C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 Z07 100+ hour detail by ESOTERIC. Article and Video!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 06:14 PM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 323 Posts

Absolutely OUTSTANDING Todd! Is it possible to take delivery from Rick Conti and just bring the car to you, or is there a "paint curing" timeframe?
Old 02-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Received 462 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Damn. Awesome thread and vid.

Big .
Thank you kindly!

The article / video has been picked up by AutoSpies.com, VetteTV.com, Corvetteblogger.com, GMAuthority.com, and CorvetteReport.com to name a few!

Also just 24 hours after the video and article was released, I was invited to show it at Amelia Island's Display of Exotics next month. So the car is now down in Florida between shows and I'll finally get it back mid-March.
HRE Wheels . Forgeline Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@esotericdetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube
Old 02-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Absolutely OUTSTANDING Todd! Is it possible to take delivery from Rick Conti and just bring the car to you, or is there a "paint curing" timeframe?
Thank you!

We've been doing a lot of that! I've got Z06's going out to MN, NY, AZ, FL, etc. We work directly with Rick Conte and the customer...once it comes to them for all of their checks and paperwork, then it comes over to us so we can do our thing. Rick and I try to make it as easy as possible for everybody involved.

There's no wait time / cure time needed between manufacturing and our work.

Just let us know how we can help!

Last edited by Esoteric Detail; 02-22-2016 at 06:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gurneyeagle (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 08:17 PM
corvettemonster
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

That's the craziest detail I've ever seen...in a good way!
Esoteric Detail (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 PM
doublenut9
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts

That was truly amazing. I did not know the you could do that much detailing. Truly a beautiful car and the workmanship is out of sight!
Esoteric Detail (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 09:04 PM
itsonlyairandfuel
Melting Slicks

Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts

What is the cost of this procedure? On a new ZO6. Thanks. Ron B.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,767 Likes on 4,190 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

I never get tired of watching video's from Esoteric Detail. You can really learn a LOT!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,577 Likes on 864 Posts

Beautiful work! Been doing what I call amateur detailing for over 35 years and always learning and watching your videos are great. Just bought a brand new rupes polisher myself and been working on my Z06 over the winter.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:25 PM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 139 Posts

I guess the single thing beyond the 100 hours spent doing the detail, was the realization that one would be paying someone to do, the 100 hours of detailing. What a capital investment. Not that I begrudge the Esoteric folks their due, but s**t that may be beyond what the bulk of Corvette owners want to invest in the appearance of their ride. JMHO, I would rather spend the $ on performance parts. And take pride in the DIY of my own detailing.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:06 AM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by corvettemonster
That's the craziest detail I've ever seen...in a good way!
Thank you! That's exactly the response we were going for when we did this job, and created the article and video...

Originally Posted by doublenut9
That was truly amazing. I did not know the you could do that much detailing. Truly a beautiful car and the workmanship is out of sight!
Thank you! This detail was done to showcase all of our services, and to kick off our new turnkey show-car creating / building division. There are a lot of people out there who want a one-of-a-kind show car that looks better than anything else they will come across. Based on the feedback we have received at the Cars on Fifth show in Naples a few weeks ago (over 40,000 people in attendance), the publicity we've received in the automotive media, and the fact that we were invited to display our Z06 amongst the 7-figure exotics at Amelia Island's Festivals of Speed...I think it's safe to say that we achieved our goals.

Originally Posted by itsonlyairandfuel
What is the cost of this procedure? On a new ZO6. Thanks. Ron B.
Ron,

By far our most popular service on new Z06's is our Ultimate New Car Prep at $3,995. At that level, we polish the paint, apply paint protection film to the entire front end, apply coating to the body and film, coat the wheels, calipers, and exhaust tips with high-temp coating, coat the windshield, and treat the interior. More details on this can be found here: http://news.esotericcarcare.com/c7-z...0-hour-detail/

If you wanted to replicate this build on a new Z06, including wheels, tires, exhaust, disassembly, etc...then we'd want to discuss it privately.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I never get tired of watching video's from Esoteric Detail. You can really learn a LOT!
Thanks, Steven!

