C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Photo Album - yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 12:11 PM
peace22u
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Photo Album - yes or no?

Hello wise ones...
I am getting ready to schedule our buyer's tour (oh man, does it feel great to write that sentence!) and am curious what your thoughts are on the photo album. Is it worth $500? How many pictures are typical for the album? I'm ASSUMING it HAS to be pictures of OUR car...right? And finally, do they use the camera that takes ten pounds off?
Old 03-20-2015, 08:18 AM
WELEPRO
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 24 Posts

The photo album is worth every penny. I thought it was $700 though.....

Anyhow, it's a work of art. I'd say probably 20-30 pictures of your actual car going down the assembly line, with a narrative of what is happening in each photo. It's in a very nice leather case and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. You just spent at least $80k on the car......blow another few hundred and have this gem too!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:40 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WELEPRO

Anyhow, it's a work of art. I'd say probably 20-30 pictures of your actual car going down the assembly line, with a narrative of what is happening in each photo. It's in a very nice leather case and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. You just spent at least $80k on the car......blow another few hundred and have this gem too!
Thanks Welepro, I appreciate the feedback! It's $500 if you purchase it with the Buyer's Tour. I'm going to go for both. Our Z is pretty close to $100K so what's another .5%?
Old 03-20-2015, 09:07 AM
C5North
Race Director

Location: HOPE is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Old 03-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Low Ufo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default photo album

Get the photo album ! It is $700 US $ which translated into about $880 (give or take a few bucks) Canadian.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:15 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Low Ufo
Get the photo album ! It is $700 US $ which translated into about $880 (give or take a few bucks) Canadian.
I just spoke with NCM yesterday...if you purchase it with the Buyer's Tour, it is $500 USD. Their website is a little confusing but they will refund that $200 once they see that you've purchased both.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Jim Shearer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

My photo album came in yesterday. It was fantastic and a great keepsake of our Buyer's Tour. If you got a Z07 they will take a picture of you with your engine builder if he/she is there.

Worth every penny
Old 03-20-2015, 09:32 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the option and very glad I did.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:09 AM
BobSWFL
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peace22u
Hello wise ones...
I am getting ready to schedule our buyer's tour (oh man, does it feel great to write that sentence!) and am curious what your thoughts are on the photo album. Is it worth $500? How many pictures are typical for the album? I'm ASSUMING it HAS to be pictures of OUR car...right? And finally, do they use the camera that takes ten pounds off?
My photo album arrived yesterday. The shipping box has surprise text inside (you'll see), the album is leather bound and wrapped in a soft cotton holder. The pictures show your car getting fenders and quarters and hood and roof and windshield, engine before install, the "marriage" moment when chassis meets body, the splashdown when the tires first touch down and support the car, alignment jig, test dyno station, etc. It is a surreal trip through a mystery you never, ever see with a new car purchase. (Unless you take the tour.)

My car is on a truck coming from OH to FL at this time ... yet I feel bonded with it already, thanks to the album.

I was on the fence until the photo album arrived. Now I'm happy with it and would do it again. Can't wait to sit around with friends and flip through it with them.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:16 AM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by peace22u
Thanks Welepro, I appreciate the feedback! It's $500 if you purchase it with the Buyer's Tour. I'm going to go for both. Our Z is pretty close to $100K so what's another .5%?
I'm at 3000 and getting close the a TPW, and I have just registered for the tour and pictures. My thinking is it will only happen once for me so I'm going all out. The recommendations on this forum convinced me.
Wife is also cool with this. We'll have a blast.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Rd16rr
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Photo Album - yes or no?

Quick Reply: Photo Album - yes or no?