recertification with the Federal government and possibly even lower the Z06's stated MPG...the holy grail!
I'm not saying others didn't have the problem, but I am saying that one's skill with a manual transmission would not prevent this from happening....you don't need to be a Mario Andretti to drive an M7 properly. That above comment, learning how to better drive an M7, is clearly a bull **** statement.
The following 2 users liked this post by tzoid9:
B747VET (04-08-2021), Rookieracer (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 08:37 PM
grecoz06
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Thank you for the notes! I'm hopeful a tune will fix it. Today I experimented with blipping the throttle first and that did indeed help. But annoying. Also, seems smoothest when I can hold RPMS around 11-1200 while engaging the clutch, but that is proving challenging in the ZO6 for some reason, Too little throttle and it drops fast, a tad to much and it jumps over 1500.

I'm getting a tune, intake and xpipe, I'll report back!
Old 04-07-2021, 12:53 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 907 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by grecoz06
Thank you for the notes! I'm hopeful a tune will fix it. Today I experimented with blipping the throttle first and that did indeed help. But annoying. Also, seems smoothest when I can hold RPMS around 11-1200 while engaging the clutch, but that is proving challenging in the ZO6 for some reason, Too little throttle and it drops fast, a tad to much and it jumps over 1500.

Put one of my ported TB's on the car.....

There must be hundreds of threads documenting how a properly ported throttle body eliminates all (or most) of the lag inherent in LT1/LT4 engines running the OEM TB (its just more noticeable in manual trans cars)

The OEM TB on these cars is the worst design GM ever released on a production vehicle (in fact it was an inexpensive low performance truck TB that GM gave the nod to install on our high performance sports car engines....it wasn't even an OK design installed in a truck making half the power)

There are some good pics and good information here if you want to see what Im talking about. Make sure you check out my post which is #16 in this thread. That has the pictures Im referring to

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-the-dyno.html

I offer a 30 day money back guarantee.....if you dont feel it was worth every penny send it back to me but I assure you that wont be how this deal plays out!!

Cheers,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 04-07-2021 at 12:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jimmyz28 (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 08:06 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by grecoz06

Our 2017 Z was pretty much doing the exact same thing. Both surprising and annoying. After watching a variety of YouTubes on the same problem, I decided to follow the advice of several Z owners and installed an Attack Blue Dry Nano high flow filter. That was over a year ago and the lag & hesitation jumpiness has never occurred since. Car pulls much smoother in all ranges as well. $135. Strongly recommend.

Last edited by B747VET; 04-09-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:12 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 546 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by jcguy
I am a ZR1 owner and had the chance to drive a 7 speed Z06, what is with the bog or hesitation off idle? I've heard other new Z's doing the same. I really liked it other than the stumble off idle and what seemed like less low rpm power.
the fix is a ported TB and this
Pedal Commander Corvette C7 6.2L (2014-2019) Throttle Controller/Tuner – Redline360

does not void warranty.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:08 PM
Ryan Urbanski
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I did the solar throttle body and that eliminated some of the lag between pressing down the pedal and actual revs. So my next install was a BMS filter.

MY GOD what a unreal feeling. The car and pedal drives completely different! The throttle lag is no more. I don’t have to blip the throttle to 2k rpm to take off it’s literally night and day difference.

burger Motorsports has my word forever. That filter changed the car for the better! Only $90!!!!!
Oneslackr (08-28-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 12:14 AM
grecoz06
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I wanted to post my experience here, got and AFE intake, Tune and Corsa Performance NPP exhaust. Not sure which one fixed, but I'm good to go. Nice and smooth now, just like my stingray.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:07 PM
cptahab67
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Same Issue and as soon as I replaced the stock filter with the BMS version the lag is pretty much gone and the car idles much smoother..
I also noticed it does not run as rich at start up.. Time will tell.. best $ 100.00 fix.
Oneslackr (08-28-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 05:15 PM
MJC611
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Same here
Old 05-19-2023, 09:22 PM
bdeshaw
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Very noticable

Originally Posted by SharkgrayVetteZ06
Just picked up a 17' Z06 (A8) and I noticed this on the freeway. Yesterday on the freeway I slowed down to around 62 mph from 75 mph and I pressed the throttle very little and it felt weird. Felt like it was in 8th gear at really low rpm and it took a sec for it to start going. I've read a few threads that have said this is normal. My brother drove the car and he noticed it as well. Anybody know what's up?
I spent a grand on transmission flushes to attempt to combat the hesitation as suggested by a service bulletin............ did not do anything for the hesitation. At 80 mph with cruise set, when I approach an increase in elevation, the car will hesitate all the way up the hill...... very noticeable shudder feeling. I would like to know what others think as well.
Old 05-19-2023, 10:10 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 907 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by bdeshaw
I spent a grand on transmission flushes to attempt to combat the hesitation as suggested by a service bulletin............ did not do anything for the hesitation. At 80 mph with cruise set, when I approach an increase in elevation, the car will hesitate all the way up the hill...... very noticeable shudder feeling. I would like to know what others think as well.
Install one of my ported throttle bodies.....If you dont feel it was worth every penny I will refund your entire purchase.....freight and everything

Its a game changer.....you have 30 days to make sure you love it and I know you will

(If I wasn't confident that was the case I certainly couldn't offer the money back guarantee which you don't find a whole lot of in this industry!)

Check out this thread.....lots of good pictures to show you the improvements in it's shape and airflow and why it works so well

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e=pocket_saves

Here are two pictures that show you the dramatic improvements in the shape and flow of the TB.....Stock TB below with all its horrible steps and lips that upset and reduce airflow....especially at lower throttle positions

This is my ported V2 version pictured below with the machined throttle shaft.....no camera tricks I assure you.....LOL

This TB increases peak flow by over 20% and makes huge improvements in low RPM throttle response and tip in throttle which is what you had an issue with recently

It looks like a completely different part!!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 05-20-2023 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:06 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I bought 1 from Tony. Worked great, def was worth it.

Quick Reply: Noticeable hesitation