C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 ZO6 Forum for trolls and bashers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 05:25 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Deathfly7
If you think the a8 in the z06 will be different than the c7 a8 then GM just trolled you.
Nope. YOU just trolled us. How many A8 Z06's have YOU driven? Right.

I truly don't understand you guys. You have ZERO knowledge about this, you take snipets that suit YOUR agenda and off you go.

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 01-24-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:26 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by OHV4LIFE
And you know all of this because you have driven a C6ZR1 and C7Z on the Nürburgring. Right?
No - I know this because this performance data 0-150 MPH etc.) is from Car and Driver testing results as well as Motortrends - comparing the C6 ZR1 times with the C7 Z06.

Additionally, the lack of higher end performance in the C7 Z06 was noted by both groups.

We have also seen the 100+ (120+ seems to be the most noticeable) MPH issue on roll races with stock and modded C7 Z06's.

Last edited by vtknight; 01-24-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:36 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by vtknight
As of this moment - I honestly think you are right as I have begun looking at C6 ZR1's.

Again - it is unfortunate that commenting on data such as 100-150 MPH times is termed "bashing" - as that parameter is quite critical to road course performance on longer tracks (if you believe that the C7 Z06 is singularly focused on road course work or not).

You can check all of my posts - not once have I had something derogatory to say about the car and have been quite positive on it (as again I had a deposit on one).

Again - this forum is an interesting place - good luck with all of the sunshine.
If you are concerned about longer track performance, you should look at Jim Mero's times in the C7 Z06 verses the C6 ZR1 on VIR Grand Course...

Jimmy
Old 01-24-2015, 05:42 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
If you are concerned about longer track performance, you should look at Jim Mero's times in the C7 Z06 verses the C6 ZR1 on VIR Grand Course...

Jimmy
Don't feed the trolls...
Old 01-24-2015, 05:44 PM
OHV4LIFE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No - I know this because this performance data 0-150 MPH etc.) is from Car and Driver testing results as well as Motortrends - comparing the C6 ZR1 times with the C7 Z06.

Additionally, the lack of higher end performance in the C7 Z06 was noted by both groups.

We have also seen the 100+ (120+ seems to be the most noticeable) MPH issue on roll races with stock and modded C7 Z06's.
So, in other words, you don't have the experience or knowledge to predict what the C7Z's time will be at the 'Ring (btw, neither do I).
Old 01-24-2015, 05:54 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Jimmy
Thank-you Jimmy - That said, VIR is a medium sized course - not a long course like the Nurburgring (fair point that few are).

Additionally - and this is a factual thing - the repaving and widening of VIR has caused what some have said are ~four second faster differences in lap times.
Having someone take the ZR1 around VIR now with the track changes would be an interesting test.

Whether you believe that or not - I think the fact the record stated by GM is 2 seconds faster than the ~900 HP Porsche 918 (although driven by a non professional driver) is challenging to take in.

Here's the good news though Jimmy; we will find out in this years CD 2015 Lightening Lap.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:04 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by OHV4LIFE
So, in other words, you don't have the experience or knowledge to predict what the C7Z's time will be at the 'Ring (btw, neither do I).
I of course agree that I nor anyone can predict what time the C7 Z06 will be capable of at the Nurburgring.

All I can do is use the data that is available to us - like CD and MT test data - and as you did - look at how it could potentially affect its performance at the NBR.

Again - the fact that Ford was able to successfully test a car that was only unveiled less than two weeks ago (the GT350R) and GM has not - makes me believe there may be something to this. As I stated - the ZR1 has a strong time and although the Z06 may have been faster - it may not have been the "impactful" time they hoped for - perhaps because of the loss of time in the 100+ MPH straights - which at NBR are many.

Maybe GM - correctly - believed that 99% of customers who actually track their cars would only be at small to medium length courses and that is what they focused on (which is now at a very focused level of design scope if we also remove straight line performance).

As I've said many times - I expect the Z06 to at least be top two in this years Lightning Lap and any other short course it is on. This is the C7 Z06's strength and focus.

Last edited by vtknight; 01-24-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:04 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 408 Likes on 256 Posts

Is it so important to critique every single thing about the car why can we just go drive and enjoy the car? So what if it's a slower here and there or a stitch on the seat is out of place etc... It's not a perfect car but a pretty damn nice one IMHO.
This is not a million dollar plus - 918, La Ferrari or P1. It has a lower msrp then a C6 ZR1 and Viper TA.
Stop the whining and just enjoy your new ride when it gets here. Gone.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:42 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by CDNZR
Is it so important to critique every single thing about the car why can we just go drive and enjoy the car? So what if it's a slower here and there or a stitch on the seat is out of place etc... It's not a perfect car but a pretty damn nice one IMHO.
This is not a million dollar plus - 918, La Ferrari or P1. It has a lower msrp then a C6 ZR1 and Viper TA.
Stop the whining and just enjoy your new ride when it gets here. Gone.
This is a good example of many posts - by similar-thinking individuals on this forum;

"So what? Just appreciate the car! Look how good it is HERE. Stop whining! It's a pretty nice car - so what's the problem - it's not a million dollar car after all?"

We are very different individuals my friend. If I bought ANY items besides maybe dessert or bubble gum - with this type of thinking - I wonder what the condition of my house, other cars and any other material item would be like?

I choose with more care and my expectations are not to simply grin and blindly buy everything offered on the planet.

Being honest - I'm just not that wealthy.

I'm also not emotionally attached to any one car to the point of associating my self worth to any comments others may say about my car or a car I want.
I have no problem discussing issues with any car I own or have owned.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Al Pettee
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
It simply isn't that important unless the "road course" you're driving on is an oval....
Have you ever driven Watkins Glen?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:29 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Thank-you Jimmy - That said, VIR is a medium sized course - not a long course like the Nurburgring (fair point that few are).

