C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

All the talk, all the videos, all the..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

Default All the talk, all the videos, all the..........

Griping, complaining, moaning and groaning. All the "I'm freaking cancelling my order right freaking now'. All the trolling and bashing by those who will never own the C7 Z06, and those who are jealous that they can't afford one. All the 'I'm getting with GM right now'...........

In the real world means nothing.

Today I was finalizing my paperwork and my car (2015 C7 Z51) should be delivered any day and I was talking to my salesman at one of the major dealerships. So far he has delivered 8 C7 Z06s. Fact is, he wants more, more cars to move. He wants all he can get his hands on, so he can sell them.

So, you guys go ahead and protest, go ahead and cancel your orders, there's always someone else who will buy the car.

Newsflash, these forums are valuable to a vast majority of the members here (these forums saved me around $7,000 or the difference between MSRP and getting supplier pricing), however a lot of buyers of these cars don't even know about this site. All they know is the car mags are praising it to the moon. This site is not the holy grail of the Corvette buying public.

I'm not taking up for GM, it is what it is, I'm just saying that most of the disrespecting of the C7 Z06 won't matter in the end.

Last edited by OLD_GOAT; 12-18-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:45 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

you got supplier on your z06?? oh wait see you had a z51 on order congrats great cars also and supplier pricing is a huge savings
Old 12-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

None of this is new. The people are. The same thing happened when the C6Z06 came out. Back then the big deal was the flying roof coming un bonded from the frame and the clutch packs / friction modifier additive.

99% of the bitching and crying are the people who are new to the forum. Many of them should read more and post less. Nothing like someone posting "Breaking News" that was posted here 4 days ago. I know the search function is not the best in the world, but FFS, they should at least try it.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:52 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT
Griping, complaining, moaning and groaning. All the "I'm freaking cancelling my order right freaking now'. All the trolling and bashing by those who will never own the C7 Z06, and those who are jealous that they can't afford one. All the 'I'm getting with GM right now'...........

Today I was finalizing my paperwork and my car should be delivered any day and I was talking to my salesman at one of the major dealerships. So far he has delivered 8 C7 Z06s. Fact is, he wants more, more cars to move. He wants all he can get his hands on, so he can sell them.

So, you guys go ahead and protest, go ahead and cancel your orders, there's always someone else who will buy the car.

Newsflash, these forums are valuable to a vast majority of the members here (these forums saved me around $7,000 or the difference between MSRP and getting supplier pricing), however a lot of buyers of these cars don't even know about this site. All they know is the car mags are praising it to the moon. This site is not the holy grail of the Corvette buying public.

I'm not taking up for GM, it is what it is, I'm just saying that most of the disrespecting of the C7 Z06 won't matter in the end.

Do you have the names of those that will never own a Z06? Is your name on that list? Is your new C7 a Z06? If not, why? Can't you afford a C7 Z06?
Old 12-18-2014, 10:55 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Omega Man
99% of the bitching and crying are the people who are new to the forum. Many of them should read more and post less.
This x1000. When I join a new forum (Viper Alley was my latest), I sit back and watch for awhile. I never start a thread, until I have been around awhile, read a ton, learned a lot, and used SEARCH.

internet forum rules of etiquette are gone nowdays. It's sad.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT

Today I was finalizing my paperwork and my car (2015 C7 Z51) should be delivered any day and I was talking to my salesman at one of the major dealerships. So far he has delivered 8 C7 Z06s. Fact is, he wants more, more cars to move. He wants all he can get his hands on, so he can sell them.

First off it's about the C7Z06 then the complaints about the people not buying one then your a getting 2015 C7 instead?

