C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Looking for a good dealership in or around AZ

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Fawk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good dealership in or around AZ

Hello All,

I currently own a 2009 CSR, and I'm seriously considering a Z06, and I'm not entirely sure if I will go with the 7-speed or 8-speed. I have driven stick shifts for awhile and I'm pretty conflicted on which type of transmission to get. With that being said I've been struggling find *any* manual transmission z06s in Arizona for a test drive. Here are a handful of questions that I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on.

1 - Would test driving an automatic z06s and then a stingray 7-speed be a pretty fair representation of what to expect if I absolutely cannot find a dealership locally to test drive the z06 7-speed?

2 - Can anyone recommend a dealership to use within AZ, or a neighboring state? I would not be opposed to flying out to a relatively close state to do the purchase and pick-up. The problem is the few dealerships I've tried in AZ seem to not care about the business. I place calls and don't get return calls, I went on-site to one dealership and there was no interest on their end to try to find a z06 available for a test drive.

3 - Would you recommend waiting for the 2016s if I am not in a dire rush to get one ordered this month?

I know there are not necessarily right answers to all of my questions, but your experiences and feedback are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2015, 03:31 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Fawk
Hello All,

I currently own a 2009 CSR, and I'm seriously considering a Z06, and I'm not entirely sure if I will go with the 7-speed or 8-speed. I have driven stick shifts for awhile and I'm pretty conflicted on which type of transmission to get. With that being said I've been struggling find *any* manual transmission z06s in Arizona for a test drive. Here are a handful of questions that I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on.

1 - Would test driving an automatic z06s and then a stingray 7-speed be a pretty fair representation of what to expect if I absolutely cannot find a dealership locally to test drive the z06 7-speed?

2 - Can anyone recommend a dealership to use within AZ, or a neighboring state? I would not be opposed to flying out to a relatively close state to do the purchase and pick-up. The problem is the few dealerships I've tried in AZ seem to not care about the business. I place calls and don't get return calls, I went on-site to one dealership and there was no interest on their end to try to find a z06 available for a test drive.

3 - Would you recommend waiting for the 2016s if I am not in a dire rush to get one ordered this month?

I know there are not necessarily right answers to all of my questions, but your experiences and feedback are appreciated.

Thanks
Is there a Corvette Club local to you? Maybe one of our forum members with a Z06? Your best chance at driving a Z06 is from a private owner.

Then purchase from a dealer east of Kansas for the best deal and selection, and fastest delivery if you special order a 2016.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Default AZ dealers...

Hello All,

Thanks
I know of no AZ dealers who will allow test drives. Your best bet would be to find someone in AZ who has a Z06 (sorry I don't) who will allow you to test drive theirs. My experience with AZ dealers was horrible. That's why I bought my base C7 at Kerbeck.

Last edited by Myfourth1; 04-17-2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-18-2015, 12:07 AM
flatout vette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not go to auto nation in Mesa AZ.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:45 AM
itsphoenix
Racer

Test drive is going to be tough. I deal with Auto Nation Gilbert. Ask for Elliot. Got my z28 and my z06 from him. Great experience.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:23 PM
VetterFlyer
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 49 Posts

Hello Fawk,
I'm in Sedona and I'm expecting my A8 Z06 Z07 to be delivered next week. There is also a friend here with a M7, but even I haven't driven it.
I'm new to CF and I don't know how to do a private message but I would be happy to tell you how I bought my car. Let me know how to PM and we can get together.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:22 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Look in the top left corner of your screen for Welcome message and click the YOUR NOTIFICATIONS below that.

Here, i'll send you a PM now.

Doug

Originally Posted by VetterFlyer
Hello Fawk,
I'm in Sedona and I'm expecting my A8 Z06 Z07 to be delivered next week. There is also a friend here with a M7, but even I haven't driven it.
I'm new to CF and I don't know how to do a private message but I would be happy to tell you how I bought my car. Let me know how to PM and we can get together.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Fawk
Instructor

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I put out some calls to a variety of dealers locally and most aren't even interested in ordering me one, and certainly have no intention of allowing me to test drive. I have mostly received permission from the wife to make the purchase, but she wants me to test drive one. I think what I may have to do is request a test drive in a Stingray. I know the experience will be way different, but it is better than no test drive. As much as I crave the z06 I find it very hard for myself to order one with never sitting behind the wheel.

I certainly do need to join a local AZ Corvette Club, and I am sure if I was already in one I could ask a member for a brief test drive.

