C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Available Now: Callaway SC757 Delivers Astounding Power w/Z06 Pkg: 757 hp/ 777 lb-ft

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:43 AM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Z06 cai

Hi Chris,

I just had a quick question on the cold air intake you are using on your new set up? It looks just like the Halltech unit (without the name embossed on the filter cover). Is this the case? Either way, how much and when will you be selling this CAI? I really like the stealthy (factory) look of this piece. Please advise. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:01 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z
Hi Chris,

I just had a quick question on the cold air intake... Either way, how much and when will you be selling this CAI? I really like the stealthy (factory) look of this piece. Please advise. Thanks!
Hi, I believe you sent me an email on this, too. Thank you.

However, at this time, we do not have any plans to sell the CAI separately from our supercharger package, and it is not compatible outside the package, otherwise. Thanks again
Old 07-29-2015, 05:04 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ParishM
is the Z06 supercharger any different than the Z51 version ?
There are some differences, yes.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:08 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NORCALSS
I think it's 16k not 17k.
Long tubes/pulley/intake/low temp thermo and tune will give you more power. Yes true but no warranty.

110 HP crank $3000 no warranty
vs
107hp crank $16000 warranty

Just comes down to the owner is 13000 dollars worth having a warranty or not
NORCALSS,

Our pricing is set at $16,995, as shown in post #1

Regarding the rest, I think post #10 answered that, too - here is the info again, thank you:

...we are very familiar with what else is out there, and some of it is vaporware, sprinkled with unicorn dust. The fact of the matter, is we, as a specialty manufacturer, develop our power different than the tuners.

We use SAE Testing Protocol, which allows us to compare to manufacturer's data. Others use rear wheel dyno graphs, in a standard corrected factor, and extrapolated to meet an objective. We hear "correction factors" of 15%-25% for supercharged engines all the time, which is just not accurate.

We hope this helps to answer your questions on the differences between not only our offering for the Corvette Z06, but also on the virtues of our new supercharger.
info@callawaycars.com
www.callawaycars.com

Q: How does Callaway develop its horsepower rating? Engine dyno or rear wheel?
A: In order to establish advertised power ratings, peak horsepower and torque are recorded during Callaway production prototype testing in the SuperFlow engine dynamometer cell at Callaway’s Old Lyme Connecticut facility. This testing is performed using the same processes and data correction procedures as used by GM, per SAE specification. Consequently, Callaway’s values can be compared directly to GM’s advertised power ratings for unmodified trucks.

Q: Why do Callaway cars and trucks out-perform other vehicles with higher advertised horsepower?
A: As indicated above, Callaway’s power validation is performed using the same processes and data correction factors used by GM, per SAE specification. That allows direct comparison to other cars and trucks. Some other companies use standard corrected figures to allow them to advertise higher numbers. Some even use entirely un-scientific ways to determine their products’ advertised power rating.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:09 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NWbluez06
Not Much of a drag race guy, but those numbers do interest me, I prefer the local road courses though...

I am picking up my Shark Gray A8, Callaway Z06 in mid August at the museum. It will have a track pack so to speak, its a Z07... Callaway is installing all there great SC757 modifications: Plus a harness bar and harness, fire extinguisher mounting bracket. Also additional mods to cooling system are being installed (non-stock radiator)...

So to those that want to say it ain't so, and "it is like the stock Z06"...

Quit... your bitching and drop Chris@Callaway a line and have them Engineer solution for your driving Needs/style.

Thanks Chris see you at the delivery.
Thank you again
Old 07-29-2015, 05:18 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
Love the car and I definitely think that Callaway is a solid company! I've never owned or driven a Callaway car, but I had a few questions:

(1) Does a Callaway car appreciate in terms of collectibility?

(2) How does the new supercharger affect track performance? Does the car become harder to handle with the additional power?

(3) If an issue does occur with a Callaway component, do you take the car to the dealership you purchased it from and then Callaway works with them?

Thanks so much

Thank you for the post. I still remember the first time I drove a Callaway Corvette, and from persona experience and ownership, they have fine vehicles. Many of our customers must feel the same, buying not only one, but sometimes two, three, or more of our cars/trucks. They do have a collectability factor and uniqueness about them
We also supply an Authenticity Package, which details can be found here:
http://www.callawaycars.com/home/cars/authenticity/

For driving, you will want to take advantage of the Corvette Driving School which is a part of your purchase. Many don't know or remember, NEW Corvettes come with 60% off a Spring Mountain 2 day course, where you learn how to best drive new C7 Stingrays and Z06 models. It's a great course, which I've taken.

