C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Actual modification results for procharged C7Z....Yet???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 05:30 PM
mitchg41
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Actual modification results for procharged C7Z....Yet???

Is there anyone that can confirm Crank, RWHP, Torque & actual ET Results for A8, 2016 C7Z with Procharger, Headers, Cam, & Meth mods??? Have friend that is considering this build but I encouraged him to seek out some actual results and other possible options/choices. He is considering F-1C Procharger, with medium grind on cam, LT Headers with pulley and plug changes, etc. Wondering if Centri Procharger is way to go or maybe should consider different SC and other build options.

Looking for supercharger change results for confirmation $$$ are spent wisely??? He understands tuner is key.

He is looking for 800+ RWHP and good ET times...

Any thoughts...
Old 03-20-2016, 05:43 PM
SpunkyQ8
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good that you bought it up. I am interested to see results on track/strip my self other than "dyno numbers"
The following 2 users liked this post by SpunkyQ8:
mitchg41 (03-21-2016), VictorBarron (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 08:36 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 251 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...er-740whp.html

I've been looking high and low for this information. A vendor summed it up best. 750whp and under its not worth the swap. I've only seen two procharged around that power and one won't shift out of 4th gear (A8) .. Would love to see some success stories to validate spending 10k.

Last edited by BooSSted; 03-20-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 PM
moon2605
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 130 Posts
Default be careful

it looks like you are trying to do your due diligence and that is a good thing. my buddy had his c7 z06 converted to a procharger. he has had nothing but problems. shop #1 put it on originally and had some hoses wrong oil or vacuum-not sure.blew oil everywhere. shop #2 corrected that and said part of his issue on lack of power was a cam. they added a cam and new tune, went to track and broke a belt during his first burnout. . back to shop # 2 for better belt . supposedly repaired and 800 plus HP. did not perform well at all. he was thinking the large hose that moves air slipped and was leaking reducing boost. back in shop now trying to get it ready and right for texas mile. car makes great HP on the dyno but I beat him at the track(drag strip ) with much less HP because my car stays together. it may be all to do with installer and tune but seems to be a big headache for him. engine bay looks great and car sounds fantastic but he is very frustrated right now. I hope to hear some good results with a shop name that I can share with him. good luck.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:55 PM
L Duncan
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by moon2605
it looks like you are trying to do your due diligence and that is a good thing. my buddy had his c7 z06 converted to a procharger. he has had nothing but problems. shop #1 put it on originally and had some hoses wrong oil or vacuum-not sure.blew oil everywhere. shop #2 corrected that and said part of his issue on lack of power was a cam. they added a cam and new tune, went to track and broke a belt during his first burnout. . back to shop # 2 for better belt . supposedly repaired and 800 plus HP. did not perform well at all. he was thinking the large hose that moves air slipped and was leaking reducing boost. back in shop now trying to get it ready and right for texas mile. car makes great HP on the dyno but I beat him at the track(drag strip ) with much less HP because my car stays together. it may be all to do with installer and tune but seems to be a big headache for him. engine bay looks great and car sounds fantastic but he is very frustrated right now. I hope to hear some good results with a shop name that I can share with him. good luck.
Vengeance is who I use and have been very pleased.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:01 PM
h3mpking
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

I know that the Yellow Procharged Z06 that was done by AMP did not make any full passes with success or speeds worthy of a Procharger at the Sulpher Springs half mile shootout. It was advertised as 1000 HP to the wheels. F1X with cam and the works..It sounded bad ***, but just did not seem to get up and go very fast. I beat it the first pass with my speed being 154 MPH, and the second pass The AMP C7 Z06 shop car with bolt ons and ported heads beat it.

Last edited by h3mpking; 03-20-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:18 PM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

All dyno queens so far. That AMP car is/was for sale a few months ago so it seems like they didn't even attempt to take it to the strip for whatever reason.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:34 PM
SpunkyQ8
Advanced

Originally Posted by CFHay
All dyno queens so far. That AMP car is/was for sale a few months ago so it seems like they didn't even attempt to take it to the strip for whatever reason.
Speaking of "dyno queens" here is a local example of a procharged Z making over 800 rwhp

View this post on Instagram

Then been beat by a stock McLaren mp12 not to mension that mp12s are pretty fast cars yet that thing shouldn't have stood a chance against the Z if those ponies where performing as they should be!

View this post on Instagram

We demand seeing drag strip/track numbers or even vbox comparison from any procharge vendor to prove otherwise that their system is performing as advertised...

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 03-20-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:00 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

There has to be belt slip holding back that car.

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Speaking of "dyno queens" here is a local example of a procharged Z making over 800 rwhp

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBDGOvdNAi6/

Then been beat by a stock McLaren mp12 not to mension that mp12s are pretty fast cars yet that thing shouldn't have stood a chance against the Z if those ponies where performing as they should be!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCjURK1IJ56/

We demand seeing drag strip/track numbers or even vbox comparison from any procharge vendor to prove otherwise that their system is performing as advertised...
Old 03-20-2016, 11:04 PM
SpunkyQ8
Advanced

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque
There has to be belt slip holding back that car.
I wish.. But then why didn't it slip on the dyno?
Old 03-20-2016, 11:08 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

due to prochargers losing a lot of torque low and mid end vs a roots set up the high numbers arent making up for it.