Then the salesman wants all he can get cause he has sold 8 Z06's.
Maybe he can help the Dealer that listed 11 cars in-stock but have sold 5 so far.
Then this site is not the holy grail of Corvette's maybe you can say just where that is!
Old 12-19-2014, 01:21 AM
rectifyer2000
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

fo·rum noun \ˈfȯr-əm\
: a meeting at which a subject can be discussed

: a place or opportunity for discussing a subject

I don't believe a forum is meant solely for the purpose of glad-handing, nor is it a mutual admiration society. I have learned a lot from those that are critical of corvettes and I appreciate their input, as long as it's accurate. I love corvettes but I want to know the truth about the car before I spend $90K because it will be HUGE purchase for someone like me. I'm thankful to those who have enough money to buy this car and who give their input - especially the negative aspects. It's sad how some of you brag about having the money to buy these cars then criticize anyone who states facts that may disparage it. Close-minded, arrogant bullies.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:46 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

None of this is new. The people are. The same thing happened when the C6Z06 came out. Back then the big deal was the flying roof coming un bonded from the frame and the clutch packs / friction modifier additive.

99% of the bitching and crying are the people who are new to the forum. Many of them should read more and post less. Nothing like someone posting "Breaking News" that was posted here 4 days ago. I know the search function is not the best in the world, but FFS, they should at least try it.
I respectfully disagree. Been on this forum for almost 13 years and C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 had nowhere near this level of acrimony and general malaise at their rollouts. Sure there where some people unhappy about the non pop up headlights but the C6 Z06 was almost unanimous praise and everyone was very excited on these boards. There where not multiple threads with dozens of pages on how the car underperformed.

C7 Z06 rollout on the other hand has not been smooth. Lots of reasons both real and imagined and some people just looking to "troll"- but there are real issues that are playing a factor here. They may be minor or just some early bugs but until there are decisive knockout performance both on road courses and drag strips I honestly don't think things will improve on here.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:52 AM
GTSNRT10
SPEED JUNKIE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
This x1000. When I join a new forum (Viper Alley was my latest), I sit back and watch for awhile. I never start a thread, until I have been around awhile, read a ton, learned a lot, and used SEARCH.

internet forum rules of etiquette are gone nowdays. It's sad.
1 thing I learned is to never argue with ignorance as it will only drag you down to that level and wear you out with experience

sadly that's precisely why most of us from the alley and other boards have left the introowebs

Last edited by GTSNRT10; 12-19-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:09 AM
blipit_
Pro

Received 300 Likes on 122 Posts

I don't mind the banter.

I just wish the moderators would consolidate all the duplicate threads. The naysayers like to make numerous threads about the same subject. For example have a master thread about heat soak, is there really a need for 20 different heat soak related threads. Also have lost count how many threads have been made in relation to that one roll on video. Build quality threads can be consolidated as well.

It has become hard to weed through all the crap and find legitimate owner reviews/problems. Or vendors dynos and mod threads.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:17 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by rectifyer2000

I have learned a lot from those that are critical of corvettes and I appreciate their input, as long as it's accurate. It's sad how some of you brag about having the money to buy these cars then criticize anyone who states facts that may disparage it.
Yup, that's the rub: accuracy.
Unfortunately, "accuracy" has become something of a casualty of war.
The "facts" are that trolls with disinformation rule the forum now and the Sheriff is AWOL.
It's a situation I haven't seen before on a big forum.

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
They may be minor or just some early bugs but until there are decisive knockout performance both on road courses and drag strips I honestly don't think things will improve on here.
"Knockout performances" won't come about until an A8 car is broken-in or owners start running at well known tracks....and that will, indeed, be awhile.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:19 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

I was real active in the C6 section in late 2008 through 2009, and left due to having other cars.

Outside of the url, this is not the board I left back then. No way, no how. Let me rephrase this, the C7 Z06 Discussion forum doesn't reflect, in any manner, the board in late 2008 through 2009. The other C7 sections are fine, it's just this one.

Back then it was more about sharing information, mostly in a positive manner. The only issue I remember back then was the quarter mile times ran by some guy who had tuned his car, then retuned it back to stock and had his time (which was quickest) put as number 1 on the C6 fast list. A lot of people felt that since his car was at one time tuned, that it shouldn't be on the showroom stock list, and should've been on the tuned or modded category.

