C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

$5,000 off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 11:32 PM
2014stingrayjoe
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default $5,000 off MSRP

I just got the call from a friend that they have an allocation available for immediate order . will be 5000 off msrp and in the tn/ky region. email me directly at 99vettejoe@comcast.net. must be ready to order now.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 AM
AD2386
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

That's one awesome deal!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

yes it is. 74K for a base Z06? wow!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:54 AM
carcrazyandbroke
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014stingrayjoe
I just got the call from a friend that they have an allocation available for immediate order . will be 5000 off msrp and in the tn/ky region. email me directly at 99vettejoe@comcast.net. must be ready to order now.
That's 3 months earlier than my prediction. Discounts are coming!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Flynbyu23
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$5000 off is good....The dealer is still making $3000, and earning an allocation for another. I discount orders heavily. In stock units need to make a little more.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:08 AM
NGS
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrazyandbroke
I am wondering whether this means the initial rush to be first to own the biggest/baddest is waning? Perhaps this has something to do with it being a $100K car (optioned appropriately) verses the C6-Z, which was more like a $75K car (again, optioned appropriately). While it is only a $25K difference, the economy in 2006/2007 was a bit different than today... the demographics of those who would want to purchase a Z-06 has not changed all that much in this time-frame.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:42 AM
carcrazyandbroke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NGS
I am wondering whether this means the initial rush to be first to own the biggest/baddest is waning? Perhaps this has something to do with it being a $100K car (optioned appropriately) verses the C6-Z, which was more like a $75K car (again, optioned appropriately). While it is only a $25K difference, the economy in 2006/2007 was a bit different than today... the demographics of those who would want to purchase a Z-06 has not changed all that much in this time-frame.
'I am wondering whether this means the initial rush to be first to own the biggest/baddest is waning?"

I think this is the case. There are few people that will/can step up to the plate to spend list for a known inflated product.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:53 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Thats great news for somebody that wants to save some money. I think that discounts on the Z06 will start to be the norm pretty soon.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

I think it is just a dealer that doesn't want to lose an allocation and willing to 'take a hit' knowing they are still going to make a good amount on the sale.

Good for the right buyer nonetheless
Old 03-19-2015, 12:02 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Disposable income for all but the very, very, highest income individuals has evaporated. All financial literature regarding that subject is in agreement with that statement. Toys that are near or approaching the century mark are going to be an extremely tough sell and that is regrdless of performance specifications. The 15 thousand dollar discounts that were seen with the C6 Z06s will be available far sooner than some of the resident experts here have predicted. Tell your friendly neighborhood Chevy dealer to shove his BS about "limited production", "tight allocations", etc. as there will be NO shortage of one hundred thousand dollar Corvettes.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Our local Daytona dealer has been dropping below MSRP on Z06's since the Rolex 24 weekend, whenever that was. I got a call that weekend from them, but I didn't go for it.

Before the weekend was over, they had sold all 3 of them.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:25 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

'I am wondering whether this means the initial rush to be first to own the biggest/baddest is waning?"

I think this is the case. There are few people that will/can step up to the plate to spend list for a known inflated product.

Known inflated product? In a single statement you blew away any credibility you may have had with respect to auto knowledge. Great statement!

The last consensus day for the 2015 Z06 is April 9. People have been foreseeing the drop in price for months now and it hasn't occurred, but for sporadic dealers that want to move there allocation fast such as this. There are just as many threads of people still trying to get their allocation... There are also a slew of dealers who advertise discounts but never pull through when the buyer steps up... I don't believe the discounts received until someone posts it...and well, we haven't seen to many of those now have we?

Can't wait ... 2016s will be arriving and you will highlight a 2015 that is on the dealers lot below MSRP.

