C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Fasterproms Z06 Tune/Flex Fuel only results!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Freaked Ls3
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Who was the engine builder?
Old 01-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I just hope that the people reading this post realize that the bhp of the engines coming out of the factory do not vary that much(50 bhp delta); but the chassis dyno etc pulls do.

I see too many people on this forum that look at the rwhp number and then try and back into the bhp using 15%(or whatever)driveline loss to obtain some fictional horsepower at the crank.

The 650 bhp is SAE certified. The 558 or 570 or 585 or 603 rwhp that are showing up from chassis dynos are not SAE certified.

In fact, I've seen chassis dyno pulls on the same car have a 23 rwhp variance on back to back pulls, with no alterations done to the car.

So every engine in every car is dynoed and verified to make exactly 650bhp?
Old 01-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet!! Congrats Jeremy!! now bring it down to South Florida so I can take a look at the beast!!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:42 AM
camarodoctor
I ♥ My Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
No.

http://www.sae.org/certifiedpower/details.htm
Old 01-03-2015, 03:17 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
You pulled 603 and LGMotorsports pulled 558. No way that the LT4's are seeing a 50bhp delta coming out of the factory. They are much more consistent, engine to engine, than that.
The reason has already been addressed, the hero dyno runs are made when the car isn't up to operating temperature , there are also a bunch of tricks dyno operators can use to inflate numbers , this is nothing new.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:18 AM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 453 Likes on 255 Posts

the hero dyno runs are made when the car isn't up to operating temperature
This doesn't work.....the motor will spew rich BECAUSE it is not to operating temp and the ECM believes the motor is still cold!
Old 01-03-2015, 10:49 AM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont understand...It is not to our benefit say that the car made a high baseline. It would make it more difficult to gain power while tuning and subsequent other mods. I thought it would be neat to share some exceptional results with you guys....Thank you those that know me and to those that don't I have nothing to prove. I am about as transparent as they come and I won't mislead anybody. My father who was in this business always said "if you don't tell a lie you won't get caught in a lie".

I learned a long time ago the more you know the more you know you don't know.

There were no "dyno tricks" the car is in SAE correction and was up to 190deg F. I am the ANTI DYNO FLUFF guy, its merely a tool and the true test is the track. if you like here is the dynos phone number 813-988-3966 www.provenpowertampa.com please call them and ask if I was BSing. I have logged thousands of hours on this dyno and I myself was surprised, there have been many times that I have been disappointed on that dyno as well.

So lets get to some technical data: I rode in one car before ours came in I data logged it and watched the timing and boost. In virtually the same weather the cars had the same timing curve and created the same boost, 24deg and about 11psi. (This is not the case with all blown cars, adjusting the bypass valve on the blower can be worth as much as 2.5psi in some cases but usually about .5psi.) However if the heat soaking was such it would have retarded more timing and thus lowered the power. Also if the weather were cooler the MAF curve would deeper into the load and thus retard timing, guess what lowering the power.
After I opened up the air box and adjusted the bypass valve I took the car out on the street to get some preliminary tuning done before the dyno. It was significantly slower, Why? The MAF was pulling in much more air and my timing curve was at 9deg from 24deg @ WOT and the mixture was much richer, much deeper in the maf curve. I retweaked the timing and fuel curve to get them to where they needed to be and the car was a monster. Also let me note that in 65deg F weather the car was able to boost 2 more psi with the adjusted bypass valve and denser air, it didn't the next day with the hotter weather when we revisited the dyno.

I did four pulls with the car and they were back to back in 2 run hits. I wanted to see what the car would do hot in what I thought was a worst case scenario.

When people start tracking the cars we will see how she lines up with the rest of them. My old CTSV was the fastest manual in the country 11.08 @130 at one point and my old 14'stingray is 3rd fastest manual currently 10.25@140.33.
Thank you
Jeremy Formato
Old 01-05-2015, 06:33 AM
C7Z
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJFormato
I dont understand...It is not to our benefit say that the car made a high baseline. It would make it more difficult to gain power while tuning and subsequent other mods. I thought it would be neat to share some exceptional results with you guys....Thank you those that know me and to those that don't I have nothing to prove. I am about as transparent as they come and I won't mislead anybody. My father who was in this business always said "if you don't tell a lie you won't get caught in a lie".

I learned a long time ago the more you know the more you know you don't know.

There were no "dyno tricks" the car is in SAE correction and was up to 190deg F. I am the ANTI DYNO FLUFF guy, its merely a tool and the true test is the track. if you like here is the dynos phone number 813-988-3966 www.provenpowertampa.com please call them and ask if I was BSing. I have logged thousands of hours on this dyno and I myself was surprised, there have been many times that I have been disappointed on that dyno as well.

