C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tall people in a Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 AM
speedmon
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

They ruined it.
I fit fine in the C5 and C6.....but C7 is short and tight.
Can't drive fast if you're not comfortable.

Its a pretty car though.

Maybe just as well....cuz in my search I found out that there is C5 leg room in a GTR! And its quicker! more traction and all.
It just looks like a dork-mobile.....but you don't drive a car from the outside.

I wish I could put the C7Z body on the GTR, then I would have the best of both worlds.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:25 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 6' with a 36" inseam but only 145lbs, I'm reaching for the clutch at full press and still have room to put the seat back. Haven't tried stuffing my 6'4" hubby in the car yet though. Helmet not a problem, I bought the convertible, so I have plenty of leg room. My only seat complaint (and I have the GT seat) is that the bottom side bolsters are poking into my thighs just below the hip, but I think those will soften up with use.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:56 AM
SidePipeMusic
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My concern/issue (as I should have detailed in the first post) was/is headroom. I had the seat all the way back and pushed the clutch to the floor, and I have enough room with a 34" inseam. And no, my head wasn't hitting the glass top by any means, but boy was I close to the roof, thus my helmet concern...
Old 01-06-2015, 06:37 PM
marczem
Advanced

Originally Posted by MaynardZed
Are your arms in a comfortable flexed position if you have to do this though? Are Stingrays basically the same if a Z isn't available to test fit?
My arms are slightly bent. I also bring the steering wheel as far out as possible. I will admit that with the helmet and spending time at the track (did Spring Mountain) it is a little tight. Without the helmet, it's not too bad (not perfect, but for me it was very tolerable and no issue driving for extended periods). The C7 is noticeably smaller than the C6 and if I had a choice, I would prefer the space the C6 had.

The interior of the Z06 is the same as the Stingray -- I was told that the legroom, headroom, etc. were all the same.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:40 PM
marczem
Advanced

Originally Posted by SidePipeMusic
My concern/issue (as I should have detailed in the first post) was/is headroom. I had the seat all the way back and pushed the clutch to the floor, and I have enough room with a 34" inseam. And no, my head wasn't hitting the glass top by any means, but boy was I close to the roof, thus my helmet concern...
I have a 35" inseam and similar issue with the headroom when wearing the helmet. Without the glass top, my helmet would sometimes rub against the top. It was a little annoying since at times I had to slouch.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:31 PM
speedmon
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Having crawled around inside the C7 cockpit....I'm pretty sure any of the length and height issues could be resolved with a fixed back race seat like a Sparco or Corbeau......

Part of the issue is the embedded airbags in the seats make them thicker. (and maybe higher?).

A fixed back racing seat is a pain to get in and out of for a daily driver, but another solution would be to install a seat from a C5 which doesn't have the embedded airbags and has a lower seat height. The mounting posts might even be in the same location.....if it was the same electrical connector that would be a miracle.
But then the question is would the car let you drive it around with an airbag error code.

LG would know.....those guys are very dimensional oriented.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Im 6'4 275 lbs...I fit fine. Its not a caddy or anything, its a cockpit as it should be.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Ronbo13
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

6’3”, 255, 34 inseam. A little tighter than my C6 but not undriveable
Old 01-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,122 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by MaynardZed
Are your arms in a comfortable flexed position if you have to do this though? Are Stingrays basically the same if a Z isn't available to test fit?
Same frame used in the Z and Stingray. Should be the same interior room. Before I would order a Z, I would sit in both. A lot of money to spend for a Z and not be comfortable.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:00 PM
ruquik
Racer

6.5 250lbs sat in two vettes one with and without sports seats with the seats all the way down and back my knees was in the dash and head touching the roof.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Tnacdrmr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
Fit in my C5 was great. Fit in my C6 is a lot tighter but still works. Fit in the C7's I have sat in are extremely tight for me. Almost a no go. I am 6'6. What the heck are they thinking by shrinking these things each generation? They keep posting numbers that look nearly the same between generations, but the fit is nowhere the same. Oh, and I'm not heavy and I know how to adjust these seats for max room. C7 is tight anyway you slice it.
+1 c'mon GM I'm 6'3" 232lbs and don't consider myself extreme. Maybe in 1985 these dimensions were considered above average but in 2015, I'd get lost in a crowd.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:18 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,216 Likes on 6,020 Posts

6'4", 270, 34" inseam. No issues driving my student's car at VIR this summer. Car had comp seats and the solid roof in place. Have to get the seat right. Have to incline the seat back first so you can get the base all the way down and back. If the seat back hits the rear panel the whole seat stops moving. I think many don't actually get the seat down. Found I fit better by sliding the seat 1" closer so I can recline the seat a little. Didn't try disconnecting the seat sensor.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:00 AM
Bruce Bosch
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SidePipeMusic
I went to a friend's house this weekend to finally lay my eyes on the Z06 The car sounds incredible and I really liked the interior. My question is this-are tall folks buying these things? I'm 6'1"1/2, 200 lbs.-(not tall at all)- I had the seat all the way back. The seat situation is just big enough for me. The friend, who was doing some paint correction on the car, is 6'4". He says he couldn't own one-too small inside. I have been planning to buy one in late 2015 or early 2016, and still plan to. That said, I don't think I could fit with a helmet on... Am I missing something, or am I right? Thanks!
I just drove 3500 mile in my new 2015 ZO6 from a forum dealer in Dearborn to Portland Oregon. I am 6'5" 210 lbs 36 inseam and was extremely comfortable. Good head room and still a couple of inches of seat travel left. I drove a C7 at Spring Mountain in June and with a helmet still was comfortable. Great car and one of the few true sports cars I can fit comfortable into.

Quick Reply: Tall people in a Z06?