C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z06 tune development at Diablosport

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 08:41 AM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

where are the before and after hp and tq graphs? all i have see in the tread are like made 20 more torque, hp about the same.

all of other dyno tuners show a baseline pull compared with tuned pull. then they the affect of mods like CAI, cam, headers and porting.

why don't the diablo example follow this easy to understand approach?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 146 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by CONMAX
where are the before and after hp and tq graphs? all i have see in the tread are like made 20 more torque, hp about the same.

all of other dyno tuners show a baseline pull compared with tuned pull. then they the affect of mods like CAI, cam, headers and porting.

why don't the diablo example follow this easy to understand approach?
This is tuned vs stock, hot pulls on a stock Z06. We don't do testing on other aftermarket parts, thats a giant can of worms
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:32 AM
xp800
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 151 Posts

Mike, you may want to update this image in your OP. Link is currently broken there.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Rguy271
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

Diablo, whats up with those dips around 4krpms?
Old 01-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Deuuuce
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
This is tuned vs stock, hot pulls on a stock Z06. We don't do testing on other aftermarket parts, thats a giant can of worms
Excellent delta! What are the peak differences? Hard to read on the graph.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:20 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Curious.

I'm not terribly up on what happens inside car's ECU.

My dealer did an update that seems to have gotten rid of the heat soak. The car no longer feels slower when it reaches normal operating temps. In the past it was noticeable. Would using your base 93 DS tune (with ~15 throttle boost) overwrite the improvement that was made or would that be a different set of tables?

why oh why didn't GM give us the better throttle response to being with?!?!?

Last edited by phantasms; 01-30-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Twowheelin_wildman
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Diablo intune

Hey guys ,been out of the loop for awhile, Did diablo ever get a tune upgrade for an A8 Z06 for my intune i1000. Hope im not looking too lost ,sorry I haven't followed faithfully..
Old 08-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Dougpaper
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Mike just purchased the I tune from a forum vendoor

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Its not up to us what is or is not allowed, but we offer a product that allows users to tune their car, at their will and discretion, without setting off telltale flags that a dealer can use to deny warranty work, even if it is entirely unrelated.

If this doesn't sit well with anyone, I would ask that you politely move on and ignore our offering, but for 1000s and 1000s of Corvette owners, what we do is of great benefit and it allows them to tune their cars without worry of finger pointing should there be an issue down the road.

Thanks
After going back and forth with your tech support they claim my 2015 z06 has a early pcm and there is nothing they can do I should contact my dealer and ask for a update. My dealer won't and I feel taken advantage of by your company. No where is there a disclaimer alerting potential buyers to this situation,I would like a solution that doesn't involve my dealer telling me they won't install upgrade pcm flash?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:48 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Doug what vin number are you? I'm 27....guessing this means it won't work for me either.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:56 AM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
Doug what vin number are you? I'm 27....guessing this means it won't work for me either.
Gents;
I went through this in early 2015 when Diablo introduced their tune for the Z.

It seems they did the tune based on the earliest 2015 Z they could get a hold of. However there were quite a few cars produced before that time frame. Therefore those early VIN's unfortunately aren't covered.
I know it sucks but it is what it is.

I was able to get my service manger to update my PCM free of charge.
First off I never told him (on the record at least) anything about not being able to upload a tune or anything of that nature.

My approach was, I have an early VIN and GM has come up with several minor updates in the first 6 months of production for various things. Mike was able to give me updates available for my Operating System.

So armed with that info I pulled the service manager aside (he's a car guy) and I told him I had purchased a new diagnostic scanner as I do much of the work on my car myself. However the scanner wouldn't interface with the very early 2015 VIN's for Z06's produced within the first 6 weeks of Z06 production because those cars were actually running a preproduction Operating System (OS). I asked if he would help me out by updating my OS. I told him there were diagnostic updates from GM for the 2015 OS that helped with the following codes. I explained that I wanted that update because in the future when I was out of warranty if the issues these updates address occur I couldn't get the update free from GM at that time. And I wouldn't be able to diagnose it with my scanner either. In short I wanted the update that covered these codes specifically P16F3.

"The New calibration with diagnostic enhancements for DTCs P0503, P16F3 and P2227." GM PN 12671230 CVN 0000F211.

My point is if you have good relationship with your service manager/service tech and you have a fairly honest story often times they will work with you.

If you get this update the Diablo will work as advertised.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:23 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks man. Is there any way to tell what version my car is running? My car was built on the first day however the dealership is solid and is always updating the car every time I come in. Did they update this specific thing? Well I don't know for sure.

At what point does the Diablo fail if the car isn't updated. I have a unit I use on my Tahoe so maybe I can check if there's not an easy way to tell otherwise.

I do have a very good relationship with my SA and tech but would rather find out on my own.

At the end of the day I'm still waiting for someone to come forward and say definitively if the Diablo is a good move. I've spent days looking into this thing and all these independent dynos showing no gain are scary. I know it's more about drivability but I have a manual and frankly don't want to touch the computer if all I'm doing at the end of the day is decreasing torque management and heat related timing pull a bit.

Best,
Gene

Last edited by phantasms; 08-25-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:54 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
Thanks man. Is there any way to tell what version my car is running? My car was built on the first day however the dealership is solid and is always updating the car every time I come in. Did they update this specific thing? Well I don't know for sure.

At what point does the Diablo fail if the car isn't updated. I have a unit I use on my Tahoe so maybe I can check if there's not an easy way to tell otherwise.

I do have a very good relationship with my SA and tech but would rather find out on my own.

At the end of the day I'm still waiting for someone to come forward and say definitively if the Diablo is a good move. I've spent days looking into this thing and all these independent dynos showing no gain are scary. I know it's more about drivability but I have a manual and frankly don't want to touch the computer if all I'm doing at the end of the day is decreasing torque management and heat related timing pull a bit.

Best,
Gene

Gene;
Our VIN's are close and yours is earlier than mine so I am sure yours has the earlier OS unless it was updated during a dealer visit.

The only way I know of to read the OS is:
1. Get it from the dealer by providing the VIN or the car to them.
2. Have it read/scanned using a scanner like Diablo, HPT or EFI Live ect. This is read only and wont void the warranty.
3. Possibly locate it in the infotainment screen, ask ONSTAR or look on your ONSTAR report. Not sure about any of this because I haven't had cause to look since I have HPT and Diablo.

Regardless your guy at the dealer will probably hook you up.

As far as the Diablo tune I wont comment.

However I would like to see the independent dynos if someone could post them or a link to them.

Last edited by dar02081961; 08-25-2017 at 04:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
phantasms (09-04-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 05:17 PM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 tune development at Diablosport