C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Halltech and Tune results

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 01:41 PM
two-piece
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Colonel
Greg, on most forums I would agree with you. However, on this forum, without a doubt, some @$$hole will have something negative to say if you did. If and when I have any dyno sheets I won't be sharing them here for this reason. Too much disrespect and immaturity here to bother, IMO.

And yes, there have been many, many, many dyno sheets posted here before and after with the Halltech and AFE intakes. They work. Cheapest bang for the buck there is. I'll be getting a Halltech.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:41 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

And there will always be some @$$hole that will drink the Kool-aid, refusing to post actual proof - other than Dyno runs posted a year apart to show "gains". Add some headers, exhaust, new filters, better oil too while you're at it, and make another 5HP!!

Old 07-19-2016, 01:49 PM
two-piece
Instructor

Originally Posted by FastestBusaAround
And there will always be some @$$hole that will drink the Kool-aid, refusing to post actual proof - other than Dyno runs posted a year apart to show "gains". Add some headers, exhaust, new filters, better oil too while you're at it, and make another 5HP!!

Hey believe whatever you choose to. You act like I'm trying to sale you something. I could give a flying f@&k what you believe.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:54 PM
redrider4life1
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by two-piece
Hey believe whatever you choose to. You act like I'm trying to sale you something. I could give a flying f@&k what you believe.
There is a reason the lambo/gtr guys don't take these forums seriously. Half of the claims are not substantiated, almost every post over at GTRlife and the UGR forums has dyno sheets/time slips/vbox to back up everything.

Especially when you are making a claim that appears to be on the high side people want to see where the gains were made so they can maybe bring it to their tuner and try to get the same results.

It isn't always about believing the person, but actually wanting to get the full picture, because dynos are different everywhere and can very easily be manipulted.

In the end the only thing that will tell you how much power your car is making will be a 1/4 mile trap speed so bench racing off dynos really accomplishes nothing.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:13 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Have you been drinking today? YOU haven't seen the maybe, I will estimate low at 50 times
where people have posted DYNO sheets for Halltech intake installs.

They you act like a baboon? We all know the intake works and works very well! So intake and headers and and exhaust gains are all Koolaid?

Please go stay away from the bottle because you are EMBARRASSING
yourself!
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2016, 02:16 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Ok. We have entertained and attempted to answer your doubts about the CAI's in almost every thread that mentions them.

We get it you think the results are suspect.

Do you know something we don't know?

If so please post results showing before and after where there are little to no gains from a CAI. You ask all of these guys who have gone out of their way to show their results. How about you show us some results that contradict their claims?

I mean you state your opinion as if its fact so please humor us all and show us the results you are privy to that show otherwise.

We will all be waiting.

Last edited by dar02081961; 07-19-2016 at 02:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
3 Z06ZR1 (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 02:28 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by redrider4life1
There is a reason the lambo/gtr guys don't take these forums seriously. Half of the claims are not substantiated, almost every post over at GTRlife and the UGR forums has dyno sheets/time slips/vbox to back up everything.

Especially when you are making a claim that appears to be on the high side people want to see where the gains were made so they can maybe bring it to their tuner and try to get the same results.

It isn't always about believing the person, but actually wanting to get the full picture, because dynos are different everywhere and can very easily be manipulted.

In the end the only thing that will tell you how much power your car is making will be a 1/4 mile trap speed so bench racing off dynos really accomplishes nothing.
Dude. This is a Corvette forum. Do you think we give a flip what the GTR forum or the Lambo forum thinks about what we do here?

This is our house, anyone is welcome.
The opinion our guest form about us while visiting is what it is.
We are Vette folks we can handle a few haters it builds character.

What are they doing here anyway other than looking for intel so they can beat us.
Many of the folks here have provided at least 25 or 30 dyno's of what the CAI's have gained.
Yes there are outliers on the low side and high side.
But the folks that have a genuine interest in the results have plenty of data to make a decision with.

Last edited by dar02081961; 07-19-2016 at 02:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by dar02081961:
3 Z06ZR1 (07-19-2016), MRHTRD (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 03:22 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by redrider4life1

Lambo GTR Guys? Do they even have a forum? We have one here for our cars. Why would we care what they take "seriously"

Those guys are not even last on my "worry list"

Then the Dyno's can be manipulated? That's a laugh!
I would feel bad if I spend a small fortune on a Lambo then have to worry about my doors staying on the car when a Corvette blows them off!
Last GTR I messed with ended up a being a speck in my rear view mirror.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:43 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
530-540 is more inline for the A8's
The OP reported "605 whp, 635 tq."
By my 'rithmetic that's +75 hp and +95 lbs. for CAI & Tune.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:44 PM
two-piece
Instructor

So here's the dyno sheet. I didn't post it because the printer was messed up and really didn't care to much about it. But it shows before and after hp numbers. I actually had to go home and pull it out of the trash can to take this pic because it's just not that important to me.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:14 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Def within reason. I got +72 and +60ish on CAI, Stat, and Tune. AFE intake tho.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:25 PM
two-piece
Instructor

Originally Posted by sunsalem
There was no "ritmetic" to be done on tq numbers. I never posted before numbers on it.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:36 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by dar02081961
Ok. We have entertained and attempted to answer your doubts about the CAI's in almost every thread that mentions them.

