C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Three Z06 owners (and five C7s) meet up for breakfast!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:53 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Great lineup...
Old 12-23-2014, 08:55 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,355 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Originally Posted by jr9170
Great lineup...
Old 12-23-2014, 09:03 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
What was for breakfast?
French Toast and scrambled eggs with an extra side of scrambled eggs. And hot chocolate...it was mad cold.

Originally Posted by Preacher Man
My torch red Z06 would have looked nice in the group of beautiful cars. I hope I can make the next one. When I saw the red interior in the Z07 package I knew that was your car. Also your wife wrote a great article and your Pictures were magnificent . Baby soon? Merry Christmas
Wish you could have made it. I hope you had a great weekend. We'll have many more of these for you to attend. The Dday estimate is Feb 6th.

Originally Posted by DerStig
And I live right next to Manhattan!
Oh yeah?? That's great. We should meet up. What's your address?

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
ZR1's the rarest vettes and will remain that way..

And if its news to you that vettes don't offer exclusivity....well then...
My 1996 Grand Sport would like to have a word with you.

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
BTW, you never did tell me what year YOUR BMW is...Its really sharp! Thought I saw one at a used car lot & wanted to buy for my daughter for her 1st car.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:54 PM
markiemark
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Tony.... where was my email? I went to C&C in Yorktown and surprisingly there was probably 20-25 cars.... Let me know about the next meet....
Old 12-23-2014, 10:36 PM
C6Z06C6
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

This is one problem I have with this car, exclusivity. I hate the fact that I am paying 100k for this car and it's so common. I mean the deliveries started 2 weeks ago and there are 3 of them already in the same NY area!

When I picked up my new M3 (I was #6 in the country to do so for the new model year), I haven't seen a single M3 for over 4 months! And I live right next to Manhattan! Yet I keep seeing Camaros and Corvettes everywhere (not Z06, but I'm sure that will happen too).

How many GT3s do you see or TTS? Heck, I'll say it I know I'll get flamed for it, how many M5s or M6s do you see?

I guess it's a trade off. On one hand, you are getting a bargain, but bargain means it's a bargain for everyone.

OK I now have to agree with everyone that you are the biggest turd on this site. M5's are complete dog ****. That is why you do not see many of them. I made the mistake of buying one and got rid of it within 2 months.

I can guarantee, by the way you act, you were picked on your whole life till you got older and a little bit of money. But that little bit of money still does not compensate for your tiny dick.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:33 AM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Cool that youre still out there Tony...BTW-wheres my jacket?

I literally texted him last week about it! He runs the place I am storing my car so I will hound him again...

This is one problem I have with this car, exclusivity. I hate the fact that I am paying 100k for this car and it's so common. I mean the deliveries started 2 weeks ago and there are 3 of them already in the same NY area!

When I picked up my new M3 (I was #6 in the country to do so for the new model year), I haven't seen a single M3 for over 4 months! And I live right next to Manhattan! Yet I keep seeing Camaros and Corvettes everywhere (not Z06, but I'm sure that will happen too).

How many GT3s do you see or TTS? Heck, I'll say it I know I'll get flamed for it, how many M5s or M6s do you see?

I guess it's a trade off. On one hand, you are getting a bargain, but bargain means it's a bargain for everyone.

If you go to shows/C&Cs you will see GT3s and other "rare" cars. Have you seen a C7 Z06 in the "wild" yet? When was the last time you saw a ZR1 cruising around?

Originally Posted by markiemark
Tony.... where was my email? I went to C&C in Yorktown and surprisingly there was probably 20-25 cars.... Let me know about the next meet....

There was no e-mail...this was just a friend told a friend kind of deal. You'll know about our next one!

Old 12-24-2014, 01:17 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Z06C6
OK I now have to agree with everyone that you are the biggest turd on this site. M5's are complete dog ****. That is why you do not see many of them. I made the mistake of buying one and got rid of it within 2 months.

