C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Decided to go ahead and trade ZR1 in on a Z06 tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 06:03 PM
hardhattg
ZR1TG
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 85 Posts

Default Decided to go ahead and trade ZR1 in on a Z06 tomorrow

i have been on the fence for a couple of weeks about this , after all the " bad " performance related press the car has gotten , mostly here on this forum . Also i cant say that i am not dissapointed that i am clearly trading my car in on a slower car , but after reading positive review after positive review from literally everyone who has actually picked up their cars . I decided to go ahead with the trade .

As fond as i am of the Zr-1 i am tired of the C-6 in general after owning five of them , two z06 two z51 and one zr-1 . I think i have come to terms with the car not being as fast as originally expected and hope that it makes up for that lack of straight line performance , in every other possible way and of course theres always an aftermarket tune to think about . but a mid eleven second car is still pretty dam fast and fun to drive. I do feel like gm mislead us regarding this cars straight line performance and i am not happy about that .

one black /black z06 being picked up in the am
Old 12-19-2014, 06:07 PM
blipit_
Pro

Received 300 Likes on 122 Posts

Congrats. Straightline speed isn't everything, although the new Z06 is very fast. Updated exotic styling, highly improved interior, new technology all plays a huge factor for me. In those aspects the new Z06 trumps any previous Vette.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:09 PM
GTSNRT10
SPEED JUNKIE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!! If you actually want more than just a drag race / roll on car I promise you won't be disappointed
Old 12-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Enjoy!!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:12 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Your not going to be disappointed.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:15 PM
waltershu
Instructor

I was going to trade my ZR1, But i'm going to wait and see if GM does something about the ECU. I have a problem going to a slower car
Old 12-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

I think there is a "snowball's chance in hell" possibility that you will be disappointed.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:18 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a c7 z06 and also owned a 2013 zr1 that I sold to buy the c7 z06. I liked my zr1 but absolutely love the c7 z06. You will be amazed. I can't wait to hear your feedback. I guarantee you want have any regrets.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:23 PM
MrZR1sc
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Congrates!

Originally Posted by hardhattg
i have been on the fence for a couple of weeks about this , after all the " bad " performance related press the car has gotten , mostly here on this forum . Also i cant say that i am not dissapointed that i am clearly trading my car in on a slower car , but after reading positive review after positive review from literally everyone who has actually picked up their cars . I decided to go ahead with the trade .

As fond as i am of the Zr-1 i am tired of the C-6 in general after owning five of them , two z06 two z51 and one zr-1 . I think i have come to terms with the car not being as fast as originally expected and hope that it makes up for that lack of straight line performance , in every other possible way and of course theres always an aftermarket tune to think about . but a mid eleven second car is still pretty dam fast and fun to drive. I do feel like gm mislead us regarding this cars straight line performance and i am not happy about that .

Our DSO vert is waiting to ship, but I could not part with my ZR1. It is still just to much damn fun to drive! Maybe I will change my mind after we get out Z06, but what the heck I'll have the best of both worlds! A kick *** coupe and convertible!!!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:30 PM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 94 Posts

You won't be disappointed!
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Bluedevil15
Racer

Quote from my neighbor today when I was driving in and he waved me down

" that thing looks like some Ferrari or Lamborghini!"

You won't be disappointed!!!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:38 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

You wont regret it. You will be amazed by this car. You will also discover the car is every bit as quick as the ZR1 but a little easier to drive fast. And let's not forget the top comes off!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:41 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Congrats, The Z06 is the handling machine black is good it hides the spats some what tough to keep clean and dust free..
I'm about ready too also. Buy a Z06 that is. But no hurry.
Taking my sweet time. Not trading the ZR1
or the 2008 Z06. Extending the garage on the main home.
To 45 by 22 inside to make room. May sell something in the next
few years as I'm getting older and need to gear back on stuff.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by FRANK121

Absolutely beautiful.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:42 PM
mnavarro
Instructor

Z06 looks great in black, much better than the standard c7 in black, which I think looks best in white/red.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Skullbussa
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 76 Posts

I have no doubt that other than performance the Z06 is a better car than the ZR1
Old 12-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

I just LOVE my Z06........ Cant understand anyone not liking this car - those that have one understand it. Those that dont have one dont understand.

Yes there are a few that are having issues etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Decided to go ahead and trade ZR1 in on a Z06 tomorrow

Old 12-19-2014, 07:58 PM
hardhattg
ZR1TG
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by FRANK121
beautiful ! love the black with silver painted wheels

the car i bought i did not order and it has the black wheels which i am not sure i prefer . The wheels on your car look about perfect to me . Maybe i will find somone on the forum with the standard painted silver wheels that prefer the black ? dont think their my taste but who knows might change my mind after its in the garage and starts to grow on me .

The thing about buying a car a little slower then the ZR-1, i dont think will bother me that much, as the Zr-1 could never get any traction anyway . After owning a 2013 911 tts that had nothing but traction the zr-1 seems to be missing the point somehow . I did not enjoy the porsche but there was no wasted power in that car .

looking forward to driving the new car home by the time i get back it will need an oil change , seriously .
Old 12-19-2014, 08:01 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't wait to hear your feedback!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:03 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

As a former owner of a 600 hp c6z and current owner of a 510 mile C7Z i can assure you that you have chosen wisely.

I have been coping with the break in period as well as temps at best in the mid 30's but i love this car and MY expectations have either been met or exceeded to this point. Do not let the trolls and naysayers who have not owned/driven this car rain on your parade.... it is exceptional!!

Quick Reply: Decided to go ahead and trade ZR1 in on a Z06 tomorrow