C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Halltech's Stinger-RZ GEN 2 RECORD TORQUE DYNO PULL

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I agree that it would be nice to see some quarter mile before and after runs. As soon as one of our customers decides to make those numbers available, we will post them. Most of our customers are not into racing from what I have seen. Vengeance Racing has results with our intake, but not a side by side before and after since our intake is just a part of the whole package they offer.

There are no drag strips anywhere in Wisconsin or within 200 miles that I know of, besides the fact that no one on the forum would believe our results.

For those folks that just ordered this last week, thank you.

We have stock, but not enough help. I am hiring two more guys this week, and changing shop locations to a bigger shop.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 08-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Brio
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

May be a silly question: just got my Z and am impressed with the numbers. How easy is this to install? Last CAI I installed was on my C5 and had to take the whole front end off... Any need for a lift with this? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2015, 06:54 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 802 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Check out the install instructions on Halltech's website.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive installed the Gen 1 and Gen 2. Its not all that hard but it takes a bit of time the first time only because your not sure what you are doing and you want to do it correctly. Id say the hardest part for me was adding the extension hose. Its not hard but just taking your time not to break a plastic fitting. No you do not need a lift. I have a lift and you don't use it for any reason. Like others said just follow the directions and watch the video. This is a #1 mod.

Originally Posted by Brio
May be a silly question: just got my Z and am impressed with the numbers. How easy is this to install? Last CAI I installed was on my C5 and had to take the whole front end off... Any need for a lift with this? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Brio
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:14 PM
DAVE278
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered for my 15 Zo6. Hope it doesn't take long to ship to Canada!! Can't wait to try this out.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Bmbarney
Ive installed the Gen 1 and Gen 2. Its not all that hard but it takes a bit of time the first time only because your not sure what you are doing and you want to do it correctly. Id say the hardest part for me was adding the extension hose. Its not hard but just taking your time not to break a plastic fitting. No you do not need a lift. I have a lift and you don't use it for any reason. Like others said just follow the directions and watch the video. This is a #1 mod.

The intake can actually be installed in 5 minutes since we assemble it completely for you. The engine bay preparation is about an hour of work, and somewhat tedious. What happens occationally, is the shop that goes to install our intake thinks that they can bypass the prep, and guess what?

Not enough room to install our oversize airbox (plenum) I had a carbon fiber intake returned for that very reason. I talked with the installer for 30 minutes and could not figure out why he could not make it fit. This was our last CKNZ and of course problems.

Refunded the customer, and got the intake back pristine as if it had never been installed. Plus the hose that must be changed from the radiator to the t-fitting was never installed, and the lower zip tie not used to push the large hose over. The intake will not fit at all without these simple changes. I installed it on our Z06 since we had previously sold our system. Took 5 minutes.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Rumba
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Halltech

The intake can actually be installed in 5 minutes since we assemble it completely for you. The engine bay preparation is about an hour of work, and somewhat tedious. What happens occationally, is the shop that goes to install our intake thinks that they can bypass the prep, and guess what?

Not enough room to install our oversize airbox (plenum) I had a carbon fiber intake returned for that very reason. I talked with the installer for 30 minutes and could not figure out why he could not make it fit. This was our last CKNZ and of course problems.

Refunded the customer, and got the intake back pristine as if it had never been installed. Plus the hose that must be changed from the radiator to the t-fitting was never installed, and the lower zip tie not used to push the large hose over. The intake will not fit at all without these simple changes. I installed it on our Z06 since we had previously sold our system. Took 5 minutes.
Jim, what's the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2?
Thanks
Paul
Old 08-03-2015, 08:42 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

Doing jeRemys ram air mod to bring more air to this intake helps out a lot also
Old 08-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by NORCALSS
I have not given up on the ram air idea. Just no time left in the day.

I'm sure his mod works. Jeremy knows what he is doing. Many years ago we collaborated on tuning the C6. (2004-05)
Old 08-03-2015, 10:15 AM
arturox2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumba
Jim, what's the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2?
Thanks
Paul
I believe the answer is at post #40.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:37 AM
408sbc
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Dyno numbers are indeed impressive. I would like to see (on average) what the stock AFR plot looks like bone stock and then what it looks like with only the Halltech airbox installed with stock tune. Guessing we will see a leaner AFR with the Halltech intake but "within an acceptable/safe range"(?). I have heard others say that the stock tune AFR "runs fat" - but again, that is an opinion. Even though there may be no tune involved, might GM claim the a leaner-than-stock AFR condition may contribute to a failure and try to stand that ground on a warranty claim? I am very interested in the Halltech, but as many others, do not want to risk my factory warranty. Maybe this has been discussed, but I can't find it in other threads that I have searched.........
Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 408sbc
Dyno numbers are indeed impressive. I would like to see (on average) what the stock AFR plot looks like bone stock and then what it looks like with only the Halltech airbox installed with stock tune. Guessing we will see a leaner AFR with the Halltech intake but "within an acceptable/safe range"(?). I have heard others say that the stock tune AFR "runs fat" - but again, that is an opinion. Even though there may be no tune involved, might GM claim the a leaner-than-stock AFR condition may contribute to a failure and try to stand that ground on a warranty claim? I am very interested in the Halltech, but as many others, do not want to risk my factory warranty. Maybe this has been discussed, but I can't find it in other threads that I have searched.........
Check the above dynos. there is one with the air fuel ratio. looks like it was traced over the stock ratio. The engine water temps are running cooler on our car. Less parasitic drag with our intake. The vacuum created by the stock restrictive filter causes a lot of heat just as the air conditioner causes parasitic drag and heat. I would guess the drag is much higher from the stock intake than the AC.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:02 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm asking an honest question here - not being a smart azz and not knocking your product. I simply want to understand if it's the product you are selling or the tune that is responsible for these gains.

I see your big filter requires a tune and nets around +50 RWHP. However, when I tune a *stock* C7Z I can get +50 RWHP (with the stock filter and airbox).

Perhaps the performance increase you're seeing is from the tune alone or am I missing something?
Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 AM
408sbc
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
I'm asking an honest question here - not being a smart azz and not knocking your product. I simply want to understand if it's the product you are selling or the tune that is responsible for these gains.

I see your big filter requires a tune and nets around +50 RWHP. However, when I tune a *stock* C7Z I can get +50 RWHP (with the stock filter and airbox).

Perhaps the performance increase you're seeing is from the tune alone or am I missing something?
I believe most of the plots in this thread are no tune.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:08 AM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by NORCALSS
More details please.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:23 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 912 Likes on 728 Posts

You're missing something. It's with no tune and the warranty is still intact. With a tune it won't be. He did such a good job with his cai that it's hard to believe. With over a dozen independent dyno's to support his claims I believe them. That's why I bought one.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech's Stinger-RZ GEN 2 RECORD TORQUE DYNO PULL

Old 08-03-2015, 11:31 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ok, so no tune and his CAI you can expect +45 RWHP??
Old 08-03-2015, 11:54 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 912 Likes on 728 Posts

ok, so no tune and his CAI you can expect +45 RWHP??
Yep.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:01 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z
More details please.
Jeremy has a special intake set up which goes from front of car and forces air right into the airbox. More power when car is moving for sure rather than using oem inlet.

Quick Reply: Halltech's Stinger-RZ GEN 2 RECORD TORQUE DYNO PULL