C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Halltech's Stinger-RZ GEN 2 RECORD TORQUE DYNO PULL

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 07:44 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech's Stinger-RZ GEN 2 RECORD TORQUE DYNO PULL

You have all seen the +45 to 55 RWHP numbers generated by our Stinger-RZ GEN2, we now have over 14 dynos from independent shops, some that have never in the past done business with Halltech, that have hit between 44 and 54 RWHP on the chassis dyno. One engine dyno was +60.

This is from Scoggin-Dickey, Halltech's largest GM Chevrolet dealer, and this is their third dyno done with our plastic Stinger-RZ GEN2. There first dyno was +48 RWHP.

Unfortunately they did not do a baseline pull for their customer Mike P. but his final numbers match the recent pulls done by Andy at A&A Corvette in Oxnard, CA. I will post Andy's pull first for reference and note the Halltech intake only pull before and after. The after is within .5% of Mike's numbers. Remember, A8s have a 20% DLL vs. around 12%-15% for the M7.

This would make Mike's numbers around 48 RWHP using the same base. That is not unusual and really not a valid way of showing dyno numbers, but look at the TORQUE!!! 660 lb-ft. This is an A8 on 91 Octane. The DLL for an automatic is 20%. Do the math.

Andy's pulls on a A8 on 91 Octane:

+44 RWHP/ 41 lb-ft.

Now here is Mike's pull with an A8, with 1200 miles, on 91 Octane:

All three dynos are with the Halltech Stinger-RZ, and no tuning or any other mod. One single bolt on.

In case you think that Andy's dyno show's low pulls, here is a second A8 done a few days before the first one above:

+50 RWHP/ 43 lb-ft.

I was told by all dyno shops that our intake makes boost over stock, it also causes the throttle body to open to 100% vs. 35% which is what some tuners go after with tuning according to Geiger Cars. Air fuel ratio is dead nuts on the best power (safe power) and the parasitic power loss to vacuum is recouped with our intake as well.

One more point. The high vacuum signal of the stock intake, caused by extreme restriction to flow is part of the problem on the track with overheating in my thinking. When the SC has to fight against the huge parasitic loss caused by the extra vacuum signal (remember the filter used by GM is the same exact filter and airbox as the LT1) would cause much of the overheating, the way the AC does, only much more.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 07-31-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:51 PM
TON C7S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That is amazing! Do you know if your intake will fit with the Callaway package? Have you found another company to make the CKNZ molds yet?
Old 07-31-2015, 08:01 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default So still less than 12.5AFR!

Originally Posted by Halltech
Air fuel ratio is dead nuts on the best power (safe power) and the parasitic power loss to vacuum is recouped with our intake as well.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Great results, Jim. I want a CF unit when I get my C7!

Jim
Old 07-31-2015, 09:03 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

I love my Halltech intake on my Z06!
Old 07-31-2015, 09:04 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been extremely happy with my purchase!
Old 07-31-2015, 09:30 PM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18.'19

Originally Posted by TON C7S
That is amazing! Do you know if your intake will fit with the Callaway package? Have you found another company to make the CKNZ molds yet?
Would you throw off your Callaway tune by making this change? Honest question, I am curious also since I am interested in the Callaway package myself.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:41 PM
jewelblue
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When are the Stinger RZ Z06 Gen 2's going to be available. I check back fairly regularly on your website, but they are always Out of Stock.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:08 PM
Rguy271
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

How do we explain why the stock intake is so awful.

This much power from just an intake, is unprecedented isnt it?
Old 08-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by shayneusmc
Would you throw off your Callaway tune by making this change? Honest question, I am curious also since I am interested in the Callaway package myself.
No, the Callaway package is tried and true.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:09 AM
TON C7S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

No, the Callaway package is tried and true.
Will your intake fit with the Callaway package?
Old 08-01-2015, 12:26 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Rguy271
How do we explain why the stock intake is so awful.

This much power from just an intake, is unprecedented isnt it?
The filter is not restrictive to flow on the stock LT1, and our intake only makes +14 to +19 on that platform.

Imagine the pulleys and rotors that the engine turns at 20,000 rpm. Restricting the flow through the LT1 filter and small airbox assy, creates tremendous heat just to run the supercharger under extreme vacuum. Why do we turn off the AC when we race? Loss of HP, and additional heat from parasitic loss. Horsepower lost from a supercharger is around 20%. So it takes around 800 HP to net 640 hp with a supercharger. It is called efficiency. Some of the newer Eatons consume less power than the older versions.

