C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The true test question: Does the new Z06 have a good spot to keep your pistol?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:08 AM
SidePipeMusic
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaynardZed
Good to hear. In Arizona the "castle doctrine" applies to "anywhere you have a right to be", i.e. in your house, in your car, sitting on a park bench.

In Texas its my understanding that its more property based, in other words you can shoot someone on any part of your property (like your car or at the edge your land)? In AZ you have to wait until they cross (or are dragged across) the threshold of your house.
Your understanding is correct!
Old 12-26-2014, 11:18 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
I'm in California...never had a gun...never will. I have a Corvette instead.
I thought like this too until I was robbed 3 times at my business and I was there for 1 attempt. Now I will be owning and carrying.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:10 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
I thought like this too until I was robbed 3 times at my business and I was there for 1 attempt. Now I will be owning and carrying.

No thanks!

When you are robbed again and the robber is displaying a gun, will you use your gun? Have you shot someone before? Will you hesitate?

If you don't hesitate to use yours are you sure his gun is real or a toy; does it have bullets in it? Lots of issues to deal with...are you prepared?

If the robber notices you with a gun he will feel threatened and perhaps use his before you. Will you be quick on the draw or will you wonder about his actions.

Remember, no gun and he feels less threatened and no need to use.

Very dumb idea.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:28 PM
MaynardZed
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No thanks!

When you are robbed again and the robber is displaying a gun, will you use your gun? Have you shot someone before? Will you hesitate?

If you don't hesitate to use yours are you sure his gun is real or a toy; does it have bullets in it? Lots of issues to deal with...are you prepared?

If the robber notices you with a gun he will feel threatened and perhaps use his before you. Will you be quick on the draw or will you wonder about his actions.

Very dumb idea.
So just hope that the robber is gong to be nice guy that day and not execute you? No thanks for me. The reality is there are bad people out there that have nothing to lose. They could care less about ending your life.

If you carry and are well trained, you will not hesitate. You do not have time to think, you have to rely on muscle memory. Get some good training if you're going to carry. I don't mean going to the gun range and doing the typical stand and deliver find your front sight BS. In a real life situation you will never see your sights, that's why you train.

BTW, doesn't matter if it's a toy gun if it appears real.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:33 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MaynardZed
So just hope that the robber is gong to be nice guy that day and not execute you? No thanks for me. The reality is there are bad people out there that have nothing to lose. They could care less about ending your life.

If you carry and are well trained, you will not hesitate. You do not have time to think, you have to rely on muscle memory. Get some good training if you're going to carry. I don't mean going to the gun range and doing the typical stand and deliver find your front sight BS. In a real life situation you will never see your sights, that's why you train.

BTW, doesn't matter if it's a toy gun if it appears real.

Yeah, how does that cop feel that gunned down the poor innocent guy in Walmart looking at a toy gun?

I suppose he was well trained, correct?

If you have a gun, it is him or you...will you be quick enough?
Good luck with that.....better off without.

Very dumb idea. I will visit you in prison for your gunning down someone.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:36 PM
amgman
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
Who are you Austin Powers or Goldmember with that Desert Eagle?
Lets face it. A 50 cal hand gun is something for fun, not necessarily function. I just figure if your gonna buy something that stands out, it should really stand out. But also note it is ready to fire
Old 12-26-2014, 12:55 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

No thanks!

Very dumb idea.
No point in arguing...You have not a clue of what you are talking about....
Old 12-26-2014, 01:02 PM
KustomsbyKev
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah, how does that cop feel that gunned down the poor innocent guy in Walmart looking at a toy gun?

I for one would not care if it was a toy gun that looked real or a baseball bat, if someone is threatening me they would be shot. Better off without?? I will take my chances and deal with law enforcement after I defend my life. You can't possibly know what some lunatic is thinking, what drugs he's on or how desperate he is.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:10 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LFZ
No point in arguing...You have not a clue of what you are talking about....
You sure don't.

Originally Posted by c6bound
I for one would not care if it was a toy gun that looked real or a baseball bat, if someone is threatening me they would be shot. Better off without?? I will take my chances and deal with law enforcement after I defend my life. You can't possibly know what some lunatic is thinking, what drugs he's on or how desperate he is.
Inadequate and weak....very weak.

