C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

$5k Adder for ZO7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Default $5k Adder for ZO7?

Went to the dealer today in Tomball, TX to check out a LMB Z07. While it was not the exact car I wanted I did talk numbers with them. The sales manager said that the car I was looking at which stickered for $112,xxx would have a $5k adder to it because it was a Z07 which is rare. I said no way and since I was going to order one the way I wanted then there should not be any adder. This was refused. I pointed out that the Z07 package carried a $7995 adder to the base so why another $5k. More BS followed. They even gave me a parting shot saying if it was a base Z06 sure they would sale for sticker. SO, is there really a dealer on this forum that will order a car the way I want for MSRP? FYI that car was stunning!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:32 PM
spz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Reeves
Went to the dealer today in Tomball, TX to check out a LMB Z07. While it was not the exact car I wanted I did talk numbers with them. The sales manager said that the car I was looking at which stickered for $112,xxx would have a $5k adder to it because it was a Z07 which is rare. I said no way and since I was going to order one the way I wanted then there should not be any adder. This was refused. I pointed out that the Z07 package carried a $7995 adder to the base so why another $5k. More BS followed. They even gave me a parting shot saying if it was a base Z06 sure they would sale for sticker. SO, is there really a dealer on this forum that will order a car the way I want for MSRP? FYI that car was stunning!
Ordered mine from reliable chevy in springfield mo. no wait list fee. ordered car the way I wanted. mrsp. they have blue under invoice in showroom monday
Old 03-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Contact there? You can PM me.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:55 PM
rwillitt
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Ordered mine in Florida. List only, no BS, so they do exist.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
EBSDallas
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered mine from a local dealer for MSRP. I ordered my '06 Z06 from the same dealer also at MSRP. I had no problems with them either time.

EBS
Old 03-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone! I have a contact that I will be following up with. As a side note the salesman told me so much crap like if I wanted carbon over painted that there is a longer lead time to get it. I told him time did not matter because I was going to ORDER it. I really wish Corvette could break off from being sold at chevy dealers. Maybe become their own brand.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:30 PM
mpizz
Racer

Got my ZR1 from them in 2011! Will never get anything from them again !
Old 03-04-2015, 06:38 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Eric, Classic Chevrolet down in Sugarland is usually a no-hassle MSRP dealer here in town.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:48 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Laguna Blue? LMB (La Mans Blue) has not been available since 2007.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,029 Posts

That's ridiculous. Additional charge for Z07. As stated earlier it's already in the sticker price. Especially once you find out you are going to have to buy different tires for regular driving. I've been sitting in a waiting area all day having mine changed and was darn lucky I found the 2 for the rear. They are currently out of production and a 6-8 week national back order.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:10 PM
G352C6
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
Eric, Classic Chevrolet down in Sugarland is usually a no-hassle MSRP dealer here in town.
Joe Machacek is your man at Classic! He's honest, fair, knowledgeable, and quick to responding your calls and e-mails. He is also a forum member.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Thank you everyone! Good to know you guys are there to help me out. Also glad to know my memory wasn't failing me yet when I brought up Joe at Classic. Surprised they did not respond to it then.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:44 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Try any of the Forum dealers.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:20 PM
URBAN LEGEND
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You did the right thing by walking away. You should drive your Z07 over to their dealership and show them how they screwed up.

Oh wait. They could care less.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:51 PM
930man
Instructor

BS i wouldn't do over
Old 03-04-2015, 09:18 PM
mtm87tx
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was it Parkway Chevrolet? I bought a C6Z from them in 2012 and they made up some story about some guy in the parking lot waiting to buy the car if I didnt so they couldnt discount (with cash). Granted the car was already a good deal but still...
Old 03-04-2015, 09:46 PM
ccamp44
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you everyone! Good to know you guys are there to help me out. Also glad to know my memory wasn't failing me yet when I brought up Joe at Classic. Surprised they did not respond to it then.

I grew up with Joe... Bought my SG Z07 from him along with a couple of Tahoe's over the last couple years. He and Classic are no BS and I guarantee he knows more about vettes than most salesmen in Houston.

Go see him!

Get notified of new replies

To $5k Adder for ZO7?

Old 03-04-2015, 09:47 PM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,102 Likes on 753 Posts

No way I'd ever have anything to do with a dealer like that. Never!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Considering the fact that most locals had identified where I went, yes it was Parkland Chevy and I will never go back again. When they called me yesterday I told them I was serious buyer and even looking at a Ferrrari. Admitted that the vette was where my head and heart was. Agreed to meet them between 3-4pm today and then be blown off? Now to add to this, we all know how Chevy tries to police the site and offer help. I would be very impressed to see them step in in this instance and show they, not the dealers, control the situation. Will not hold my breath.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:24 AM
CharlieK1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Call Paul Masse Chevrolet in Providence, RI ask for Dave Wellington and tell him Charlie referred you.... They might help with the shipping??? But they will NO doubt sell to you at sticker. And they have allocations I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and being built this week

Quick Reply: $5k Adder for ZO7?