C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Jim Hall to retire at 69

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 03:08 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

What a testament Jim. Thanks for sharing those struggles. I truly admire yours and other courage in dealing with the cancer. Not that we every get a choice in life about that but what an example you are.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:35 PM
lmarigold
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech

Jim Hall

After almost 60 years of work, I have decided to call it quits. Halltech began back in 1998 with an idea, that grew into a pretty decent business model. 90% of our sales come from over 50 dealers that have trusted our products for their customers over the last 17 years.

After fighting Stage 3 cancer back in 2003, it appears that it may be returning to provide another huge challenge. Any of you that have fought prostate cancer understand what it is like to go through IMRT radiation therapy. Unfortunately, you can only do that once, and if the cancer is not totally eradicated, it will return.

Anyway, enough of that and on to spending some quality time with Debbie, my wife of 20 years, soulmate and best friend. Debbie is 74 this month, so we both need to unwind the clock spring, and enjoy.

I want to thank the forum members here for all of the support given to our company since the forum began in the 90s.

Our 2008 Ultra-light carbon fiber Z06, with a Katech 700 HP na e85 engine is for sale. The weight/power ratio puts it in the same realm as the P1 McClaren, and better w/p than the mighty 918 at 3.9lbs/hp.

Our Z07 is used primarily to test each and every Stinger we sell, but after 7 months of testing, the Stinger-RZ has passed all dyno testing and our confidence in this system is high, as it is with our dealers that order and re-order them every week.

The install is not as easy as we wanted it to be, and tech questions abound, eating every minute of my day. Time to let a younger man have this much fun.

Halltech will be up for sale, and of course I am available through any transition to help. It is hard to imagine not designing an intake for the new Zora coming out next year, but time dictates the new path.

Best regards to you all, and a huge thank you from Debbie and me!!!
Jim,

I hope you and Debbie have a great retirement and you have a quick recovery !
I enjoyed your comments re the Stinger Gen2 and look forward to giving it a try.
The very best!
Old 07-04-2015, 07:53 PM
AD2386
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Jim, take care of yourself and Deb. Your health is the most important thing in your life. Nobody will run Halltech like you guys have. Enjoy your retirement and God Bless you and your family!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:37 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Varmit
Jim
First of all my prayers will go out to you. I wish you the very best in your retirement and time with your wife.
Secondly that you for your efforts to the Corvette Community, you have been fair, informative, and treated you customers with courtesy and professionalism.

Best wishes
Benny

p.s. Take Jim up on his offer at his beach condo, I'll buy you and the wife dinner if you do!!!
Jim, looking forward to your trip out here and this gives me a chance to get an extremely expensive meal from Benny, he doesn't know it yet but I'm going along.
Jim we go back a long way, I believe I was one of your first customers in 1999 or so. I remember driving up to your house in Huntington Beach to get the system and you loaned be the tools to install it. I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery, prayers are with you, thank you my friend for all your help.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:47 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Jim nothing but the best from you for sure! Well wishes and hope to see you again! Was great seeing the Blue beast at track attack each year as it developed!
Many thanks of gratitude from us all for how much you have done over the years for all the corvette memebers.

Last edited by dvandentop; 07-06-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:47 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I want to thank you for all your hard work on bringing the best intakes to the market for our beloved corvettes.

Best wishes on your next battle and enjoy your retirement with your wife

Old 07-07-2015, 01:46 AM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Jim, you bent over backwards a few years ago to help me with fitting one of you cai to a C5 we transplanted an LS3 based 416 in and were a great help in doing that.

Best of luck in your retirement!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:29 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,120 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
Jim, you are such a good guy, so honest and so giving and capable, that you will beat your second major health challenge. So, go beat it again , sell Halltech and enjoy your next decades, for you have earned our respect! And you deserve many, many more years of happiness and health!
Happy Trails Jim and fight the good fight!!
Old 07-09-2015, 01:04 AM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

So sorry to hear your news. Good luck with the sale and make the most of your retirement!

I love my Stinger R on my new Z-51. I've installed harder things. At our age ( also 69 ) one needs only patience and determination to solve most anything.

