C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

GM back at The Ring?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 11:06 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknroller
Most on here know (including the mods) that these posters are really here to stir the pot, then continue to instigate until ultimately the thread is locked.

Which category do you fall into?
Instigation happens from both ends of the extreme fanboy and troll posters, not just one group. I can't even count how many times that fanboys have made comments such as: "Where are those haters now?" or "Where is that troll clown group now?", whenever they find a tidbit of information they like. Basically, instigating the trolls to participate.

As for myself, I'm a car enthusiast. An American car enthusiast, first and foremost. I'm not brand loyal, I can appreciate most cars of any brand. I've been guilty of battling the fanboys, because most of them offer little technical or racing backgrounds. It becomes easy to crush them with facts and experience. I don't mind a little hazing in both directions, most of my car buddies do that anyways. People just take things too serious, many of us just laugh about it all.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:10 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
Instigation happens from both ends of the extreme fanboy and troll posters, not just one group. I can't even count how many times that fanboys have made comments such as: "Where are those haters now?" or "Where is that troll clown group now?", whenever they find a tidbit of information they like. Basically, instigating the trolls to participate.
If there were no trolls to begin with, we probably wouldn't have those types of equally immature responses.

I expect fanboys for the Corvette when I'm on this forum, it gets tiring trying to navigate through the troll wasteland when trying to enjoy the content of a thread.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

If there were no trolls to begin with, we probably wouldn't have those types of equally immature responses.

I expect fanboys for the Corvette when I'm on this forum, it gets tiring trying to navigate through the troll wasteland when trying to enjoy the content of a thread.
Well, here's how I usually see it playing out.

1.) Some article gets posted.

2.) People weigh in. Sometimes people with legitimate complaints voice their opinions respectfully.

3.) Fanboys trash him.

4.) Trolls trash the fanboys.

5.) Because of this, trolls now take any opportunity to trash the car.

Yes, there are plenty of times when the trolls instigate, but they should be put on ignore. The issue I have with the above scenario is that the people who respectfully voice their legitimate concerns get lumped in with the trolls.

YMMV.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

As for myself, I'm a car enthusiast. An American car enthusiast, first and foremost. I'm not brand loyal, I can appreciate most cars of any brand. I've been guilty of battling the fanboys, because most of them offer little technical or racing backgrounds. It becomes easy to crush them with facts and experience. I don't mind a little hazing in both directions, most of my car buddies do that anyways. People just take things too serious, many of us just laugh about it all.
You don't have to look far around here to find quite a few people who bring absolutely zero value to the C7/C7 Z06 sections and are here purely to stir the pot and antagonize. It's been like this since 2013, and most of the same members are still doing it, even under new username(s) after being previously banned.
S.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:18 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Broaden your perspective. Just estimating here, but I'd say that 80% of those you are referring to as "trolls" are actually fellow Corvette enthusiasts, who also belong on a Corvette site. Many of them are owners of other generations. Therefore, you can always expect fanboys, as well as trolls. Every automotive forum sees this, especially with a generation change in vehicles. I was around for the 5.0L vs 4.6L hate-fest, the LT1 vs LS1, Various gens of Camaro, Mustang, Viper, and Corvette. It is normal for some in-fighting to occur. It is okay for people to disagree.

Sorry to drag this post off topic. I'll be sure to update it with any ACR times, later on.

As for my own on-topic contribution, here is a video of me driving a rental Audi A6 on the 'Ring. With my wife screaming at me to slow down. LOL

Last edited by NineBall; 05-14-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:44 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Viper Wins!

Broaden your perspective. Just estimating here, but I'd say that 80% of those you are referring to as "trolls" are actually fellow Corvette enthusiasts, who also belong on a Corvette site. Many of them are owners of other generations. Therefore, you can always expect fanboys, as well as trolls. Every automotive forum sees this, especially with a generation change in vehicles. I was around for the 5.0L vs 4.6L hate-fest, the LT1 vs LS1, Various gens of Camaro, Mustang, Viper, and Corvette. It is normal for some in-fighting to occur. It is okay for people to disagree.

Sorry to drag this post off topic. I'll be sure to update it with any ACR times, later on.

