C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Let's share dealer information and stop being taken

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,992 Likes on 1,149 Posts

Originally Posted by a striper
I think the situation is a little too dynamic to give reliable guidance. I don't believe that a dealer always sells it's inventory at the same markup percentage. The time of year and sales performance of the current month comes into play in pricing. At the end of the day I'm only concerned about the deal I get not the price reputation of the dealer. The Z07 my wife picked up two weeks ago sat for almost three months at the dealer with a huge markup over MSRP. They claim they sold it to her for invoice (my sourced show the price at slightly above).

The internet lets us know what can be achieved. I've used that data to approach any dealer who has a car I'm interested in within a radius I'm willing to travel. A dealer with a reputation for good deals is a great place to start but not the only place that will give a good deal.

Absolutely true. There are a lot of factors that go into the deal, incentives, bonuses.......etc etc.

Just because someone gets a great deal does not insure the next guy will.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:19 PM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 764 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by JHEBERT
Out of curiosity, who was your salesman and was there a "market adjustment " sticker in the window?

I have bought vettes there since Sewell closed sometime post Katrina.
But my buddy in horsepower crime went there from Sewell so I feel comfortable there.

Again, I personally have never had an issue with them.
I didn't go. There was an ad online for the car and I clicked on it and it had the market adjustment.

I called and the salesman confirmed it. It was one of the Laguna Blue limited edition cars with the $8000 luggage option.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:05 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by GOLD72
History always repeats itself. I too expect the market to soften and I predict there will be discounting to move the Z06s next year. ~8200 2015 Z06s were built which far exceeds the total 5 year production of C6 ZR1s. Discounting always kicks in as the generation ages.
Demand is far higher for the Z06 than the Zr1.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:44 AM
HDLARRY
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Ordered a 2016 Z06 Vert at MSRP and also received a very fair trade-in price for my 09 Z06. Purchased from RimRock Chevrolet in Laurel Montana. They did have a $500 paperwork charge but I was able to get them to drop that off. They have an allocation of about 40 more Z06's for 2016 that are looking for homes. I think this is the reason they are trying to move them at MSRP or better. None of my local dealers had allocations available or they wanted substantially over MSRP for anything they had on their lot.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:59 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

As of yesterday, Stone in Tulare has a Laguna Blue 3LZ for $2k under sticker. That's what they're asking, anyway.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:51 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

You let us know you got a "deal". Now, can you tell us if you recommend the dealer and where is he? Best
Originally Posted by george vee
I paid 1k under msrp and also used 3k in GM card money, for my 2015 A8 3LZ Z06 in April. The dealer also gave me great money on my 2 trades, 2014 C7Z51 and 2011 Honda Pilot. I actually walked out with the Z06 and a check, never did that before.

Does anyone know what the actual cost to the dealer is for the 2016 Z06?
Old 09-09-2015, 10:54 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Thank you. It seems very few of us either know dealers or answer the question. Your post should be helpful to someone. Best
Originally Posted by HDLARRY
Ordered a 2016 Z06 Vert at MSRP and also received a very fair trade-in price for my 09 Z06. Purchased from RimRock Chevrolet in Laurel Montana. They did have a $500 paperwork charge but I was able to get them to drop that off. They have an allocation of about 40 more Z06's for 2016 that are looking for homes. I think this is the reason they are trying to move them at MSRP or better. None of my local dealers had allocations available or they wanted substantially over MSRP for anything they had on their lot.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:09 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by RBK
You let us know you got a "deal". Now, can you tell us if you recommend the dealer and where is he? Best
I can't recommend the dealer because he had one Z06 allocation, a small upstate NY dealer specializing in trucks.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Understand. My hope is, we provide a list of reputable dealers. Some of us have bought more than one car from a dealer, and with this experience can comment. This might help those looking now and for those considering a C 8. For example, knowing a trusted dealer in their area, they could begin a conversation and periodically visit, to keep up to date with what is going on.. If/when deciding to purchase, at least they could rely on the dealer to be truthful about allocations and pricing at that time. Best

Originally Posted by george vee
I can't recommend the dealer because he had one Z06 allocation, a small upstate NY dealer specializing in trucks.

Last edited by RBK; 09-09-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:38 PM
66rag427
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Msrp 2016

For mid westerners, Dunn Chevrolet in Toledo, Oh gave me a good deal under MSRP. We haggled finally reached a good price. I drove it away.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Making a deal on an ordered car has an added benefit from buying one from stock if the car is sitting outside in whatever weather waiting to be sold.

On the other hand if the car is kept inside in a controlled environment as some dealers have the reserved space to do so, it is nice to be able to take a close look at what you are getting ready to spend your money on before doing so.