It's time to "Stop and smell the Roses".....
Old 07-09-2015, 12:07 PM
fjaphd
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Jim Hall

After almost 60 years of work, I have decided to call it quits. Halltech began back in 1998 with an idea, that grew into a pretty decent business model. 90% of our sales come from over 50 dealers that have trusted our products for their customers over the last 17 years.

After fighting Stage 3 cancer back in 2003, it appears that it may be returning to provide another huge challenge. Any of you that have fought prostate cancer understand what it is like to go through IMRT radiation therapy. Unfortunately, you can only do that once, and if the cancer is not totally eradicated, it will return.

Anyway, enough of that and on to spending some quality time with Debbie, my wife of 20 years, soulmate and best friend. Debbie is 74 this month, so we both need to unwind the clock spring, and enjoy.

I want to thank the forum members here for all of the support given to our company since the forum began in the 90s.

Our 2008 Ultra-light carbon fiber Z06, with a Katech 700 HP na e85 engine is for sale. The weight/power ratio puts it in the same realm as the P1 McClaren, and better w/p than the mighty 918 at 3.9lbs/hp.

Our Z07 is used primarily to test each and every Stinger we sell, but after 7 months of testing, the Stinger-RZ has passed all dyno testing and our confidence in this system is high, as it is with our dealers that order and re-order them every week.

The install is not as easy as we wanted it to be, and tech questions abound, eating every minute of my day. Time to let a younger man have this much fun.

Halltech will be up for sale, and of course I am available through any transition to help. It is hard to imagine not designing an intake for the new Zora coming out next year, but time dictates the new path.

Good luck Jim-thanks for your quality products over the years!
Old 07-18-2015, 03:11 AM
davetx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jim enjoy it!!

Jim Hall

After fighting Stage 3 cancer back in 2003, it appears that it may be returnin

g to provide another huge challenge. Any of you that have fought prostate cancer understand what it is like to go through IMRT radiation therapy. Unfortunately, you can only do that once, and if the cancer is not totally eradicated, it will return.

Jim I can't remember any businessman who has treated me more fairly than you. In my estimation you went over and above board to make me a happy customer and a very happy customer I am with your product on my 2015 Z07. I just returned from a trip to spring mountain 263 miles each way. I heard a slight blower whine when I accelerated at times which was just enough to remind me of the power I had and it was not annoying. I sure felt the power when I needed it and I also noticed my two outside exhaust tips were clean which I had cleaned before leaving. Thank you for such a great product with great support. I am looking forward on purchasing your new intake for my C7 Stingray Enjoy your retirement with your Wife and all that life offers.
Thank you Jim & Debbie
Old 07-18-2015, 07:48 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A true gentleman you have always been. Your wife is also a very sweet lady. Thanks for being a class act
Old 07-19-2015, 02:11 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Good luck sir, hope you do beat cancer again!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoy yourself Jim.You and Debbie have been very helpfull threw the yrs.And sold great products.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words.

I have decided to put in about 6 hours a day to keep Halltech growing. We had our biggest year ever in 2015, thanks to the forum vendors and members. Our sales were up 60% from the previous year.

It is really hard to walk away from that much success, thus the decision was made to purchase a new building in Ixonia, WI and keep everything as is.

I don't worry at all about myself, so at almost 70, whatever happens, happens. I plan on beating this and not look backwards, only forward.

Check out our new shop:

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 01-13-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:26 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Yeah--Great News!!! Stay tough!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:25 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Looks great. Glad you're fighting!

Get notified of new replies

To Jim Hall to retire at 69

Old 01-13-2016, 02:39 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Interesting, the only person I saw working was Debbie......... I don't think you pay her enough!

Looks like you finally have plenty of room.

Tom
Old 01-13-2016, 03:15 PM
TucsonZR1
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a long way from Huntington Beach.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by tome
Interesting, the only person I saw working was Debbie......... I don't think you pay her enough!

Looks like you finally have plenty of room.

Tom
and Tommie, we have a Steam Power Washer (2100 PSI) with soft water and a final De-Ionized final rinse for a spectacular detailing section. Got the idea from you!

Quick Reply: Jim Hall to retire at 69