Unrelated..I'm still greatly conflicted with getting the m7 vs the a8....I've always had stick shifts...

Vetteflyer - I will ping you on the side via PM . I'd love to hear your experience with the Sedona dealership.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Thorobred is only dealership worth working with in AZ
Old 04-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Fawk
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dave Schotz
Thorobred is only dealership worth working with in AZ
I did get a call this morning from Thorobred, i had some questions I asked the guy who contacted me. This was around 09:00 this morning, he said he would call back in 1-2 hours. no return call though. I may stop by the Scottsdale Vans location again on Thursday to at least test drive the Stingray and get my Vette appraised for trade in.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Van is straight up criminal when it comes to dealerships.

Thorobred doesn't mark up there cars no matter what.

Not sure about the test drive... Good luck regardless.

Dave
Old 04-18-2015, 10:56 PM
Fawk
Instructor

Dave
Thanks Dave. Is the biggest concern with Vans the markup? I tentatively had a verbal agreement to get one ordered a little under MSRP. I guess worse case I can always test drive @ Vans and swing by Thorobred after.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:36 AM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Thanks Dave. Is the biggest concern with Vans the markup? I tentatively had a verbal agreement to get one ordered a little under MSRP. I guess worse case I can always test drive @ Vans and swing by Thorobred after.
I've bought a few cars from Van, always a knock down drag out.

Definitely not something I'd recommend.

But a deal can be had anywhere I'm sure!

Dave
Old 04-19-2015, 01:41 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Default Thorobred...

Dave
Thorobred may not mark up their prices but in my dealings with the sales department they were all sleaze bags. I went there 3 times when shopping for my C7 and they couldn't care less about customer service, even after I bought my C6 there. I spoke to someone else who bought a C7 there and they told me that, unless you deal directly with the owner of the dealership, you will get miserable service. So buyer beware.

As a result of my horrible experience I ended up buying my C7 at Kerbeck and had it shipped to AZ and the experience was a pleasure.

I do however have my C7 serviced at Thorobred because during the 7 years I had my C6 I developed a good working relationship with my service advisor, but even he said their sales department sucks.

I have also heard horror stories about Van Chevrolet as well, but they are the largest Corvette dealer--by volume--in AZ.

Good luck in your search for a dealer who will allow you a test drive.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:56 AM
itsphoenix
Racer

Gilbert Auto Nation is great. No mark-ups.
Stay away from Scottsdale too many customers with too much money and too little brains.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Fawk
Instructor

Everyone has a good range of positive and negative experiences. When you order through Kerbeck do you eat a hefty delivery fee? It may be in my better interest to at least wait until the prices and features are confirmed on the 2016s. Vans said they have 3 allocations for the 2015s left and to expect 90-120 days to recieve. I'm not unhappy with my current Vette so there is no dire rush but I do like the warranty on the 2015s.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Default Delivery fees...

Everyone has a good range of positive and negative experiences. When you order through Kerbeck do you eat a hefty delivery fee? It may be in my better interest to at least wait until the prices and features are confirmed on the 2016s. Vans said they have 3 allocations for the 2015s left and to expect 90-120 days to recieve. I'm not unhappy with my current Vette so there is no dire rush but I do like the warranty on the 2015s.
I paid $1,500 to have my C7 shipped from NJ to AZ via Intercity. With my discount and local sales tax savings it was well worth it. I highly doubt that any AZ dealer will discount C7's as much as Kerbeck, Coughlin, MacMulkin or other forum dealers will. Not to mention, the forum dealers are customer friendly unlike AZ dealers.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a good dealership in or around AZ

Old 04-19-2015, 02:13 PM
king awesome!
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Doug Bonham at Auto Nation Gilbert

Doug is the fleet manager at Auto Nation in Gilbert and the person i bought my Z06 from. Very helpful and very responsive. He also owns a C7 corvette. The dealership # is (866) 440-8075. i'll PM you his cell number.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:17 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Mythird1
I paid $1,500 to have my C7 shipped from NJ to AZ via Intercity. With my discount and local sales tax savings it was well worth it.
I was wondering how that works.

Do you just pay sate sales tax when you register the car since it was bought out of state?

How about county tax?

I think AZ state sales tax is 5.x%, which is better than paying 8.x% when county and city taxes are added.

Doug
Old 04-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I would just order out of state. There is no local dealership worth dealing with.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good dealership in or around AZ