C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

More Z06's in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Default More Z06's in Vegas

I went straight to Findley Chevrolet on the way home from Cars and Coffee yesterday. They have two new Z06s they just received. A Z07 in crystal ruby red and a aero level 1 in arctic white. I talked to the salesman and all are selling/sold for $20K over MSRP...no negotiations. He did tell me they got approval from the sales manager to sell two to previous C7 and ZR1 buyers for $10K over MSRP. The ruby red has never been a favorite of mine but this car is beautiful! It has yellow calipers, again not my favorite, but wow did they look great!!! The white is simply stunning!!! Until you see these cars in person you just don't get it. Pictures do not so them justice. Its sad to say but they make the Stingray look very cheap. Great job on the Z06 Chevy, can't wait for mine to be built.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Ronbo13
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you want to be the first to have a new toy you will pay more. At the end of last year C7 prices were below MSRP but not when they first came out
Old 01-04-2015, 02:23 PM
C5North
Race Director

Location: HOPE is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Great cars stupid azz dealership.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:41 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Standard pricing for Vegas and people pay it.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:38 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 567 Posts

Someone had a hell of a day at the tables, other then that, your a idiot to pay over msrp. Or just plain rich and don't give a f---
Old 01-04-2015, 06:37 PM
c7jim
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default c7 vs. c7z

Originally Posted by Ronbo13
If you want to be the first to have a new toy you will pay more. At the end of last year C7 prices were below MSRP but not when they first came out
This is true, but GM built 32000+/- stingrays and GM is projecting to build a mere 4000+/- zo6s with 5600 preordered. I wouldn't pay up money over msrp myself, but I don't see any big discounts coming anytime soon, especially for the A8s. In fact scuttle has it, there will be a price increase in the coming months. Would'nt you if you have more buyers than units available to sell? Economics 101man. :
Old 01-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

Originally Posted by c7jim
This is true, but GM built 32000+/- stingrays and GM is projecting to build a mere 4000+/- zo6s with 5600 preordered. I wouldn't pay up money over msrp myself, but I don't see any big discounts coming anytime soon, especially for the A8s. In fact scuttle has it, there will be a price increase in the coming months. Would'nt you if you have more buyers than units available to sell? Economics 101man. :
So let me ask a dumb question...since there are more orders than vehicles being built is my order sitting at 1100 in jeopardy? The dealer has an allocation so does that mean my car is guaranteed to be built and it just may take a while or is there a chance my order may NEVER move from 1100?
Old 01-04-2015, 08:44 PM
1Turbo
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska SS
I went straight to Findley Chevrolet on the way home from Cars and Coffee yesterday. They have two new Z06s they just received. A Z07 in crystal ruby red and a aero level 1 in arctic white. I talked to the salesman and all are selling/sold for $20K over MSRP...no negotiations. He did tell me they got approval from the sales manager to sell two to previous C7 and ZR1 buyers for $10K over MSRP. The ruby red has never been a favorite of mine but this car is beautiful! It has yellow calipers, again not my favorite, but wow did they look great!!! The white is simply stunning!!! Until you see these cars in person you just don't get it. Pictures do not so them justice. Its sad to say but they make the Stingray look very cheap. Great job on the Z06 Chevy, can't wait for mine to be built.
I have been there numerous times and they are a JOKE ! I offered all Cash and they wouldn't budge. They remind me of Bill Heards Dealerships ( who just happened to go Bankrupt years ago ). I'll just find a gently used 1 from a Private Party. NO SALES TAX !
Old 01-04-2015, 09:08 PM
mfain
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 399 Posts

In Findley's defense, my family and I have purchased several cars from Findley (2011 Z06/Z07, Camaro, Tahoe, 2500 HD) and they have been up-front and honest about market pricing. I bought my 2011 Z06 in Sep. 2010 (one of the first Z07s available) for WELL under MSRP and they gave me a very fair trade-in price for my low mileage 2006 Z06, which I did not buy from them. The Vegas market can stand the current mark-ups, and Findley will adjust their pricing when the time comes. I don't like the mark-ups, but I don't take it personally, it's just business. And...Findley's service and personal friendships after the sale have been superb.