Actually none of this matters. The same for whether I can afford a C7 Z06 right now. It's my tangent theory, when something is posted that somebody doesn't like, they attempt to take a thread and/or post and take it away from the intent of the original post.

The intent of this thread is as simple as the original post. It's facts are that my salesman can sell as many C7 Z06s as he can lay his hands on. He sales them at MSRP. 90% of the information (either good or bad) of the C7 Z06 that is going on in these forums has no bearings on his sales at all.

Last edited by OLD_GOAT; 12-19-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:42 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't you afford a C7 Z06?
How 'bout you Joe, can you? Why is it always a measuring contest with you old geezers?
Old 12-19-2014, 05:14 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Yup, that's the rub: accuracy.
Unfortunately, "accuracy" has become something of a casualty of war.
The "facts" are that trolls with disinformation rule the forum now and the Sheriff is AWOL.
It's a situation I haven't seen before on a big forum.

"Knockout performances" won't come about until an A8 car is broken-in or owners start running at well known tracks....and that will, indeed, be awhile.
The difference between what the forum is now compared to what it was in the past is that the people on here have been spoiled since the arrival of the C6Z06 and the C6ZR1.
They both had knockout performance right out of the gate, people expected the same thing out of this Z06 and it just did not happen.

The performance numbers will definitely get better, that just comes with time, but i don't think the A8 is going to make that much a difference, and The "Break IN" excuse, is just an excuse.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:23 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
How 'bout you Joe, can you? Why is it always a measuring contest with you old geezers?
Your so-called "measuring contest" started in the original post when the OP said....."All the trolling and bashing by those who will never own the C7 Z06, and those who are jealous that they can't afford one" and not with me. I never mentioned the size of my dick. But if you are so enthralled about the size of my dick, yes I can write a check for C7 Z06.

Last edited by JoesC5; 12-19-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:25 PM
blipit_
Pro

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
They both had knockout performance right out of the gate, people expected the same thing out of this Z06 and it just did not happen.
So a car that set production car records for later g and braking tests. A car that Car & Drivers tested faster 0-60 and out accelerates the ZR1 to 140. Laps Milford faster than the ZR1. Was 2+ seconds faster on street tires around Road Atlanta than the pole position for this years Continental Tire Series race. That isn't a knockout? And all this for $20,000 less entry fee than the ZR1. Not to mention, yet another easy car to mod for huge power, like Chevy always provides.

You people are something else.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by blipit_
So a car that set production car records for later g and braking tests. A car that Car & Drivers tested faster 0-60 and out accelerates the ZR1 to 140. Laps Milford faster than the ZR1. Was 2+ seconds faster on street tires around Road Atlanta than the pole position for this years Continental Tire Series race. That isn't a knockout? And all this for $20,000 less entry fee than the ZR1. Not to mention, yet another easy car to mod for huge power, like Chevy always provides. You people are something else.
Right on!

Get notified of new replies

To All the talk, all the videos, all the..........

Old 12-19-2014, 05:58 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by blipit_
So a car that set production car records for later g and braking tests. A car that Car & Drivers tested faster 0-60 and out accelerates the ZR1 to 140. Laps Milford faster than the ZR1. Was 2+ seconds faster on street tires around Road Atlanta than the pole position for this years Continental Tire Series race. That isn't a knockout? And all this for $20,000 less entry fee than the ZR1. Not to mention, yet another easy car to mod for huge power, like Chevy always provides.

You people are something else.

I along with most forum members agree with you.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:58 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Some of you are reeeeally going to be sad when I do buy a C7 Z06, and still tell you that the Viper is faster on the highway.

Tony
Old 12-19-2014, 06:11 PM
blipit_
Pro

Originally Posted by NineBall
Some of you are reeeeally going to be sad when I do buy a C7 Z06, and still tell you that the Viper is faster on the highway.

Tony
Not quite understanding. You plan to buy a car, just to prove something that magazine test already back up. Is this news?

Quick Reply: All the talk, all the videos, all the..........