I have heard of "right to refuse" if something is not acceptable on an ordered car but that would be a real bummer after patiently waiting only to have to go home without it
Old 09-09-2015, 02:24 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Thanks, I am, sure someone will benefit from your experience. Best
Originally Posted by 66rag427
For mid westerners, Dunn Chevrolet in Toledo, Oh gave me a good deal under MSRP. We haggled finally reached a good price. I drove it away.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:28 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Robert Green Chevrolet, Monticello NY, a reputable dealer . That's Robert Green with the thumbs up

Originally Posted by RBK
Understand. My hope is, we provide a list of reputable dealers. Some of us have bought more than one car from a dealer, and with this experience can comment. This might help those looking now and for those considering a C 8. For example, knowing a trusted dealer in their area, they could begin a conversation and periodically visit, to keep up to date with what is going on.. If/when deciding to purchase, at least they could rely on the dealer to be truthful about allocations and pricing at that time. Best

Last edited by george vee; 09-09-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:35 PM
howl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling IL( suburb of Chicago ) is great
Old 09-09-2015, 09:54 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Ordered a 2016 Z06 From Stingray Chevrolet Sean McCann The first week of July car arrived at the dealership August 27th I could not pick it up until September the 5th No issues at all. Sean never took a deposit Very easy to deal with and gave me $2500 off MSRP and no added BS on the deal. The dealership is like going to a car show so many beautiful rides. Will buy from again.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:10 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bob53
It's amazing to me how many people buy this BS re: the rarity of the C7 Z06. Look at the 2015 production totals - 25% of all 2015 corvettes produced were Z06's!!! Once demand is satisfied (I suspect the 2016 MY will be the tipping point) discounts will be more plentiful.
That 25% is only because they weren't being produced for the full model year. In actuality 40% of all current production has been committed to Z06's since they started making them. My local dealer who sells quite a few vettes says the pent up demand is mostly gone and they will be ordering in units to put on the showroom floor and hopefully sell them that way. But make no mistake about it at 1400 Z's a month being built now the price will be dropping thousands later in the 16' model year. Already a smart shopper can get a Z near or at invoice if he is willing to look around a bit.

There will be some more pent up demand to satisfy once GMS is offered during the 16' model year, but after that we are talking about a $100,000 Chevy with well documented issues that need to be addressed sooner than later. If GM goes into 2017 production without having fixed some of these same perpetual problems that keep popping up on the board all the time then dealers will have Z's piling up on the lots. That's a ton of money being tied up even in just a few cars.

History with the C6 Z06 and ZR1 shows that these supercars end up being heavily discounted after roughly 18-24 months into production. When winter hits and sales drop off a cliff you will be able to order a new Z for invoice from many dealers, but for now many are still getting away with charging more. The MSRP price game by the big dealers won't last though, never has and this time will be no execption
Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,121 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
............... The MSRP price game by the big dealers won't last though, never has and this time will be no execption
What I am counting on for next year!!

Get notified of new replies

To Let's share dealer information and stop being taken

Old 09-10-2015, 11:13 AM
sammyv
Drifting

Received 183 Likes on 140 Posts

Bought a 2016 cpe Z07 in Indianapolis on labor day at invoice
Old 09-10-2015, 11:20 AM
0Brent@StasekChevy
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by howl
Bill Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling IL( suburb of Chicago ) is great
Thanks for the kind mention

We are one of the largest Vette dealers in the country with a dedicated Corvette sales team to take care of our guests, we know every shopper hates walking in and knowing more about the car than the guy trying to sell it. Plus we try to make the sales process a fun and memorable one since a Corvette is quite a bit different than a Cruze.

On the service side we've got one of the best service departments with two certified master Corvette techs holding a combined 25+ years of experience.

We also have free hand washes 6 days a week for life and if you live within 50 miles of the dealer we have free pick up and delivery with an enclosed trailer for the lifetime you own the Vette if service needs ever arise. We'd much rather travel the distance to you to make sure your Vette is properly taken care of instead of a dealer that doesn't know what a dry sump oil system is.

Have a great day -

Brent
Old 09-10-2015, 11:51 AM
ZoratZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 959 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent@StasekChevy
Thanks for the kind mention

We are one of the largest Vette dealers in the country with a dedicated Corvette sales team to take care of our guests, we know every shopper hates walking in and knowing more about the car than the guy trying to sell it. Plus we try to make the sales process a fun and memorable one since a Corvette is quite a bit different than a Cruze.

On the service side we've got one of the best service departments with two certified master Corvette techs holding a combined 25+ years of experience.

We also have free hand washes 6 days a week for life and if you live within 50 miles of the dealer we have free pick up and delivery with an enclosed trailer for the lifetime you own the Vette if service needs ever arise. We'd much rather travel the distance to you to make sure your Vette is properly taken care of instead of a dealer that doesn't know what a dry sump oil system is.

Have a great day -

Brent
Impressive!! I'm nowhere near IL, but it's nice to hear that dealers are taking care of their customers!! Well done!

Quick Reply: Let's share dealer information and stop being taken