WHIPPLE 2.9 has a new blower out now that will fit under the corvette hood talking to them friday this is the unit they will work on to fit the z06s

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/ind...product_id=369

Last edited by NORCAL-SS; 03-20-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:10 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

CMS just posted this one on their FB - https://www.facebook.com/Cunningham-...9721579418404/
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2016, 01:15 AM
mitchg41
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BooSSted
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...er-740whp.html

I've been looking high and low for this information. A vendor summed it up best. 750whp and under its not worth the swap. I've only seen two procharged around that power and one won't shift out of 4th gear (A8) .. Would love to see some success stories to validate spending 10k.
Agreed, ET times and trap speeds are of great interest to me. Hate to spend 15k on car and have a car that has spent much less beat it to finish line... If others are using the procharger mod for half mile and mile runs over 1/8 & 1/4 mile runs, I can understand that...I would want to match the right parts to my performance goals. Maybe there is not a good roots/screw product available right now. If it was me I would prefer to wait until the market sorts it out by providing actual run time results.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:52 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dapopa9
CMS just posted this one on their FB - https://www.facebook.com/Cunningham-...9721579418404/

741 rwhp/646 tq... but what rpms are those numbers at. If oem blowers are getting high 600s pretty easy and off idle they are making over 600 at 2500 rpms and that procharger doesnt see 600 till 4000 rpms its going to lose. The low end torque of a modded z06 with stock blower modded is brutal. Even if procharger is making 60 more hp the area where the 60 hp comes in at top and the loss of low end torque if wont beat a basic bolt on z06.

i know the procharger guy here said they sold a lot of kits they cant keep them on the shelf.... so out of all those people no one has got 1/4 mile times?
Old 03-21-2016, 01:58 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by NORCAL-SS
741 rwhp/646 tq... but what rpms are those numbers at. If oem blowers are getting high 600s pretty easy and off idle they are making over 600 at 2500 rpms and that procharger doesnt see 600 till 4000 rpms its going to lose. The low end torque of a modded z06 with stock blower modded is brutal. Even if procharger is making 60 more hp the area where the 60 hp comes in at top and the loss of low end torque if wont beat a basic bolt on z06.

i know the procharger guy here said they sold a lot of kits they cant keep them on the shelf.... so out of all those people no one has got 1/4 mile times?

Glad someone gets this!!!
Area under the curve is brutal and makes for a faster setup..

Samething to a lesser degree on camshaft design... Big cam guys that lose races to cars with much smaller cams lol
Old 03-21-2016, 02:17 AM
mitchg41
Intermediate

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Glad someone gets this!!!
Area under the curve is brutal and makes for a faster setup..

Samething to a lesser degree on camshaft design... Big cam guys that lose races to cars with much smaller cams lol
My same concerns and thoughts on this. Why spend money to go backwards, car stock is 650/650. procharger states 40 to 50% increase in HP, but torque does not increase hardly at all, some losing torque. Same in big cam cars. Even the new edelbrock 2300 is deceiving. I would rather spend half the money getting 775RWHP and 775 to 800lbs torque to ground than having a 800 RWhp procharger that is only pulling 673 lbs of torque - there is a better way or will be a better way - market just needs to sort it out. I tend to be a repeat customer when I am satisfied goals my goals are met.

Thanks for input...
Old 03-21-2016, 02:32 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

from there tech guy here.

"Nobody ordering our swap system has any reason to mess around with low boost numbers. Actually EVERY single system that has been ordered/shipped so far has been for F-1A or larger head units, on 15psi of more boost. (One BETA left with a D1SC on 13psi, makes like 720rwhp, but he has already turned it up, and is currently adding a cam to turn it up more)"

Out of all the cars that have the procharger set up Fran here is the only one that made it to the track. 10.6@138 but had shifting problems. post here https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...arged-c7z.html

Last edited by NORCAL-SS; 03-21-2016 at 02:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mitchg41 (03-21-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Actual modification results for procharged C7Z....Yet???

Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

We actually have a A8 car scheduled for late April getting our Stage IV package, F1X system, and E85/meth. I will post up the results once we're finished up! Our manual cars make 1,050 - 1,075 on E85, and 950 - 980 on pump/methanol, but no track results as of yet.
The following users liked this post:
BooSSted (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 10:13 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by moon2605

Hmmmmm sounds like the folks doing the work were not familiar with what it takes to create a total engine system upgrade for his car. There is a lot more to it that just whipping on a SC and a tune---for most people to create a effective package integration is needed. Everything from the SC to the larger cooling tank for IC system E85 conversion etc...

Where the HP and TQ comes in and how smooth make all the difference in the world when it comes to hooking up! Been there and done that with a tougher application than any car will pose lol...
Old 03-21-2016, 01:23 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBDGOvdNAi6/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCjURK1IJ56/

That one is sick and needs help looks to not even have 700hp !

Quick Reply: Actual modification results for procharged C7Z....Yet???