Here's a better solution for the paranoid carrying guns.
Have that Corvette Z06 at the ready.
Once the perpetuator leaves the premises, tail them with your Z06.
If they are driving a POS Viper then you will be able to register this as a kill!
With your OnStar in service, report their whereabouts to the police so they can be apprehended.

Take the gun(s) and deposit them at the local recycling center and save your life.

Easy to say you will do this or that, but when the time comes, you'll be the dead one........but dead right.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:15 PM
MaynardZed
Instructor

You mean the pellet gun he took out of the box and was walking around the store with for 20 minutes? The Walmart shopper exaggerated what the guy was doing on the 911 call, but nevertheless it was a bad accident and the cop made a mistake. I'm sure he feels very bad about it, but he does still feel because he is alive.

The cop was not indicted.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18.'19

Has everyone taken notes from the well experienced BobsZ06? Good, now lets get back on topic. No one cares about the infamous "what ifs", from both sides. What I want to know is where every one fits their protection in their Z06, like the thread requests. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic then don't reply, we are all grown adults here an no one needs a lesson on whether to carry or not.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:24 PM
AtlM5
Advanced

So much wrong in this thread from BOB and Gary92. First off, the comment about the further south you go is COMPLETELY wrong. In fact it is quite the opposite. The West coast and North/northeast are the most dangerous places in the states. You know what they all have in common? Strict gun laws for the law abiding, and the criminals continue doing what they want while ignoring the gun laws that don't apply to the people already breaking the law. As far as what Bob has been saying, there is so much that could be said about these rediculous hypotheticals but I will leave it at this: it is better to judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:31 PM
KustomsbyKev
Melting Slicks

Anyone have a S&W shield they can test fit behind the Nav screen? I'm getting my car soon and would like to know if I can stash it there when I have to go into places that are not concealed carry friendly.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:31 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AtlM5
So much wrong in this thread from BOB and Gary92. First off, the comment about the further south you go is COMPLETELY wrong. In fact it is quite the opposite. The West coast and North/northeast are the most dangerous places in the states. You know what they all have in common? Strict gun laws for the law abiding, and the criminals continue doing what they want while ignoring the gun laws that don't apply to the people already breaking the law. As far as what Bob has been saying, there is so much that could be said about these rediculous hypotheticals but I will leave it at this: it is better to judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I will visit graveside...but no need...

My best idea works.... Get to drive your Z06; Kill a POS Viper; and the police get the bad guys!
3 Winners!

Your idea: Loser (Big Time).

Think people!
Old 12-26-2014, 01:32 PM
KustomsbyKev
Melting Slicks

My best idea works.... Get to drive your Z06; Kill a POS Viper; and the police get the bad guys!
3 Winners!

Think people!
You are the only loser here!
Old 12-26-2014, 01:42 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 Winners!

Think people!
Give it up Bob. Obviously a majority by far here don't agree with you and NEVER will. If you are robbed, are you going to "go to the back room" or "the cooler", or go down trying? Its a very real scenario.

If you choose to not carry good luck. Thats all I have to say.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:49 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
Give it up Bob. Obviously a majority by far here don't agree with you and NEVER will. If you are robbed, are you going to "go to the back room" or "the cooler", or go down trying? Its a very real scenario.

If you choose to not carry good luck. Thats all I have to say.

I'm obviously the only sensible person in that I don't and never will carry or use a gun.
Those that feel inadequate by all means go for it. That is not me.

My work here is done.

Get notified of new replies

To The true test question: Does the new Z06 have a good spot to keep your pistol?

Old 12-26-2014, 02:08 PM
vant
Burning Brakes

Your views on carrying a gun depend greatly on your own personal circumstances. I can see how a concealed gun would be prudent in some areas of the country.

I just feel fortunate that I don't have to live in one of those areas.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:35 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

He may not be the sharpest tool in the tool shed, but he certainly is a tool...
Old 12-26-2014, 04:42 PM
MaynardZed
Instructor

No need to name call. Those that are not comfortable carrying, should not. I wish we all lived in Bob's utopia society where we could just rely on the kindness of man to keep us protected. We all wish there was no evil in the world, but there just is.

Quick Reply: The true test question: Does the new Z06 have a good spot to keep your pistol?