Originally Posted by Redc7z06
Beautiful work! Been doing what I call amateur detailing for over 35 years and always learning and watching your videos are great. Just bought a brand new rupes polisher myself and been working on my Z06 over the winter.
Thank you, and glad to hear that you're able to pick up some useful information in our videos and articles...that is our goal!

Please keep in mind that we have a nice selection of professional-grade detailing products and tools on our EsotericCarCare.com website, and you can get a 15% discount using the code in my signature. We can also provide you with technical support and recommendations that nobody else can...

Originally Posted by foreverfuelie
I guess the single thing beyond the 100 hours spent doing the detail, was the realization that one would be paying someone to do, the 100 hours of detailing. What a capital investment. Not that I begrudge the Esoteric folks their due, but s**t that may be beyond what the bulk of Corvette owners want to invest in the appearance of their ride. JMHO, I would rather spend the $ on performance parts. And take pride in the DIY of my own detailing.
Please keep in mind that this work showcases all that is available in the world of detailing (and then some). Detailing is not an all-or-nothing proposition, and people may find that they are interested in certain areas showcased here, but not all of them. There are many out there who wish to have the absolute best looking example of their cars, and this complete article serves as a prime example of this.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:39 AM
fffttt1
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Extreme Detailing

Adjectives like awesome, stunning, amazing, etc........yeah I understand and appreciate the effort. It's still a car......just drive the darn thing
Old 02-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by fffttt1
Adjectives like awesome, stunning, amazing, etc........yeah I understand and appreciate the effort. It's still a car......just drive the darn thing
As stated in the article...you CAN have a highly detailed car that is regularly driven. The terms are not mutually exclusive.

Work like this protects the car and allows for hard driving, trackdays, etc...the cleanup becomes very easy at that point.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 AM
fffttt1
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Detail stuff

Point made.......it's all good ....
Originally Posted by Esoteric Auto Detail
As stated in the article...you CAN have a highly detailed car that is regularly driven. The terms are not mutually exclusive.

Work like this protects the car and allows for hard driving, trackdays, etc...the cleanup becomes very easy at that point.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:21 AM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Esoteric Auto Detail

Agree 100%.

For SOME of us, spending an extra $4K - $6K on a $100K+ car to get that level of protection and shine is worth it. I respect those that feel otherwise.

My 2015 Benz has the same level of orange peel that's been shown by C7 owners on this forum, as does my wife's Audi. As daily drivers, that's not as big a concern to my OCD self.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:43 PM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by fffttt1
Point made.......it's all good ....

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Agree 100%.

For SOME of us, spending an extra $4K - $6K on a $100K+ car to get that level of protection and shine is worth it. I respect those that feel otherwise.

My 2015 Benz has the same level of orange peel that's been shown by C7 owners on this forum, as does my wife's Audi. As daily drivers, that's not as big a concern to my OCD self.
There's obviously plenty of people out there like you...otherwise we wouldn't keep the lights on in our shop!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:59 PM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Todd,

Have you considered taking your detail academy idea and repackaging it for enthusiast DIYers? If you offered a subscription service for tutorial articles and videos, I think you could build quite a large customer base. I consider myself an experienced amateur detailer and I would pay to learn how you do it via step-by-step videos.

Just a thought.

A few additional questions (again that could be packaged into a video):

1) Since you do not sand it out, how do you deal with excessive orange peel? Do you have products that help fill in the valleys and reduce the effect?

2) Do you offer a document on application of Gyeon products?

3) You spent time polishing the carbon flash pieces on the Z06, Can you provide more details on the process and products?
Old 02-23-2016, 06:01 PM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I saw this car posted a few days ago and was stunned. Looked back again and I'm floored. Truly. This gives Torch Red color a whole new life...and LOOK. A whole new character.

