C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 Vs. Viper Curves

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 AM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Learn to read. I didn't call either car "superior". Each has their issues and to pretend otherwise is ignorant.
S.
You should learn to behave properly in public. You are making us Z06 owners look bad with the way you carry on here. Why are you even talking about issues when a man is comparing the curves of his toys?????? All he said was the paint was better in the viper and that doesn't mean the vette's paint is bad? Doesn't it? you need to learn how to behave and comprehend English

Last edited by JDMUSCLE; 08-11-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
You should learn to behave properly in public. You are making us Z06 owners look bad with the way you carry on here. Why are you even talking about issues when a man is comparing the curves of his toys?????? All he said was the paint was better in the viper and that doesn't mean the vette's paint is bad? Doesn't it? you need to learn how to behave and comprehend English
I didn't reply to the OP, I replied to a Viper troll.
And thanks for the dime-store analysis.
S.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:56 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

I didn't reply to the OP, I replied to a Viper troll.
And thanks for the dime-store analysis.
S.
They never give up, do they?

Since we are no longer talking about the C7Z, it's time for this thread to be moved to the other forum.

Mr. Moderator?
Old 08-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by sunsalem
They never give up, do they?

Since we are no longer talking about the C7Z, it's time for this thread to be moved to the other forum.

Mr. Moderator?
I have no problem with the Viper and agree that it has very nice paint. I commented as such in post #15.
But if you start talking about quality, you have to consider the entire car. And there is clearly a segment of Viper owners who are very sensitive when Gen V issues are mentioned...on a Corvette forum, no less. It's at a point where it's pretty acceptable to trash the Z06, but Viper is off-limits, lol.
They are both very good cars, and at the same time, both have their issues. Period.
S.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:13 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Seriously Tony, STFU. I don't need your "guidance" on how or when to comment.
S.
You sure have become a grumpy person since buying a C7. If you look back in this thread, you stirred the **** up...again.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Give it time we are only on page 1. Nasty comments should ensue shortly.

Didn't take long.
The following users liked this post:
Xanthophyll (08-13-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
That's the problem whenever Viper Vs. Vette threads startup...the hovering trolls descend.
total bs

it vette vs xxxxxx and it turns into a
The following users liked this post:
itaylorm (08-17-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 02:21 AM
mrbeautie
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
Incorrect. They are painted by Prefix. Saleen has nothing to do with Viper production. http://www.prefix.com/index/
See 2008 Viper Saleen paint, Prefix did the stripes also see Jalopnik. I do know things have changed, Saleen sold out that shop.

Last edited by mrbeautie; 08-12-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:41 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbeautie
See 2008 Viper Saleen paint, Prefix did the stripes also see Jalopnik. I do know things have changed, Saleen sold out that shop.
Understood. Yes, Saleen did paint Gen 4 body panels, while Prefix did the stripes. Gen 5's are all done in-house by Prefix now. Both shops did excellent work.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:00 PM
mrbeautie
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Elohim1
The Stryker Green color was extra , however all the Gen 5 vipers are wet sanded . I believe I read its 10-15 hours extra work. I traded this white one in on the green one. The paint was just as slick and it was a standard color. No orange peel whatsoever ! I have not seen a C7 that does not have slight to mild orange peel. Wish GM offered a "slick finish" on their Halo car, even if it was a chargeable option.

I agree, but a guy can always take his or her new car to his or her favourite body shop and be guaranteed a super slick paint job for less than GM or the Viper would offer. The cost difference in the two cars is not worth the extra money for good paint.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mrbeautie; 08-12-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:12 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

What a dimwitted view - typical of you too.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Flex182
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
Just looking at the front.. They look so similar...
Notice the huge wide gaps on the fit of the vipers front bumper,
Is it supposed to have that wide of a gap.? My wife actually made that observation. Could be the angle of the shot, not sure.

Last edited by Flex182; 08-12-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Elohim1
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree, but a guy can always take his or her new car to his or her favourite body shop and be guaranteed a super slick paint job for less than GM or the Viper would offer. The cost difference in the two cars is not worth the extra money for good paint.
If I remember correctly, the white viper pictured stickered under $90k, FYI.
The ACR E you have optioned to the hilt , is not a good comparison.