Pappy
Old 01-05-2015, 05:09 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 222 Posts

This is true, but GM built 32000+/- stingrays and GM is projecting to build a mere 4000+/- zo6s with 5600 preordered...
I think the 4,000 build projection was just one of many estimates by forum members. They built at least 2,000 in three months or less and they still have roughly six months of production time left. Mor than 1,800 cars were built between November 10 and December 19 alone. So 4,000 could be exceeded by a fair amount.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:54 AM
1Turbo
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryBob
I think the 4,000 build projection was just one of many estimates by forum members. They built at least 2,000 in three months or less and they still have roughly six months of production time left. Mor than 1,800 cars were built between November 10 and December 19 alone. So 4,000 could be exceeded by a fair amount.

if I was a betting man and I am, i'd definitely take the Over on the 4K estimates
Old 01-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

How do you know how many preorders there are? Discounts will come. This car won't be treated any different than previous ones. There may be less but there's also less people willing to spend $80k minimum, when Stingrays start at $54k.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Stopped by the Henderson Chevy dealer today 2. More Z06's both +25K Dealer Market Adjustment. Both Bright red, Says they are selling at that price.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default $8,000 discount in Orange County

In the Sunday paper last week I saw $8,000 discount on 2015 C7 Z51 and Verts..........
Mark my words, same discounts coming on Z06s within 12 months.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:16 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossofiron
In the Sunday paper last week I saw $8,000 discount on 2015 C7 Z51 and Verts..........
Mark my words, same discounts coming on Z06s within 12 months.

Another thing coming within 12 months will be a msrp increase.
But these dealer markups are interesting especially if there are buyers at these elevated prices.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6
Someone had a hell of a day at the tables, other then that, your a idiot to pay over msrp. Or just plain rich and don't give a f---
but as long as people do it, dealers will keep charging over MSRP.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:52 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

there are people who have money and want something now and don't care about MSRP or price. There is a huge market to export these cars too. since many countries around the world are not getting them directly imported. For some paying an extra dollar, 10 or 100 don't matter and the for others paying and extra 10, 20,30 k over is irrelevant. Buddie of mine is a Ferrari owner and he was talking to his dealer about the new LaFerrari. The buyer buyer paid full MSRP plus and extra 3 million in "donation" to the dealership to get the car since Ferrari has a rule that dealer can't sell it above MSRP....for him the 3 million was irrelevant...he wanted the car. Kinda like the guy building the 40 million dollar house not far from here, for him he wanted his entire back deck in Marble (looks like a mini Cesars)... money was no object and it's not his only house. To each it's own, everyone has a different value perspective and how much they are willing to pay to get what they want. it's all up to your own assessment. Everyone else opinion is just that, theirs, it has nothing to do with how you choose to live your life.

Get notified of new replies

To More Z06's in Vegas

Old 01-09-2015, 09:22 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska SS
So let me ask a dumb question...since there are more orders than vehicles being built is my order sitting at 1100 in jeopardy? The dealer has an allocation so does that mean my car is guaranteed to be built and it just may take a while or is there a chance my order may NEVER move from 1100?
There is a simple answer to your question, you have a order in (1100) and you state your dealer has an allocation, baring any constraints, all your dealer needs to do is assign your order to that allocation.

Are you their only order or are there people in front of you, all dealers have been given a projection of how many Z06s they will get to the end of the model year. Your only real way to know is ask your dealer not just the salesman, find out who handles GM Workbench, that person will know how many are projected and on a bi-weekly basis they know when a allocation comes down.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Alaska SS
Racer

I am the one and only allocation at the dealership. I was told that they received and applied my order to the allocation. They never mentioned anything about constraints applied to the alloxation. Is that how it works and should they already know what they are allowed to order? I have two items that seem to be constrained...white roof and CFZ on a non Z07 2LZ.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Denstoy968
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stopped in at Findlay today so I could see the 2 Z06s they had especially since 1 is white and wanted to see what mine was gonna look like. The 1st salesman hardly spoke English and looked puzzled when I asked about the Z06s as they were not on showroom floor or anywhere to be found. He didn't seem like he knew what a Z06 was - scary! Finally, another salesman approached as he overheard me asking and told me they were both sold the day they hit! I asked if they went for over MSRP - sure did - $25k!! I told him that's crazy when you can get them at MSRP. He then proceeded to argue that point and said nobody is selling at MSRP! That's funny as I am paying MSRP at Kerbeck - his response.. Who's that and where are they? So I educated him a little bit and mentioned couple of forum dealers who are selling at MSRP and then he said that must be orders only. So I told him no that's for Z's in stock as well. He was flabbergasted and said other dealers are "devaluing" the car by not selling over at MSRP! I about s**t myself when he said this and bit my lip as I came real close to telling him that just cuz they are raping buyers doesn't mean everyone has to lol!! Anyway, after that pissing contest was over he did say that one of the Z06s is still in their garage if I want to see it - so of course I was excited and he took me upstairs to their garage and showed me a Crystal Red Z06 with Z07 pkg sitting there. First thing I noticed was yellow calipers on chrome wheels and hated it (the combo that is)! Yellow calipers on Crystal Red clash big time - well in my opinion and hope not offending anyone here especially if that was your car. The salesman said he couldn't get over how bad that combo looked - finally something we agreed on lol! But overall the Z06 did look sharp. Wish I saw the White but I'll have to wait 😜👍😁 On a side note - if my fellow Las Vegasans are willing to shell out $25k over I may throw a line out there and see what I catch - that's crazy!

Quick Reply: More Z06's in Vegas