Unprecedented and totally unexpected. I would love to take credit for all of this, but I designed the intake with laminar airflow in mind, and was hoping for 25 HP. Katech was the first dyno our Alpha prototype, and busted their seams with +28 RWHP. Just a touch of a tune bumped it to 35+. That prototype was way too lean, which we corrected right away, and shipped one to Geiger Cars in Germany, and one to Smokey's dyno in Ohio. Geiger went ballistic with +60 PS, or 59 HP on their engine dyno. No tuning. Smokey's dyno pounded out +51.4 RWHP on their first Z06. Keizer tuning in MAF blazed 53 RWHP on their dyno. The numbers keep coming in.

We've been told that our intake makes more slightly more hp than the stock intake without the filters installed, and more boost that the stock intake with a small undersize pulley. Lots of surprises. If you want to save $600, you can take out your stock filter and run that way.

Water temps for our Z06 driven by professional Cadillac Racing driver Andy Pilgrim, Jason Harding and Jimmy Painter came into the pits with 218F water temps, and none of the other too cars at the track with our intake overheated.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:27 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by TON C7S
Will your intake fit with the Callaway package?
Check with Chris.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by jewelblue
When are the Stinger RZ Z06 Gen 2's going to be available. I check back fairly regularly on your website, but they are always Out of Stock.
We have 20 in stock, but 7 backorders. We have sold 250 since March, so stock is near impossible. We're selling around 5 to 6 per day.

We have pleanty of dry filters and high flow filters. Order the high flow filter (no tuning needed) and for $39.00 we'll add the dry filter to your order.

Order now and it will go out this coming week. The Gen 2. Hand ported velocity stack, blended into the intake tube.

PCV nipple remote in the hump hose collar.

5 mm Larger velocity stack i.d. (106mm)

Will not void your warranty.

Better mileage.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Chrjones2
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

What filter comes stock with the kit? Is it the 589cfm synthetic?

If we plan no other mods except the stinger, is that all we need to order?

Thanks
Old 08-01-2015, 01:47 AM
rectifyer2000
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

We have 20 in stock, but 7 backorders. We have sold 250 since March, so stock is near impossible. We're selling around 5 to 6 per day.

We have pleanty of dry filters and high flow filters. Order the high flow filter (no tuning needed) and for $39.00 we'll add the dry filter to your order.

Order now and it will go out this coming week. The Gen 2. Hand ported velocity stack, blended into the intake tube.

Better mileage.
I don't even have the car yet but I want this. I'm a little confused at the difference in performance between the carbon fiber unit, plastic unit and the filter options. Your "high flow" filter sounds like it's max performance, but isn't this the one that does NOT require a tune? If so, is it the dry filter that actually offers max performance and works better WITH a tune?

Ultimately, I will add exhaust and tune the vehicle, so I'm looking to get the unit and filter that will allow maximum airflow/HP. However, at first I just want to bolt it on and enjoy it for a while, prior to doing any tuning. What is your recommendation?
Old 08-01-2015, 07:51 AM
jewelblue
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same boat as rectifyer2000 (picking up my car on Monday and just want to enjoy it with no tuning for awhile), but I know I want two things before I purchase so I get the right unit. (1) You state "no tune" here for the high/super flow 689 that comes with the Stinger Z Gen 2. So technically it seems like neither one (high/super/689 or the BloodOrange/dry/589) needs a tune. Is this correct? If so, then would the only real reason to run the dry element purely because of very occasional maintenance to oil the high/super/689 filter? I appreciate the $39 offer, but no need to get it if this is merely a question of occasional maintenance. (2) Aside from the great looks, is the only other benefit of the original Carbon Fiber unit its heat soak protection? Furthermore, is it even available anymore (it appears to have disappeared from your website)?

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech's Stinger-RZ GEN 2 RECORD TORQUE DYNO PULL

Old 08-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Bad Dad
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Better mileage.
I WANT TO ORDER ONE in carbon fiber both filters, I only see the plastic one on line help PLEASE.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Bad Dad
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike's C6
I WANT TO ORDER ONE in carbon fiber both filters, I only see the plastic one on line help PLEASE.
FOUND IT
Old 08-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

We have discontinued all carbon fiber products at this time. We will probably have the CKNZ back this fall.

The high flow filter has always been the filter that comes with the Stinger-RZ. All testing, dynos, etc. have been done with that filter. The dry filter is slightly more efficient at the cost of a few horsepower.

We will have a special going today on our website that offers the second filter for $49.00 when purchased along with the Stinger-RZ.

Quick Reply: Halltech's Stinger-RZ GEN 2 RECORD TORQUE DYNO PULL