As for my own on-topic contribution, here is a video of me driving a rental Audi A6 on the 'Ring. With my wife screaming at me to slow down. LOL

Nurburgring - Tony driving Audi A6 - YouTube
But, pays that "Up Front (race car)" price! A fan of the truth here, number one!
Old 05-14-2015, 01:00 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

B Back when the Corvette Z06 has its say in this.......
Old 05-15-2015, 05:01 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Owe but let me qualify this!

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
But, pays that "Up Front (race car)" price! A fan of the truth here, number one!
Two much aero without variability can slow track times!?
Old 05-16-2015, 10:04 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
B Back when the Corvette Z06 has its say in this.......
Don't forget to write

Old 05-16-2015, 11:20 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
It's been like this since 2013, and most of the same members are still doing it, even under new username(s) after being previously banned.
S.
Go ahead and name a few, with the proof. If you supposedly figured this out I'm sure the mods already know who they are so by you naming them would not be a big deal. You keep bringing this subject up and nobody likes a rat. Not where I come from.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:05 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Corvette Forum Talent!?

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
Two much aero without variability can slow track times!?
NO! Professional racing spectating from TV!
Old 05-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
Go ahead and name a few, with the proof. If you supposedly figured this out I'm sure the mods already know who they are so by you naming them would not be a big deal. You keep bringing this subject up and nobody likes a rat. Not where I come from.
Snorman is about as neutral as they get on this forum. I'm sure he hates trolls like everyone else. Calling him a rat actually makes you look suspect.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:58 AM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
I don't know anything about people coming back under new names after bans but I will gladly put your name along with sam on the list of people that add nothing to the discussion(s).
Old 05-17-2015, 10:08 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CFHay
I don't know anything about people coming back under new names after bans but I will gladly put your name along with sam on the list of people that add nothing to the discussion(s).
I don't know you nor do I care to so just stfu and mind your business as you have nothing to do with the subject at hand. You can't have members running around assuming banned people are back under different names and posting so without absolute proof. Let the mods handle this as that is their job.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,767 Likes on 4,190 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Guys,

Almost EVERY POST on this page alone is off topic to the theme of this thread!

Either get back on topic or I'll close this thread too.

PS: The fact of the matter is....if you're here just to bash the Corvette, that's trolling. Your stay here will be a short one.

OF COURSE, there will be people here who are proponents of Corvette-it's a CorvetteForum! But if you're here for constant harassment and negativity, you won't be here long.

Do I need to start a list?????? Everyone knows who you are anyway......
Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

So, is one allowed to be a well documented, life-long fan of the Corvette...a multiple Corvette owner, event coordinator, attendee, etc, but "bash" the fact that Corvette/GM has no data to back up the C7? Doesn't this mean that while we very much support what the Corvette IS, we are merely voicing our disappointment over the fact that 2 yrs later there is still no Nurburgring data/performance to speak of.

I'm just trying to be clear, so I can understand what's allowed under whatever entity is in charge here. Must all talk of the Corvette be positive/supportive with rose colored pc screens, or regardless of ownership/involvement/etc you will be removed from this site?
Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I just hate other manufacturers bring professional drivers and GM brings an Engineer .. granted he is very good but think a pro driver would make a big difference..
bring Tommy Milner
he can put cups on my car and borrow it.. lol

Get notified of new replies

To GM back at The Ring?

Old 05-17-2015, 10:10 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RC000E

I'm just trying to be clear, so I can understand what's allowed under whatever entity is in charge here. Must all talk of the Corvette be positive/supportive with rose colored pc screens, or regardless of ownership/involvement/etc you will be removed from this site?
Do you really want to know? PM sent.!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:44 AM
CFHay
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
So, is one allowed to be a well documented, life-long fan of the Corvette...a multiple Corvette owner, event coordinator, attendee, etc, but "bash" the fact that Corvette/GM has no data to back up the C7? Doesn't this mean that while we very much support what the Corvette IS, we are merely voicing our disappointment over the fact that 2 yrs later there is still no Nurburgring data/performance to speak of.
Where do you come up with 2 years? Do you mean for the C7 in general?
Old 05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Staying on topic with the Ring... Looks like we've got a new #3?

Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV Laps the Nurburgring in 6:59:73 Mins!

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/05/16/l...in-65973-mins/

Hope GM can get a good run in sometime soon.

Quick Reply: GM back at The Ring?