I am not a body man but I would think you would have to wet sand below the clear coat, to get to the paint which has the Orange peel. Then, I do not know how thick the paint would be after you sanded the high spots down to get it smooth.Once it is smooth a clear coat would need applied. I personally would not go thru the effort even if it was free because I believe a factory finish is more durable though I stand to be corrected.

Nevertheless, I believe with the lighter colors the Orange peel is less likely to show. White being the best .

95% of the people would never notice the OP on my Z06 or anyone else's. I do, because I have had the vipers.

All things being considered.IMHO, I believe the Z06 is the better bang for the buck.
They can sale them for less because they make over 30K corvettes a year and with the Viper, its less than 1500 a year, typically.

However, it is a fact that I get at least 2-3 times the amount of thumbs up,pictures,videos,car revs,etc.... with the Viper.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:38 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Flex182
Is it supposed to have that wide of a gap?
Normal.
It has a clamshell hood:

Old 08-13-2016, 05:07 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
You say this, but where are all the good deals on used gen 5 vipers? I dont see them out there. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots, but from what I see, people still want over (revised) MSRP for used 2014-16 vipers. And even the new ones seem to be priced over MSRP at the dealers.
and going up.. ive read capacity for '17 has almost been met. msrp+ time is near
Old 08-13-2016, 05:09 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

The paint on the Viper is really superior because they are all painted by Saleen.
no.. painted by prefix in auburn hills. ea one taking 140-160 man hours to paint. these cars have truely show quality paint... theyre brillant!
Old 08-13-2016, 07:33 AM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Flex182
Is it supposed to have that wide of a gap.? My wife actually made that observation. Could be the angle of the shot, not sure.
Hey Flex.. That's a clamshell hood, everything above the bumper opens up. To be honest the panel fit in my Viper is better than my Z06. I love them both though.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Vs. Viper Curves

Old 08-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
and going up.. ive read capacity for '17 has almost been met. msrp+ time is near
That's what I am hoping...in case Corvette comes out with something I absolutely must have with its coming ZR1 or C8...

The only thing that is always in back of my head with respect to owning a Viper is the fact that it is a Dodge. I've never been a mopar guy and something about having an $85,000 "Dodge" in the garage doesn't completely sit well with me. I overlooked that because I absolutely love everything else about it.

I've been keeping my eyes on the prices lately and I like what I am seeing.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:10 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Elohim1
If I remember correctly, the white viper pictured stickered under $90k, FYI.
The ACR E you have optioned to the hilt , is not a good comparison.

I am not a body man but I would think you would have to wet sand below the clear coat, to get to the paint which has the Orange peel. Then, I do not know how thick the paint would be after you sanded the high spots down to get it smooth.Once it is smooth a clear coat would need applied. I personally would not go thru the effort even if it was free because I believe a factory finish is more durable though I stand to be corrected.

Nevertheless, I believe with the lighter colors the Orange peel is less likely to show. White being the best .

95% of the people would never notice the OP on my Z06 or anyone else's. I do, because I have had the vipers.

All things being considered.IMHO, I believe the Z06 is the better bang for the buck.
They can sale them for less because they make over 30K corvettes a year and with the Viper, its less than 1500 a year, typically.

However, it is a fact that I get at least 2-3 times the amount of thumbs up,pictures,videos,car revs,etc.... with the Viper.
I'll correct you! The orange peel is in the clear TOP coat thus you can wet sand the orange peel out.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:46 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
That's what I am hoping...in case Corvette comes out with something I absolutely must have with its coming ZR1 or C8...

The only thing that is always in back of my head with respect to owning a Viper is the fact that it is a Dodge. I've never been a mopar guy and something about having an $85,000 "Dodge" in the garage doesn't completely sit well with me. I overlooked that because I absolutely love everything else about it.

I've been keeping my eyes on the prices lately and I like what I am seeing.
13's and 14's arent dodges if that would make ya happier.. they were thier own brand SRT.

Quick Reply: Z06 Vs. Viper Curves