C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Order a 2015 ECU while you can!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 08:58 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
LOL.....
I started this tread just to see reactions of all these couch tuners! I am not going to rip GM off by swapping the ECU! I have ZERO interest in owning one. GT3 RS all the way baby.

Jerri who said that I was buying a new Z with all my money? LOL. I said that I was going to tune a friends. Personally the new Z is not my bag...Now if it was NA and high revving and tip the scales @ 3100 then that would be a different story. A PD blower has no place in the Z, that is my .02
Cadi just released that the new V will have the same power reducing setup
Nick, more importantly, when is the RS coming?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:04 PM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a "FRIEND" who bricked his c7 tuning, it timed out. He was told to play dumb and the tech would fig it out, then the dealership said it was 2k for a new ecu and tcm. Finally he called another dealership and got a re-flash for 150$.....sometimes its best to tell the truth and talk to a tech......lying to GM almost backfired it was the wrong way to go. you got to pay to play........JMO if you tune your c7 you have to be very careful.... engines are pricey my buddy blew his hemi and a well known vendor did the work. The zo6 I wouldn't tune JMO, get headers and exhaust& CAI ...
Old 12-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by killascrimp
I have a "FRIEND" who bricked his c7 tuning, it timed out. He was told to play dumb and the tech would fig it out, then the dealership said it was 2k for a new ecu and tcm. Finally he called another dealership and got a re-flash for 150$.....sometimes its best to tell the truth and talk to a tech......lying to GM almost backfired it was the wrong way to go. you got to pay to play........JMO if you tune your c7 you have to be very careful.... engines are pricey my buddy blew his hemi and a well known vendor did the work. The zo6 I wouldn't tune JMO, get headers and exhaust& CAI ...
all he had to do was reflash the computer with a Write Entire. if the tech reflashed it, he could have too.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:29 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 05dsom
Nick, more importantly, when is the RS coming?

NO...more importantly is your car in and if it is I MUST SEE PICS.
Kevin you and I know there is very little info about them until Geneva show. All I know is that I have deposit on 3rd POSSIBLE allocation thru Bucks County Porsche.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:39 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

2015 V8 truck ECU have same part # as 2015 Vettes. Bench flash with tech II to write vin and OS and done! These ECU only count key cycles. Smoking a motor doesn't necessarily "pop" a code. I was unaware that there was a DTC for spun bearing? LOLOLOL

For all those out there that have their "panties ruffled" calm down! It's the internet on some stupid forum where a bunch of know-it-all stoke their ego. Some take this **** waaaay to serious.

Last edited by NICK YOSKIN; 12-23-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:27 PM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
2015 V8 truck ECU have same part # as 2015 Vettes. Bench flash with tech II to write vin and OS and done! These ECU only count key cycles. Smoking a motor doesn't necessarily "pop" a code. I was unaware that there was a DTC for spun bearing? LOLOLOL

For all those out there that have their "panties ruffled" calm down! It's the internet on some stupid forum where a bunch of know-it-all stoke their ego. Some take this **** waaaay to serious.
Pretty scary when Nick is the voice of reason on this forum.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:45 PM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
all he had to do was reflash the computer with a Write Entire. if the tech reflashed it, he could have too.
Ya sh!tty dealer in a small town,2k was a joke... sucks living in a small town with one gm dealer, sad thing was my "friend" kept hinting and the tech was just clueless I even tried to speak with the vette tech and they wouldn't let me, needless to say I will never go too that dealership again

Nick why not get a TRENITY D.S, its cheaper than getting a ECU and TCM......SRT had a rolling encryption code on there ECU, It worked for over a year till D.S cracked the code

Last edited by killascrimp; 12-23-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Order a 2015 ECU while you can!