C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

RejeX polymer

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:20 PM
DAKING
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default RejeX polymer

Has anybody tried this product ? The write ups seem favorable
Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 PM
kennb44
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DAKING
Has anybody tried this product ? The write ups seem favorable
I've been using it for years. Good stuff and easy to use.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:12 AM
tpapablo
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kennb44
Very happy with it.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:58 AM
427bob
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 93 Posts

Great stuff. Been on a 1400 trip up and down the east coast 4 times. Rejex did the work and not a single ding on the front of my car.
As stated above, it's easy to use.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:46 AM
jbp8653
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kennb44
Ditto. Works good on your windshield to!
Old 04-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

I was recently introduced to it and love it.... In fact just did my diamond white Avalanche last night and it looks amazing...
Old 04-26-2015, 12:49 PM
A-Pex
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing! I'm searching for options to apply to my new Z the day it shows up so as to reduce the chances of permanent paint damage without applying 3M or Expel. Here's a link to the RejeX page: http://www.rejex.com/rejex.html

A buddy of mine just recommended something called Pro 9H (I think it's European) after having someone apply it to his ZR1. He says he loves it, but the paint needs to be prepped ahead of time, as it's permanently bonded and can only be removed by "abrasion." Here's a link to their page: http://ceramic-pro.com/portfolio/ceramic-pro-9h/

There are a few interesting YouTube videos for these products as well, but looking for fellow C7 folks to share their personal experiences.

Does anyone have some real world experience with both of these two products and/or recommendation on which works best?

Happy to create a new thread on the comparison of these 2 products, but I figured it might be more efficient to compare them here.

Save the wave!
Old 04-26-2015, 12:59 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 222 Posts

There are scores of threads on these forums about Rejex. I have used it for years.

It is much easier to apply than a coat of wax. You put on a very thin coat and wipe off the haze several minutes later. If you have to rub hard, you put on too thick a coat. Then park the car in the garage for about twelve hours to cure the coating. A second coat has almost no value.

My experience is that the Rejex coat lasts about six months or a little more. I did my Vettes in the Spring and again in the Fall. Takes around 30 minutes plus another 20 minutes to do the wheels.

The result is a very thin, very slippery coating that bugs and dirt and tar tend to slide off of. Makes washing road gunk etc. a breeze. It has a "plastic" sort of shine to it, as opposed to some of the deep wax shines. You don't wax over it because the surface is too slick.

You can also apply Rejex over paint protection film or on the windows to get the same slippery coating.

Note that Rejex is an alternative to wax, not an alternative to a paint protection film. Check out the Rejex versus Zaino threads that appear every couple weeks it seems like.

With the Z06 I decided to try Opticoat, much more expensive but supposedly lasts two years.

Last edited by CaryBob; 04-26-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:28 PM
ImpatientlyWaiting
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anybody been using it on their rims to help with brake dust?

Somebody mentioned that it helps so I ordered some but my car isn't here to apply it to yet.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

I have several coats of Rejex on my new CCW wheels but have yet to drive the car this year. So I really cannot give you an answer from experience. However everyone seems to be of the opinion the coating really does make a positive difference.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:07 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpatientlyWaiting
Has anybody been using it on their rims to help with brake dust?

Somebody mentioned that it helps so I ordered some but my car isn't here to apply it to yet.
I put it on my wheels on the Vettes prior to the Z06. I used Opticoat on the current Z06 just to try it.

It definitely makes the surface slippery enough that brake dust cleans off more easily. And, of course, the dust sits on the Rejex and not on the wheel's clearcoat. I would only use one coat, as the second coat doesn't add much protection and does not make it last any longer.. It isn't like wax, where multiple coats might be useful. (The second coat is sitting on the slippery first coat, not on the clearcoat.)
Old 04-26-2015, 05:30 PM
WaFp
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts

I'll chime in... Been using it for years, absolutely love it! Easy to apply, easy to buff off, leaves a great shine (some have said it looks a bit synthetic, but YMMV) and protects for a long time.