For scheduled maintenance, please follow your GM Owners Manual. Nothing special or unique is needed, outside of periodically monitoring your Callaway intercooler reservoir fluid level. Separate from the engine coolant circuit, one just inspects from time to time.
For dealer service or repairs, your local dealer should be fine and up to any task. We also have trained service centers in many regions around the United States and Canada. The full details of our warranty and service process can be found here: http://www.callawaycars.com/home/car...nty-procedure/

Thank you for your interest in Callaway

info@callawaycars.com
www.callawaycars.com
Old 07-29-2015, 06:11 AM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 312 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
We have two customers who have specifically said, they were interested in the features and benefits of our new supercharger and felt it was going to be the cornerstone of their build. They plan to take delivery, drive for 6 mos. to a year, then go wild (albeit without further warranty), knowing the supercharger will breathe deep.

To answer your question, we'll look forward to their reports
I wonder who those crack-pots could be

Happiness is a unicorn dust free Callaway

Chris, my car is less than 400mi away and should be there today

Now back to our regularly scheduled program
Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 AM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How many lbs of boost is this making now?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NORCALSS
they dont post sheets. He said that in another thread.
Oh.... Guess I missed that! Someone will Dyno their car soon enough!

Last edited by Tripleblk6spd; 07-29-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

NORCALSS,

Our pricing is set at $16,995, as shown in post #1

Regarding the rest, I think post #10 answered that, too - here is the info again, thank you:

info@callawaycars.com
www.callawaycars.com
One thing you missed in this process is that the manufacturers are required to submit 100 SEPERATE production engines Dyno results to AVERAGE them to get the final advertised numbers. Did you guys do that as well?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Folks, two quick points, as there is a ton of excitement over the new Callaway SC757 Z06 Corvette... Our engineering data is proprietary, and that's that. We do not anticipate releasing, just as any other company, including GM, does not release their engineering data. As for the performance numbers, in 40 years, we've built specialty versions of performance automobiles, which always seem to exceed the expectations of our owners. We hope you can accept this information and make your decisions.

If you care to join us as an owner, we welcome you to drop us a note on how to order your Callaway SC757 Z06 Corvette: info@callawaycars.com

However, if for some reason, a few of the questions posed in this thread are an attempt at anything other than genuine, we respectfully as you move on. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:34 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I would be interested in this package for the increased power, but more important, the increased cooling capacity and consistency lap after lap. That is the biggest issue for a lot of guys who are tracking their C7 Z06's in warmer temps and one of the main reasons I held off on getting one and keeping my C6 ZR1 and getting a Cayman GT4 instead of a Z06.

Callaway has a great rep and anyone who can spend the coin (not that bad really) on this package will be very happy with the turn-key end result. It costs real time, money, and engineering to build a comprehensive package. Not too many tuners/shops out there can do that at a highly professional level like Callaway.

What's funny is most people in this thread talking trash can't or won't buy a C7 Z06 and certainly can't or won't spend another $17k on top of that. What a joke.

I bet Callaway is getting a TON of calls right now to get on the install list. I certainly would call if had a C7 Z06.

Last edited by QUIKAG; 07-29-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:48 AM
03QuicksilverZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I would be interested in this package for the increased power, but more important, the increased cooling capacity and consistency lap after lap. That is the biggest issue for a lot of guys who are tracking their C7 Z06's in warmer temps and one of the main reasons I held off on getting one and keeping my C6 ZR1 and getting a Cayman GT4 instead of a Z06.

Callaway has a great rep and anyone who can spend the coin (not that bad really) on this package will be very happy with the turn-key end result. It costs real time, money, and engineering to build a comprehensive package. Not too many tuners/shops out there can do that at a highly professional level like Callaway.

What's funny is most people in this thread talking trash can't or won't buy a C7 Z06 and certainly can't or won't spend another $17k on top of that. What a joke.

