C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dealer recommendation for 2016 allocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 06:13 PM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Just make sure if you do a "courtesy delivery" you know the car is yours while in transport to your dealer. Any damage will of course be fixed BUT you do not have the ability to refuse delivery of the vehicle because of it. Know this going in.

Go and pick it up yourself if you need to obtain a Z06 in this manner.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:50 PM
tractorguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what you mean if comment was in response to my post. My GM dealer ordered the car just like any other dealer would and in my case part of the hand shake was I had no obligation to take it. I did however.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:49 AM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Do we know any of the constraints yet? Is the exposed Carbon fiber hood one of them
Old 07-22-2015, 01:07 PM
bub
Safety Car

Received 198 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
GM needs to dump this stupid "allocation" BS. Why not let the entire network of dealers sell Corvettes when buyers present themselves. The manufacturer may find that they can sell more units without the current, archaic, "allotment" protocol that has hindered sales for decades. Its not like GM's management has used the best judgement over the years now has it. Time for a change.
I would hope to see this come along soon also (as with the recent invoice increase shake-ups, the new GM is making some bold moves, in product, marketing and corporate strategy...Mary is no dummy).

Last edited by bub; 07-22-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Karanx7
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that I have ordered and my car has been produced, I figure I should share my results.

I ended up going with Dennis Tap at Les Stanford. He pushed my order with all my CF constraints through immediately, as if they weren't even on constraint. My order was accepted less than 1 week after I talked to Dennis.

I initially contacted Rick Conti, but he took over 2 weeks just to say he was busy at the time. I called him, left a voicemail, emailed him, and even PM'd him on the forum. About three weeks after I left my order with Dennis, Rick emailed me stating that he was ready to take my order.

The most surprising part was that Dennis unfortunately had a heart attack during my order process. He still kept in touch with me throughout the whole process. I'm sure Rick Conti is a genuine Corvette guy, and I'm sure he helps many people get their dream cars. Unfortunately though, I can't wait three weeks for someone to take $100k from me.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrenny33
Do we know any of the constraints yet? Is the exposed Carbon fiber hood one of them
The B92 hood has been controlled in quantities, we have had many available though.....one in stock right now
Old 07-25-2015, 08:54 AM
40flier
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa Dave
Just make sure if you do a "courtesy delivery" you know the car is yours while in transport to your dealer. Any damage will of course be fixed BUT you do not have the ability to refuse delivery of the vehicle because of it. Know this going in.

Go and pick it up yourself if you need to obtain a Z06 in this manner.
Less than two days in from a "courtesy delivery" which was less than blissful because the local sales guy (not even in the top 100 vette deliveries) was a dick and he told me more about what he WASN'T going to do than what he was.... a call to the GM Presidents office locked his heels and put a plastic smile on his face (he's slated for "leadership training" whether he knows it or not. The car had 11 miles, origin paperwork said 3, warranty/owners manual were scattered from the glove compartment/console/hatch, I'm guessing he used it as a demo or worse.

If you're doing a courtesy delivery TALK to the CD dlr, see if he has a case of the *** about doing it, THEN call MacMulkin, you won't beat his price.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:42 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 935 Likes on 618 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
GM needs to dump this stupid "allocation" BS. Why not let the entire network of dealers sell Corvettes when buyers present themselves. The manufacturer may find that they can sell more units without the current, archaic, "allotment" protocol that has hindered sales for decades. Its not like GM's management has used the best judgement over the years now has it. Time for a change.
All cars and manufacturers are like this. Normally the allocations are so high its transparent to the customer.

The issue is on lower production cars, ultra low production cars (like Ford's GT350) have only 3 allocations per year (at most) to a dealer. Try getting one of THOSE!

The issue I have is as follows:

1. On low production runs suppliers are quoted specific units, and sometimes the supplier can't physically supply more parts.
2. GM has margin goals, they artificially restrict things sometimes to keep margins where they want them (not an issue on Corvette I think, but on trucks it can be.

So while I feel for SOLD ORDERS (with an actual customer name on them) shouldn't need to go thru the allocation system, this could be a problem for the #1 reason. The #2 reason I really don't care about, if the OEM doesn't make the correct margin STOP OFFERING IT!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:55 AM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 319 Likes on 147 Posts

There are 900 Z06 on Cars.com why waste your time ordering at this point.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:10 PM
0Andy@StasekChevy
Former Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 14 Posts

We recommend ordering only if you are looking for something VERY specific. Otherwise, I agree with xlr8ion, why order? We have a few Z06's in stock, and a nice allocation still in case people would like to order.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:11 PM
chasboland
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Macmulkin

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
There are 900 Z06 on Cars.com why waste your time ordering at this point.
Good thought, why wait- find one and go get it. That's what I did with Macmulkin. Tommy Jr. and his staff
Old 09-16-2015, 01:03 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 935 Likes on 618 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@StasekChevy
We recommend ordering only if you are looking for something VERY specific. Otherwise, I agree with xlr8ion, why order? We have a few Z06's in stock, and a nice allocation still in case people would like to order.
I don't think I'd ever buy a Corvette I didn't order, they wouldn't randomly make one with the exact options I want.

Quick Reply: Dealer recommendation for 2016 allocation