10/10 would buy (in fact I just did) again...and again....and again

Old 04-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryBob
I put it on my wheels on the Vettes prior to the Z06. I used Opticoat on the current Z06 just to try it.

It definitely makes the surface slippery enough that brake dust cleans off more easily. And, of course, the dust sits on the Rejex and not on the wheel's clearcoat. I would only use one coat, as the second coat doesn't add much protection and does not make it last any longer.. It isn't like wax, where multiple coats might be useful. (The second coat is sitting on the slippery first coat, not on the clearcoat.)
I could be wrong but I thought that Rejex did in fact work better with multiple coats. I put my first coat on my wheels, let it dry to a haze then buffed it off. I waited 24 hours and put a second coat on. Did I read the directions wrong, maybe.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
I could be wrong but I thought that Rejex did in fact work better with multiple coats. I put my first coat on my wheels, let it dry to a haze then buffed it off. I waited 24 hours and put a second coat on. Did I read the directions wrong, maybe.
I did a couple of coats and the shine seemed to get deeper looking with each coat. I am pretty sure the directions state you can do multiple coats....with a curing period in between.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:40 PM
thompsonc3
Advanced

Default rejex

Originally Posted by Vegas1500
I did a couple of coats and the shine seemed to get deeper looking with each coat. I am pretty sure the directions state you can do multiple coats....with a curing period in between.
About how many ounces does it take To do a c5
Old 04-26-2015, 06:50 PM
03QuicksilverZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A-Pex
Thanks for sharing! I'm searching for options to apply to my new Z the day it shows up so as to reduce the chances of permanent paint damage without applying 3M or Expel. Here's a link to the RejeX page: http://www.rejex.com/rejex.html

A buddy of mine just recommended something called Pro 9H (I think it's European) after having someone apply it to his ZR1. He says he loves it, but the paint needs to be prepped ahead of time, as it's permanently bonded and can only be removed by "abrasion." Here's a link to their page: http://ceramic-pro.com/portfolio/ceramic-pro-9h/

There are a few interesting YouTube videos for these products as well, but looking for fellow C7 folks to share their personal experiences.
Ceramic Pro 9H - YouTube
RejeX High Gloss Polish - Auto Trim DESIGN - How-To - YouTube

Does anyone have some real world experience with both of these two products and/or recommendation on which works best?

Happy to create a new thread on the comparison of these 2 products, but I figured it might be more efficient to compare them here.

Save the wave!
Seems like it may be a good product, but to mention fuel economy....really
Old 04-26-2015, 11:13 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by thompsonc3
About how many ounces does it take To do a c5
Not sure but I bought one bottle and have coated a car twice, full size truck twice and Jeep Grand Cherokee 3 times and still have over half the bottle left. Not sure how,it will hold up but I'm going to try it on my boat in a few weeks....make it so slippery it should be good for a few more MPH

Get notified of new replies

To RejeX polymer

Old 04-27-2015, 06:00 AM
thompsonc3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vegas1500
Not sure but I bought one bottle and have coated a car twice, full size truck twice and Jeep Grand Cherokee 3 times and still have over half the bottle left. Not sure how,it will hold up but I'm going to try it on my boat in a few weeks....make it so slippery it should be good for a few more MPH
Thank you. I ordered two 12ounce bottles. I should be good to go. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

King, don't know anything about this product. I can hook you up with a local xpel guy who is going to do my car. PM if you have an interest.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:10 PM
DAKING
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by khoeysr
King, don't know anything about this product. I can hook you up with a local xpel guy who is going to do my car. PM if you have an interest.
I've got all new Zaino products ready to go, dam weather won't cooperate though. I have a relative that does details private jets and he swears by this reJex. I had never heard of it on the forum

Quick Reply: RejeX polymer