So lets get to some technical data: I rode in one car before ours came in I data logged it and watched the timing and boost. In virtually the same weather the cars had the same timing curve and created the same boost, 24deg and about 11psi. (This is not the case with all blown cars, adjusting the bypass valve on the blower can be worth as much as 2.5psi in some cases but usually about .5psi.) However if the heat soaking was such it would have retarded more timing and thus lowered the power. Also if the weather were cooler the MAF curve would deeper into the load and thus retard timing, guess what lowering the power.
After I opened up the air box and adjusted the bypass valve I took the car out on the street to get some preliminary tuning done before the dyno. It was significantly slower, Why? The MAF was pulling in much more air and my timing curve was at 9deg from 24deg @ WOT and the mixture was much richer, much deeper in the maf curve. I retweaked the timing and fuel curve to get them to where they needed to be and the car was a monster. Also let me note that in 65deg F weather the car was able to boost 2 more psi with the adjusted bypass valve and denser air, it didn't the next day with the hotter weather when we revisited the dyno.

I did four pulls with the car and they were back to back in 2 run hits. I wanted to see what the car would do hot in what I thought was a worst case scenario.

When people start tracking the cars we will see how she lines up with the rest of them. My old CTSV was the fastest manual in the country 11.08 @130 at one point and my old 14'stingray is 3rd fastest manual currently 10.25@140.33.
Thank you
Jeremy Formato
Thanks Jeremy 👍
Old 01-05-2015, 07:38 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

The cars are SAE Certitifed to make 650/650 with a extremely low variance - like 1%. So yes, there are no freaks that come off the line. The manufacturing process have extremely tight tolerances. These state of the art manufacturing processes do not allow for much variance.

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
Old 04-05-2016, 12:48 AM
c6hp4fun
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

You are aware that the owner's manual prohibits the use of E85 fuel? Doesn't say why.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:17 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by c6hp4fun
You are aware that the owner's manual prohibits the use of E85 fuel? Doesn't say why.
In factory form sure, it would be a bad idea....
Old 04-05-2016, 01:28 AM
Dan.S
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by T/A KID
In factory form sure, it would be a bad idea....
.... Lol. Naw, this cars legit, runs on Canola as well, great idea!

If someone can't figure out that an E85 Z06 is modified... I don't wana live anymore.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:27 PM
c6hp4fun
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's some more food for thought -- from a Chev. Service Manager:

I do not recommend the use of E85. E85 is extremely corrosive and not at all worth the effort. It may be cheap, but it also requires 35% more fuel to make the same amount of power. The other issue is the tuning. Once you tune a new Corvette, all bets are off should there ever be an engine, transmission or differential failure. Even if the tune is put back to stock prior to bringing the car in for service, GM has a lot of hidden info in the software that allows them to see if the vehicle was ever tuned. If it has been tuned then any major engine work would be the responsibility of the owner. GM will automatically request that info before allowing us to perform the warranty job.

Short answer is that I advise against using E85 in all but serious racing applications.

Rich Willhoff
Service & Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Old 04-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Rguy271
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

If you are using E85 you could care less about warranty work as your voided it the second you tuned the car.
The following users liked this post:
Dan.S (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Dan.S
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by c6hp4fun
Here's some more food for thought -- from a Chev. Service Manager:

I do not recommend the use of E85. E85 is extremely corrosive and not at all worth the effort. It may be cheap, but it also requires 35% more fuel to make the same amount of power. The other issue is the tuning. Once you tune a new Corvette, all bets are off should there ever be an engine, transmission or differential failure. Even if the tune is put back to stock prior to bringing the car in for service, GM has a lot of hidden info in the software that allows them to see if the vehicle was ever tuned. If it has been tuned then any major engine work would be the responsibility of the owner. GM will automatically request that info before allowing us to perform the warranty job.

Short answer is that I advise against using E85 in all but serious racing applications.

Rich Willhoff
Service & Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Half your points talking about E85 are garbage. "Not at all worth the effort"... Are fkn blind? E85 conversion is simple and nets better hp/$ than just about any mod. "Corrosive".... We aren't useing it for paint protection. Modern cars are built with the ability to withstand E85, this isn't 1990 anymore. More fuel, well that's not necessarily a secret is it, that's why the kits come with INJECTORS/PUMPS! What a concept.

Last edited by Dan.S; 04-06-2016 at 03:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DRLC5 (04-06-2016)
Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 AM
GrannySShifting
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fasterproms
We are currently working on a few modifications that have been proven to be extremely effective on the LSA blower that greatly diminish and virtually eliminate heat soak. Stay tuned!
What do you do with the LSA blowers that help the heat soak and how well did it work with this thing?
Old 07-11-2017, 08:23 AM
6Speeder
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by JMB
This doesn't work.....the motor will spew rich BECAUSE it is not to operating temp and the ECM believes the motor is still cold!
Not true. Hero runs are made with car up to 180 or so, not so low that the car is running rich. It goes into closed loop at MUCH, MUCH lower temps than that.

Quick Reply: Fasterproms Z06 Tune/Flex Fuel only results!