C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Auto seat adjustment problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 04:28 PM
rkolkmeier
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auto seat adjustment problems

Has anyone had issues with their Auto seat adjustment not working? I have mine set to adjust on ignition on from the exit setting. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does nothing. I even push the setting button on the door and it still wont adjust to the programed setting. Steering column may move a little then nothing have to keep pushing it then maybe after 5-10 pushes it will move to the preset position.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Milzy
Intermediate

Mine does that when BOTH keyfobs are in the car. With only one fob it works fine.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:32 PM
rkolkmeier
Advanced

I think the problem is that I programed with both keys in the car. So I reprogrammed with one key in the car. It worked fine for awhile today then started doing it again with only the one key in the car. Is there a way to wipe out the current program? I thought reprogramming with one key would do it.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

I've had the same problem, and have had to set and reset the seats & mirror positions. Very frustrating!

Just had my 500 mile oil change and then the seat programming was gone, and somehow my radio volume was really low, even when turning it to almost full volume. I know the techs at this particular service department do not mess with the settings, not to mention this happened repeatedly before the service.

Though unrelated with the radio settings, definitely some gremlins in my car. It goes back Monday for a non functioning GPS!

Good to know BG has quality control down to a science now!
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 PM
amgman
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rkolkmeier
Has anyone had issues with their Auto seat adjustment not working? I have mine set to adjust on ignition on from the exit setting. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does nothing. I even push the setting button on the door and it still wont adjust to the programed setting. Steering column may move a little then nothing have to keep pushing it then maybe after 5-10 pushes it will move to the preset position.
yes. Yes, unable to get it to work properly yet
Old 01-17-2015, 09:13 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by rkolkmeier

99% sure your exit position is against the rear bulkhead limit switch. See my post here as what you describe is the same as I had.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588291679

I think this will solve your problem. I had a similar issue. My exit position was all the way back and hitting the limit switch, and I had the same 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 problem... Push and hold 1...seat moves 1mm...push and hold 1...seat moves 1mm...push and hold 1...seat moves 1mm...

Simply re-setting my exit position with the seat back off of the rear bulkhead limit switch cured it.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Milzy
Intermediate

One other thing, the parking brake must be applied, manual transmission cars, for the system to work.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Milzy
One other thing, the parking brake must be applied, manual transmission cars, for the system to work.
That's true for press-and-release and for the auto-return on door open/ignition on. With the parking brake off, press and hold of the preset will move towards the preset position while the button is held. It will stop if you release the button.

Either scenario will NOT work if the exit position is against the limit switch. The fix is to move the seat forward just a bit and re-set the exit position.

GM made this really simple for us, eh?
Old 01-20-2015, 11:27 PM
IMMD
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I had this exact problem with my stingray. The dealer did a software update and it has been resolved. I had two other issues. The main screen flashed between whatever I had it set on and another screen with an analog clock. It only did this when it was cold. Didn't happen at all in the summer. As soon as the temp hit 60 in the morning this fall, it started again. They just replaced the screen and it is resolved. I also have a problem with it not recognizing my phone and I can not use the steering control for phone, radio, iPod, etc. They did some update but it did not fix it. I need to bring it back before winter is over and see if they can resolve that issue, too.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto seat adjustment problems

Quick Reply: Auto seat adjustment problems