Additionally - and this is a factual thing - the repaving and widening of VIR has caused what some have said are ~four second faster differences in lap times.
Having someone take the ZR1 around VIR now with the track changes would be an interesting test.

Whether you believe that or not - I think the fact the record stated by GM is 2 seconds faster than the ~900 HP Porsche 918 (although driven by a non professional driver) is challenging to take in.

Here's the good news though Jimmy; we will find out in this years CD 2015 Lightening Lap.

VIR Grand Course is 4.1 miles long...hardly a "medium" sized course.

Jimmy
Old 01-24-2015, 08:35 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,841 Likes on 1,157 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Al Pettee
Have you ever driven Watkins Glen?
No. Summit Point. For nearly 18 years.

There's no section of the Glen that a C7 Z06's (perceived) lack of 100-150 acceleration is going to counter the fact that it can burn through turns a lot faster. That's the point of a road course.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

You guys that start these threads are just as bad as the trolls that complain about everything about the Z06. Jesus, let it go and maybe they'll go away.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

This Nurburgring thing is just silly....asked and answered.

Tadge has stated that the weather did not allow a clean lap when they were there. Contrary to what certain "experts" think, the Corvette team did not spend the SUMMER in Germany. Now, you can call Tadge a liar or you can accept what he said as the truth.

Jimmy
Old 01-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

LMFAO at trying to discredit the C7 Z06's track worthiness because it is supposedly "2 seconds slower" from 100-150 mph. Seriously? I can't believe that this is a position people think they can defend as reasonable.
S.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:20 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by Snorman
LMFAO at trying to discredit the C7 Z06's track worthiness because it is supposedly "2 seconds slower" from 100-150 mph. Seriously? I can't believe that this is a position people think they can defend as reasonable.
S.
This is another example of what I am writing about. I in no way stated the C7 Z06 is not track worthy because it is 2 seconds slower 100-150 MPH.

What I did say is that this loss of time may affect overall lap times on larger road courses - specifically why there is no Nurburgring time yet as the ZR1 already has a phenomenal time and the Z06 may not have created a time "grand" enough in comparison in GMs opinion to publicize.

I also went on to say that short to mid size road courses - including VIR - will be the Z06's strong suit and I expect it to dominate there.

It's these extreme reactions that I just don't understand - it's not black or white - I think the car has many strong points. If I say one thing about a cars performance - it does not mean I believe ALL of its performance is somehow bad.
Again - it's not personal - we are discussing a car.

Last edited by vtknight; 01-24-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:27 PM
vtknight
Drifting

This Nurburgring thing is just silly....asked and answered.

Tadge has stated that the weather did not allow a clean lap when they were there. Contrary to what certain "experts" think, the Corvette team did not spend the SUMMER in Germany. Now, you can call Tadge a liar or you can accept what he said as the truth.

Jimmy
This is possible Jimmy.

I think it's the fact that Ford was able to get a car that was unveiled only 10-14 days ago and that is not even close to being released - not only a lap time - but a really good one (in its segment).

The Z28 also seemed to be able to get a laptime - despite bad weather.

Last edited by vtknight; 01-24-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZO6 Forum for trolls and bashers

Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

This is possible Jimmy.

I think it's the fact that Ford was able to get a car that was unveiled only 10-14 days ago and that is not even close to being released - not only a lap time - but a really good one (in its segment).

The Z28 also seemed to be able to get a laptime - despite bad weather.

Again....Tadge said they could not get a clean, dry lap....take it or leave it, Believe or don't believe.

Jimmy
Old 01-24-2015, 10:16 PM
js59
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

As of this moment - I honestly think you are right as I have begun looking at C6 ZR1's.

Again - it is unfortunate that commenting on data such as 100-150 MPH times is termed "bashing" - as that parameter is quite critical to road course performance on longer tracks (if you believe that the C7 Z06 is singularly focused on road course work or not).

You can check all of my posts - not once have I had something derogatory to say about the car and have been quite positive on it (as again I had a deposit on one).

I guess next we will start seeing people second guess the Prius because of its 0-60 time. As far as I know, that was never the intended strength for that car - just as roll racing, drag racing or top speed runs was never the intended focus of the z06.
If you want roll race performance, it seems that it is pretty obvious at this point that a viper or zr1 is the way to go.

Again - this forum is an interesting place - good luck with all of the sunshine.
I have said this before and I will say it again - the z06 has always been a track focused car - and never a 100-150 car. The last gen was and so is this one. Please let me know what track 100-150 time is a handicap. The viper acr is slower on the top end than this car and it pretty much whoops everything's a$$ on every track - including the exalted, "top speed oriented" ring.

Why is this group of supposed knowlgeable corvette enthusiasts now thinking that the z06 is a drag racer, roll racer, etc.?? I am truly confused. As far as I know the z06 has always been and always will be more focused on lap times than anything else. Period.

Last edited by js59; 01-24-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:49 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by js59
I have said this before and I will say it again - the z06 has always been a track focused car - and never a 100-150 car. The last gen was and so is this one. Please let me know what track 100-150 time is a handicap. The viper acr is slower on the top end than this car and it pretty much whoops everything's a$$ on every track - including the exalted, "top speed oriented" ring.

Why is this group of supposed knowlgeable corvette enthusiasts now thinking that the z06 is a drag racer, roll racer, etc.?? I am truly confused. As far as I know the z06 has always been and always will be more focused on lap times than anything else. Period.

x10

Someone else who gets it...

Quick Reply: C7 ZO6 Forum for trolls and bashers