I can guarantee, by the way you act, you were picked on your whole life till you got older and a little bit of money. But that little bit of money still does not compensate for your tiny dick.
Oh come on man, that was not nice

Leave him alone...he likes his bimmer and perhaps he is really getting a Z06...either way, don't beat him for it.

Hey, BTW, I am a bimmer guy as well...but I am also a Z06 guy. You should see the looks of some of my new Z06 customers when they see me roll up to the shop in a shiny M5. When and if they ask, I tell them that I am not a brand loyalist...I like it all.

And to Mr. Bimmer, please play nice...BMW's are everywhere...maybe not as many M5/M6 around because there are more similar choices now...pricing, performance and handling wise. Such as the E63, CTS-V (wait until the new 2016 lands later this summer with 640HP), Supercharged Jaguar an Audi and so on.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 12-24-2014, 03:27 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

I haven't a clue what you are talking about.
C7 Z06 is common?
OK, whatever....

When I picked up my new M3 (I was #6 in the country to do so for the new model year), I haven't seen a single M3 for over 4 months!
Re-read your sentence and think about why that might be.

I'll say it I know I'll get flamed for it, how many M5s or M6s do you see?
In my city, WAY more than Vettes.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:37 AM
396tears
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Default agree

Originally Posted by mgrenwic
I have to say, the silver z06 looks the best....I really love black but that silver sure shows off the car.
yep!!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:10 AM
ALLANB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My city has tons of people with money. Pretty common to see lots of high end stuff Ferrari , Lambo, Aston Martin, etc. But actually don't see that many c7s yet although guy down around my crescent has a black one and see someone come pick up their kidsf rom high school in a red one month or so ago. And no z06 up here yet Canada is not getting very many allocated so most of them up here will likely have to be imported.

When I had my c6 z06 not very many really in town either but saw a reasonable number but not that many c6 base cars. We also have a big corvette club in my city and people come from all over to attend the events.

Another car that hardly ever see here is Vipers. In over three years can count on two hands number of Vipers have seen of every generation and only saw one 5th generation cruising around here so far but we had no SRT dealership so that might be one reason.

Also lots of Porches especially Boxsters and 911s but not that many 911 turbo models,GT3s or GT2s.
Lots of Mercedes and quite a few SL but not very many SL55 or the top SL63 or 65 models . Fair bit of Ferrari and Lambo all models. And of course lots of Mustangs and quite a lot of GT500s. Few Ford GTs ,cobra kit cars. New Jaguars seem to be getting popular like the F type Jags ,not many Mclarens, some Lotus Elises,not many fourth gen ram air firebirds, fair bit of fifth gen Camaros . Fair bit of old muscle cars, old rods. Fair bit of 350z and of course some GTRs.

Guess every area is a bit different . The c7 and c7 z06 are pretty affordable and will be very affordable after few years once depreciation starts to hit them. So they will get more common likely . Lots of people can afford a 50k car.

But that don't mean they aren't great cars just that they will be more common.
As for BMW since not a big fan don't hardly notice any of them especially the four doors.
BMW , Mercs ,Audi all popular and common here. R8 not super common but again they are pretty expensive new especially the top models.

Last edited by ALLANB; 12-24-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Good lookin' lineup.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:23 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Awesome meet! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-25-2014, 12:01 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

All the z06 s were awesome. The white z51 looked great too! Thanks for posting up Tony....
Old 12-25-2014, 12:10 PM
berryj
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Who's black ZO6 is that on the very end??? I would like to ask him a question about his center caps. Are they standard or was that an option??? Do they have a name??? On the GM build site there are two optional center caps for $200 but there are no photos of what they look like.
I have the same question about those center caps. Not sure if those pictured are standard or the $200 upgrade. Anyone?

Great lineup and Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-25-2014, 02:15 PM
IMMD
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anyone say "greyscale"

Quick Reply: Three Z06 owners (and five C7s) meet up for breakfast!