C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Price increase protected??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Low Ufo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Price increase protected??

I ordered my Z06 over 3 months ago (Canadian Dealer with an allocation), order accepted by GM. As of today, there is still NO target production week. With the announced price increase, my car's price increased a bit over $4,000. Question - If I do not change anything on my order, is the original price guaranteed?
Old 02-13-2015, 07:30 PM
RealliveMD
Advanced

Originally Posted by Low Ufo
I ordered my Z06 over 3 months ago (Canadian Dealer with an allocation), order accepted by GM. As of today, there is still NO target production week. With the announced price increase, my car's price increased a bit over $4,000. Question - If I do not change anything on my order, is the original price guaranteed?
I thought the price increase was only $1000. Either way you should be protected. Especially if you have a buyers order.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Low Ufo
Instructor

Originally Posted by RealliveMD
I thought the price increase was only $1000. Either way you should be protected. Especially if you have a buyers order.
That's what I thought. I just did the Build and Price on the website and it was just over $4k difference. .. (Canadian). Did the 3LZ option go up as well?
Old 02-13-2015, 07:44 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

You are price protected if you have your order number from the original order submitted. I might be a bit concerned though as there are so few Z06s coming to Canada and, from what I understand, all Western allocations have been moved forward and are progressing in the build process. They are actually starting to move the Ontario orders before the Eastern, as it appears. Further, the 28 original allocations were distributed and accounted for in August of last year, even before US distribution was initiated.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:38 AM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canadian prices increased $1,900 Z06 Coupe and $2,150 Z06 Convertible. I do not think that option prices or interior package prices changed.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:30 AM
Low Ufo
Instructor

Default Price protected

Just got an email from my dealer. Yes, I am price protected. Cars should be coming in March or so, but target production week has not yet been confirmed.

Waiting is the hardest part!
Old 02-14-2015, 11:21 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

If you are price protected, there is an order placed. Simply ask your dealer for a printout of the GM Workbench and that will be a way to confirm he has input EXACTLY as you asked for the order. It is a quick 2 min print and e-mail for him.

Get notified of new replies

To Price increase protected??

Quick Reply: Price increase protected??