We get it you think the results are suspect.

Do you know something we don't know?

If so please post results showing before and after where there are little to no gains from a CAI. You ask all of these guys who have gone out of their way to show their results. How about you show us some results that contradict their claims?

I mean you state your opinion as if its fact so please humor us all and show us the results you are privy to that show otherwise.

We will all be waiting.
Blah blah blah blah blah....

The following users liked this post:
phantasms (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 05:50 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Why not take 2 cars with the same equipment (transmission and interior package), one with an aftermarket airbox and one without, and then do a couple of highway roll-ons while starting in the same gear? This should only be done after both cars have at least 200 miles on them after any airbox change and/or a battery disconnection.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:06 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by two-piece
There was no "ritmetic" to be done on tq numbers. I never posted before numbers on it.
I was using his numbers of "530 and 540" as the baseline.

BTW, I wasn't doubting your gains at all.
I was just pointing out what an amazing power increase over stock.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:26 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Blah blah blah blah blah....

Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2016, 07:09 AM
Nadovedan
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Hahaha, love that meme. I love 4chan, great fun.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech and Tune results

Old 07-20-2016, 08:44 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I've been on the fence so long with this one. Some people who have it PM me and say don't get it. Others shout from the roof tops that it's the best thing they ever bought. The big concern is losing power after time. Someone came on here and made a very good argument about it explaining why some people lose power and others don't. Unfortunately because I drive my car in great air and drive it hard I'd be in the lose power camp. He says basically that if you're in good or cold air the car isn't tuned for the extra power and starts getting KR. After some KR is knocks down to a less powerful map. I race at Cecil in the Fall. That's about as good as you get for air. I'm concerned because I drive it all the time, even very cold days, and drive it hard I'll quickly KR to a softer map. However those in hot weather or at altitude wouldn't have this problem. For me, the most telling thing is looking at the fast list. If this truly made 50rwhp or whatever across the board the CAI cars would be faster than the stock cars...but it's not the case. Even ignoring for launch and looking at 1/8 to 1/4 differentials the CAI cars are no faster than the stock cars. Not in time and not in speed. Can a pro CAI intake guy please explain this detail to me? If I lived in Florida or in Colorado I'd have already pulled the trigger. But, for my situation, I'm not convinced. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Best,
Gene

Old 07-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Nadovedan
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
I've been on the fence so long with this one. Some people who have it PM me and say don't get it. Others shout from the roof tops that it's the best thing they ever bought. The big concern is losing power after time. Someone came on here and made a very good argument about it explaining why some people lose power and others don't. Unfortunately because I drive my car in great air and drive it hard I'd be in the lose power camp. He says basically that if you're in good or cold air the car isn't tuned for the extra power and starts getting KR. After some KR is knocks down to a less powerful map. I race at Cecil in the Fall. That's about as good as you get for air. I'm concerned because I drive it all the time, even very cold days, and drive it hard I'll quickly KR to a softer map. However those in hot weather or at altitude wouldn't have this problem. For me, the most telling thing is looking at the fast list. If this truly made 50rwhp or whatever across the board the CAI cars would be faster than the stock cars...but it's not the case. Even ignoring for launch and looking at 1/8 to 1/4 differentials the CAI cars are no faster than the stock cars. Not in time and not in speed. Can a pro CAI intake guy please explain this detail to me? If I lived in Florida or in Colorado I'd have already pulled the trigger. But, for my situation, I'm not convinced. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Best,
Gene

If you can't get 93, Torco is great solution for knock. I've seen Halltech recommend 93 on untuned if your having knock issues. Make sure you get the right filter as well.

Last edited by Nadovedan; 07-20-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:47 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default phantasms

UFO's and CAI's are two different subjects as you know.

The fast list as you mention definitely has weight (50 HP should kick @$$) and having people PM you about their own real world experiences of no gain or worst losing power should carry weight too. I think those people do not lay their results out here because of the reactions they will receive as shown in this thread.

If anyone has followed my experience trying various intake mods, I tell it like it is; sometimes with time slips.

Truth is the Gold Standard and I applaud your post.

PS: I use 93 octane all the time, it's all I use.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 07-20-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Halltech and Tune results