C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tracking delivery to CA. Onstar or tracking rail car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 04:54 PM
c7jim
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tracking delivery to CA. Onstar or tracking rail car

My SG A8 zo7 is supposed to be en route from Toledo to northern California. i would like to track it's progress.
I tried calling onstar and they told me the button inside the car needs to be pushed in order to activate. even if the system is actvated, they told me they only track a vehicle when it has been stolen or missing. They only communicate with law enforcement on such occasions And not with vehicle owner.
I also understand there is also a way to track the rail car it's on, but I have no ideahow to do so, nor does my dealer.
I see many others tracking their vehicle deliveries, any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
Old 02-23-2015, 05:09 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

OnStar:
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...ss-set-up.html

Rail:
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...ar-number.html
Old 02-23-2015, 05:14 PM
sdtoothdoc
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Have your dealer pull up the info on their system and it will show your cars progress by date. Once it gets on a train car, the train car will show as letters and numbers for you to use, as Bob shared using the links he provided
Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 AM
alandi
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by c7jim
My SG A8 zo7 is supposed to be en route from Toledo to northern California. i would like to track it's progress.
I tried calling onstar and they told me the button inside the car needs to be pushed in order to activate. even if the system is actvated, they told me they only track a vehicle when it has been stolen or missing. They only communicate with law enforcement on such occasions And not with vehicle owner.
I also understand there is also a way to track the rail car it's on, but I have no ideahow to do so, nor does my dealer.
I see many others tracking their vehicle deliveries, any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
Here is the easy way to track the rail car. Go to the Chat line at Chevrolet.com. Give the person at the other end your order number and ask them the location of the train containing your car and they will come back with location in about a minute. You can call them anytime that the chat line is open. I have called twice in the last 2 days and have been able to track the progress of the train with my vehicle. I am also tracking one of the trains from Toledo to Milpitas, CA. If yours is on the same train as my the ETA is March 3.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:47 AM
c7jim
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alandi
Here is the easy way to track the rail car. Go to the Chat line at Chevrolet.com. Give the person at the other end your order number and ask them the location of the train containing your car and they will come back with location in about a minute. You can call them anytime that the chat line is open. I have called twice in the last 2 days and have been able to track the progress of the train with my vehicle. I am also tracking one of the trains from Toledo to Milpitas, CA. If yours is on the same train as my the ETA is March 3.
yes it is...thanks, I'll try the chat line tomorrow . The wait is almost over
Old 02-26-2015, 01:02 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

My car started moving by truck to Toledo! Im so happy.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150225_220234.png
Views: 835
Size:  145.2 KB
Old 02-26-2015, 12:06 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

My C7Z was built on 1/29 and is in New Boston Michigan, it's been there for 2 weeks waiting to be put on a train to NY.
How long of a wait before they put them on the train?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:48 PM
s_c5519
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by george vee
My C7Z was built on 1/29 and is in New Boston Michigan, it's been there for 2 weeks waiting to be put on a train to NY.
How long of a wait before they put them on the train?
According to OnStar mine is (has been) in the same location as yours, except mine will be going to Boston...

Get notified of new replies

To Tracking delivery to CA. Onstar or tracking rail car

Quick Reply: Tracking delivery to CA. Onstar or tracking rail car