Last edited by AllFlash; 03-19-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:29 PM
2006Z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Don't know how true that is over there, but in Southern California, its still $30K over! My friend just tried to buy one and was turned away. They have sold them all for $20k or $30K over here.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:40 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Disposable income for all but the very, very, highest income individuals has evaporated. All financial literature regarding that subject is in agreement with that statement. Toys that are near or approaching the century mark are going to be an extremely tough sell and that is regrdless of performance specifications. The 15 thousand dollar discounts that were seen with the C6 Z06s will be available far sooner than some of the resident experts here have predicted. Tell your friendly neighborhood Chevy dealer to shove his BS about "limited production", "tight allocations", etc. as there will be NO shortage of one hundred thousand dollar Corvettes.
Stop with the drama. There is no shortage of folks looking to buy Z06's at whatever price the market brings. Porsche, BMW and others are having no problem selling cars that cost more. The only reason folks may be having problems moving cars like this is due to the stiff competition from so many choices on the market. (ie GTR,GT3,Viper,Z06 Jaguar and Shelby)

Discounts are surely around. And many have claimed to have gotten them. But I have yet to see anyone post the bill of sale or any other evidence to show what they actually ended up paying.
Folks say a lot of things on the net.
Dealers will tell you anything to get you to the table. (bait and switch)

It no one’s business what you paid for your car.
But I've seen only 1 or 2 folks on this forum who actually claimed to have received a discount themselves. It’s always "someone said or my friend got".
Old 03-19-2015, 12:42 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Can't wait ... 2016s will be arriving and you will highlight a 2015 that is on the dealers lot below MSRP.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:43 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Originally Posted by 2006Z06
Wow! Don't know how true that is over there, but in Southern California, its still $30K over! My friend just tried to buy one and was turned away. They have sold them all for $20k or $30K over here.
No!! That cannot be true, people won't be paying over MSRP for a Z06 [Sarcasm]
Old 03-19-2015, 01:56 PM
carcrazyandbroke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Known inflated product? In a single statement you blew away any credibility you may have had with respect to auto knowledge. Great statement!

The last consensus day for the 2015 Z06 is April 9. People have been foreseeing the drop in price for months now and it hasn't occurred, but for sporadic dealers that want to move there allocation fast such as this. There are just as many threads of people still trying to get their allocation... There are also a slew of dealers who advertise discounts but never pull through when the buyer steps up... I don't believe the discounts received until someone posts it...and well, we haven't seen to many of those now have we?

A new automobile at list price (especially with a "Market Adjustment") is an inflated price point. Not just the Z06.

Of course, you can believe anything you choose too.

A good example is the recent $15k to $18k discounts on the Z28s. Do you think they sold them at a loss?

Last edited by carcrazyandbroke; 03-19-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To $5,000 off MSRP

Old 03-19-2015, 01:57 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by dar02081961
Stop with the drama. There is no shortage of folks looking to buy Z06's at whatever price the market brings. Porsche, BMW and others are having no problem selling cars that cost more. The only reason folks may be having problems moving cars like this is due to the stiff competition from so many choices on the market. (ie GTR,GT3,Viper,Z06 Jaguar and Shelby)

Discounts are surely around. And many have claimed to have gotten them. But I have yet to see anyone post the bill of sale or any other evidence to show what they actually ended up paying.
Folks say a lot of things on the net.
Dealers will tell you anything to get you to the table. (bait and switch)

It no one’s business what you paid for your car.
But I've seen only 1 or 2 folks on this forum who actually claimed to have received a discount themselves. It’s always "someone said or my friend got".
Gee, GTRs, GT3s, Vipers, Z06s, Jaguars, Shelbys, etc aren't selling? Is that because nobody wants them, obviously not. There just isn't enough discretionary income around anymore. this fact is quite well known in the financial industry. This is a very simple reality at this point in time but obviously difficult for some to comprehend.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:02 PM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Gee, GTRs, GT3s, Vipers, Z06s, Jaguars, Shelbys, etc aren't selling? Is that because nobody wants them, obviously not. There just isn't enough discretionary income around anymore. this fact is quite well known in the financial industry. This is a very simple reality at this point in time but obviously difficult for some to comprehend.
I'm not sure why you think that. We are at the tail end of one of the strongest bull markets in the past 30 years. The market is up over 100% from where it was just 7 years ago. The people that are buying 100k cars are probably doing better than they have in the last 25 years. Discretionary income for most people may be down, but I'd say it's up for this demographic.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by schaibaa
I'm not sure why you think that. We are at the tail end of one of the strongest bull markets in the past 30 years. The market is up over 100% from where it was just 7 years ago. The people that are buying 100k cars are probably doing better than they have in the last 25 years. Discretionary income for most people may be down, but I'd say it's up for this demographic.
People who can afford a Z are doing better than 07' or 08' for sure.

Quick Reply: $5,000 off MSRP