As good a car as the C7 is, one of the main complaints has often been the paint/finish. Not after Esoteric does their craftsmanship. The Torch Red now looks Ferrari-like both in color tone and finish quality. BRAVO. Would it be worth it to me? Absolutely.
YMMV.
Esoteric Detail (02-23-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Z07 100+ hour detail by ESOTERIC. Article and Video!

Old 02-23-2016, 08:07 PM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Esoteric- is there a way to extend the avg life expectancy of Gyeon on the paint, such as perhaps doubling-up on the coatings under the final coat? I hadn't heard of Gyeon products before, and am just getting up to speed on the ceramic coatings. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:51 AM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by bob53
Todd,

Have you considered taking your detail academy idea and repackaging it for enthusiast DIYers? If you offered a subscription service for tutorial articles and videos, I think you could build quite a large customer base. I consider myself an experienced amateur detailer and I would pay to learn how you do it via step-by-step videos.

Just a thought.

A few additional questions (again that could be packaged into a video):

1) Since you do not sand it out, how do you deal with excessive orange peel? Do you have products that help fill in the valleys and reduce the effect?

2) Do you offer a document on application of Gyeon products?

3) You spent time polishing the carbon flash pieces on the Z06, Can you provide more details on the process and products?
Thank you! We do have an enthusiast-level detailing class we have at our facility, but we have yet to take it to the next level like you are describing. It is a very good idea that you have, and one that we need to look into. I would really like to provide that type of education to those interested in taking their skills to the next level.

As for your questions:

1. We don't share the details of our specialty process on the Corvette, but I can tell you that we do not use any type of fillers that would level it out. This process is extremely laborious, and without the proper skill set and measuring equipment like we have, we wouldn't even recommend it to other detailers.

2. All of the Gyeon products come with instructions in the kits, and they also have videos available for most of them. One of the things we really like about their products is that they are very user-friendly. And since we use them on a daily basis, we can provide all the technical support necessary.

3. We did sand the side skirts, splitter, spoiler, etc and then polished them out. For areas like the hood vent and vents on the rear quarter panels, we did a multi-stage polishing utilizing Scholl's S3 Gold compound with Meg's microfiber cutting discs, and Sonax Perfect Finish polish with Rupes finishing pads. All products are available through our EsotericCarCare.com website.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
I saw this car posted a few days ago and was stunned. Looked back again and I'm floored. Truly. This gives Torch Red color a whole new life...and LOOK. A whole new character.

As good a car as the C7 is, one of the main complaints has often been the paint/finish. Not after Esoteric does their craftsmanship. The Torch Red now looks Ferrari-like both in color tone and finish quality. BRAVO. Would it be worth it to me? Absolutely.
YMMV.
Thank you for such a kind and positive reply! For as good as the car looks in the article and video, it actually looks much better in person. There are certain aspects of what we do that you simply cannot capture in photos or video. When we had this car on display down in Naples a few weeks ago for their Cars on Fifth show (500 cars...mostly exotics), we had many people tell us that our Z07 was by far the best looking vehicle there.

We have a LOT of Z06 work lined up this spring, so be sure to watch out for our future posts!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:58 AM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Esoteric- is there a way to extend the avg life expectancy of Gyeon on the paint, such as perhaps doubling-up on the coatings under the final coat? I hadn't heard of Gyeon products before, and am just getting up to speed on the ceramic coatings. Thanks!
Yes you can. First off, Gyeon markets their products in a novel way...they give realistic expectations, not far-fetched, perfect-world claims. Some of the claims being made by other manufacturers is horrible, and very bad for the business and industry.

You want to be sure that the car is maintained properly using the right shampoos and their sacrificial-layer maintenance spray (Cure). No harsh chemicals, no quick detailers, no waxes...

If you lay down several coats of Gyeon Mohs for instance, you would follow their recommended maintenance procedures, then after a year and a half or two, you can use Gyeon Booster. This is a secondary coating designed to prolong the life of the base coating you already applied.

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Z06 Z07 100+ hour detail by ESOTERIC. Article and Video!