C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Anyone happy with ACS front mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:53 PM
jpbls
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Anyone happy with ACS front mudflaps

I know this has been talked about,read some people say they dont do much.Anyone like them?Need to buy guards.Was looking at Apsis,price seems excessive if its not much different than ACS

Last edited by jpbls; 08-24-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:07 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Yes, I really like mine. They pretty much stop the throwing of rocks at the car and I don't have side skirts. I'll leave the skirts for the ladies.
To be fair, I also switched to the Conti Extreme Contact DW tires and ditched the Michelin's. They were way too aggressive for the street.

Last edited by 1QUICK Z; 08-24-2016 at 07:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1QUICK Z:
Flyingscot (08-24-2016), jpbls (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

They are better than nothing but they don't stop all of the stuff flying back into the brake duct area. They need to be lower to stop the debris from hitting the brake duct and rear quarter. I have the Stage 3 Aero and the debris blows right by the side skirts (they are narrower at the front so don't really provide any protection.

Here is a picture showing what I mean.

This was taken with my iPhone camera lens located in the brake duct looking forward to the ACS guard and the front tire. The car is black the guards are black the side skirts are black and the tires are black so I used some green tape on the ACS guard to try and highlight the edge of the guard. The tire is sitting on a brown piece of Masonite. Debris leaves the tire on a tangent. The arrow points to the beginning of the tangential direct path to the camera lens from the bottom of the tire as it would rotate upward while rolling forward. The green line outlines the part of the tire that is visible from the camera lens. The triangular portion of the line at the bottom of the tire is the area that provides the sand blast. You can see that without the side skirt the tire would throw even more dirt so the guard does work but doesn't prevent all of the damage. If it was an inch and a half or maybe two inches lower it would do fine.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 08-24-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:05 PM
WV Vette
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you decide you want the ACS front mudflaps, I have a set in Carbon Flash that have never been installed. I bought them and they wouldn't fit with the Weapon X side skirts I had already installed. The side skirts extend into the wheel well about an inch and I would have to modify the flaps to try and make them fit. They are sitting on my tool box, I was going to return them but it seemed to be a hassle to try and send them back to Canada. Shoot me a PM if you have an interest.
The following users liked this post:
jpbls (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:15 PM
jpbls
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
They are better than nothing but they don't stop all of the stuff flying back into the brake duct area. They need to be lower to stop the debris from hitting the brake duct and rear quarter. I have the Stage 3 Aero and the debris blows right by the side skirts (they are narrower at the front so don't really provide any protection.

Here is a picture showing what I mean.

This was taken with my iPhone camera lens located in the brake duct looking forward to the ACS guard and the front tire. The car is black the guards are black the side skirts are black and the tires are black so I used some green tape on the ACS guard to try and highlight the edge of the guard. The tire is sitting on a brown piece of Masonite. Debris leaves the tire on a tangent. The arrow points to the beginning of the tangential direct path to the camera lens from the bottom of the tire as it would rotate upward while rolling forward. The green line outlines the part of the tire that is visible from the camera lens. The triangular portion of the line at the bottom of the tire is the area that provides the sand blast. You can see that without the side skirt the tire would throw even more dirt so the guard does work but doesn't prevent all of the damage. If it was an inch and a half or maybe two inches lower it would do fine.

Bill
Thanks for the detailed reply
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 546 Likes on 378 Posts

acs are better than gm mudguards,alittle wider but not ugly wide.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:23 PM
KnotZ06
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WV Vette
If you decide you want the ACS front mudflaps, I have a set in Carbon Flash that have never been installed. I bought them and they wouldn't fit with the Weapon X side skirts I had already installed. The side skirts extend into the wheel well about an inch and I would have to modify the flaps to try and make them fit. They are sitting on my tool box, I was going to return them but it seemed to be a hassle to try and send them back to Canada. Shoot me a PM if you have an interest.
I'll take em if they are still available, I take delivery of my z07 on Friday.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:08 PM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by lordofwar
Old 08-24-2016, 10:41 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 732 Likes on 482 Posts

I like mine. Look good and work well enough. With suntek down the door and rear quarter, no issues at all.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:15 PM
gve
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 204 Posts

Save your money and but these for $13.00 I had the ACS there not wide enough or long enough.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...that-work.html
Old 08-25-2016, 01:32 AM
gbmidyear66
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

I have ACS guards, XPEL on the rockers, black electrical tape to further protect the duct openings. I have no skirts. About 4,000 miles and the tape has taken a few hits - but everything else us pretty much unscathed.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:33 AM
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

I have GM splashguards (I didn't like the look of the wider ones), Xpel on the rockers (and elsewhere) and ACS sideskirts. I feel pretty well protected but I still see pebbles flying everywhere, especially on turns.

I am wondering if that will reduce when I switch to Contis, which I might do for the winter. Trying to decide if I want to swap tires on the factory wheels, or just buy another set of wheels and tires...
Old 08-25-2016, 07:53 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,122 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by gve
Save your money and but these for $13.00 I had the ACS there not wide enough or long enough.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...that-work.html
The O'Reilly guards come in 3 sizes (A, B & C). Which size did you buy and install please??
Old 08-25-2016, 02:34 PM
conlaurant
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lordofwar
Old 08-25-2016, 03:16 PM
Phillip50
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
C5 of the Month 7/13
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

My ACS have done well for the last 2,000 miles. The front splash guards, side skirts, plus some black electrical tape on the brake duct edges seems to do the job.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone happy with ACS front mudflaps

Quick Reply: Anyone happy with ACS front mudflaps