I bet Callaway is getting a TON of calls right now to get on the install list. I certainly would call if had a C7 Z06.
I would order the base z06 and send it to Callaway if I had the cash now. The z06 is known for its bang for the buck then this Callaway is out of this world bang for the buck... Keeps those pesky Hellcats and Vipers where they belong...In the rearview
Old 07-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Folks, two quick points, as there is a ton of excitement over the new Callaway SC757 Z06 Corvette... Our engineering data is proprietary, and that's that. We do not anticipate releasing, just as any other company, including GM, does not release their engineering data. As for the performance numbers, in 40 years, we've built specialty versions of performance automobiles, which always seem to exceed the expectations of our owners. We hope you can accept this information and make your decisions.

If you care to join us as an owner, we welcome you to drop us a note on how to order your Callaway SC757 Z06 Corvette: info@callawaycars.com

However, if for some reason, a few of the questions posed in this thread are an attempt at anything other than genuine, we respectfully as you move on. Thank you.
With all due respect Chris, a chassis dyno number is not engineering Data, it's the net result of what your company is claiming (I.E. what we see in the real world). You are saying the aftermarket "quotes unicorn dust, etc..." You are on a public forum and opening yourself up for questions, I think this is the single most legitimate question about the car. What do we REALLY get for the $17k? I for one wouldn't pay $17k for an advertised number, I would like to see the real world results. At the end of the day, the O.E.s are held accountable for what they advertise, Callaway, Saleen, Hennessey, etc....are not! I have dyno'd other aftermarket "manufacturers" vehicles that were no where close to the advertised numbers. Maybe it's just me, but surely you have chassis dyno sheets from your vehicles, and if it is making what you say it is making, why wouldn't you post it? I can only think of one reason.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:01 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Post #44 answers your question. Clearly you read part of it, taking away what you wanted, and casting doubt on the rest. We've got no time for that kind of behavior. Really. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:07 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JHEBERT
I wonder who those crack-pots could be

Happiness is a unicorn dust free Callaway

Chris, my car is less than 400mi away and should be there today

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

Old 07-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Tripleblk6spd
Racer

Post #44 answers your question. Clearly you read part of it, taking away what you wanted, and casting doubt on the rest. We've got no time for that kind of behavior. Really. Thank you.
Chris, that post doesn't answer the question, but your last one does!

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Available Now: Callaway SC757 Delivers Astounding Power w/Z06 Pkg: 757 hp/ 777 lb-ft

Old 07-29-2015, 01:09 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Tripleblk6spd
With all due respect Chris, a chassis dyno number is not engineering Data, it's the net result of what your company is claiming (I.E. what we see in the real world). You are saying the aftermarket "quotes unicorn dust, etc..." You are on a public forum and opening yourself up for questions, I think this is the single most legitimate question about the car. What do we REALLY get for the $17k? I for one wouldn't pay $17k for an advertised number, I would like to see the real world results. At the end of the day, the O.E.s are held accountable for what they advertise, Callaway, Saleen, Hennessey, etc....are not! I have dyno'd other aftermarket "manufacturers" vehicles that were no where close to the advertised numbers. Maybe it's just me, but surely you have chassis dyno sheets from your vehicles, and if it is making what you say it is making, why wouldn't you post it? I can only think of one reason.
Callaway doesn't own or utilize a chassis dyno. So actually post 44 does answer the dyno question.

You are correct those do not qualify as engineering data...but then you turn around and ask to see them.

I went here http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-z0...ecs/trims.html

Can't find a dyno sheet anywhere. Just GM giving you their word that the car makes 650hp. If Callaway is testing to the same standard and GM has gone to them for help in the past, in my mind that warrants them being a reliable company that you can trust. They wouldn't have been around this long if that wasn't the case.

Last edited by SurfnSun; 07-29-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by QUIKAG

That about sums it up perfectly.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Chrjones2
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

The main 2 reasons i am interested in the Callaway:

1. The extra cooling is a big plus to me

2. Yes you can probably add 100hp for 4 grand, like someone said. However, i love having the piece of mind of adding 100+ hp and torque and keeping the factory warranty. I don't want a $25,000 bill because i took a gamble modding it myself and my engine blows up. I've been there and done that before with other cars.

The fact i can get both those points for roughly 17 grand is exactly what i am looking for. This may not be ideal for some, but works for others.

Quick Reply: Available Now: Callaway SC757 Delivers Astounding Power w/Z06 Pkg: 757 hp/ 777 lb-ft